Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Total Clousure On Rav 4

jedi134

Does anyone know if this is possible on a Rav4.2 without any extra modules?

This is when you lock the door and arm the alarm, if you have left any windows or sunroof open it will automatically close them for you.

I have a butler that does that. She then confirms to me that the car is secure. Good eh? I only need to make her dinner too ! :lol: :lol:

Mate I think they call that Global Closure ... Well at least Jaguar do .....

I have a butler that does that. She then confirms to me that the car is secure. Good eh? I only need to make her dinner too ! :lol: :lol:

Will she fit in my pocket? :lol:

Do any of the new ravs come with it? What about yours Charlie?

No Mate. I don't find it a problem though but it is a nice touch.. On the Jag I can be walking across a car park and unlock the doors and open the windows as I walk towards the car. Nice but not necessary ?

Can open the boot too but most cars do this anyway..

I always have Windows and sunroof open, weather permitting. I love fresh air. Would be nice just to press a button and everthing zips up tight, the amount of time I have left a window slightly open.

I always have Windows and sunroof open, weather permitting. I love fresh air. Would be nice just to press a button and everthing zips up tight, the amount of time I have left a window slightly open.

Yes I too love having windows and roof open. I even drive in winter with My window down. This is another Plus factor for the Ravs superb Dual Climate as Wifey can crank Her sides temperature up full !! I still get rollocking for the draught mind ! :blink:

I must remember to order one of those Climair sunroof things in case the weather in Scotland changes to 30 degrees in January ??? :unsure:

Since the window on the passenger side doesn't have anti-trap then it's unlikely there would be total closure support from Toyota.

You could try using the key and holding it in the lock position to see what happens.

Since the window on the passenger side doesn't have anti-trap then it's unlikely there would be total closure support from Toyota.

You could try using the key and holding it in the lock position to see what happens.

That is what I do on the Jag Mate. But it doesn't work on the Rav....

I tried it on mine too, was hoping a facelift would be more advanced. Fairly sure fully auto windows on all glass which has then anti trap is a prerequisite.

My golf never had this feature either, but some cleaver clogs managed to change some code in the comfort control module ( does the windows and locks etc) with a odbii cable and some vag hex editing software. They wrote a DIY for it online. Now when I hold the lock button on the remote the Windows and sunroof close and when I hold the unlock button, the Windows roll down.

Can something like this be done on Toyotas?

What can that techstrean software access?

Dunno not tried it for coding actually. Comfort close was an option on VAG cars though, so enabling it is less pioneering. I don't think the ravs ever had it to enable. I'll have a look at the schematic as that may give some clues as to whether it is electrically possible.

Dunno not tried it for coding actually. Comfort close was an option on VAG cars though, so enabling it is less pioneering. I don't think the ravs ever had it to enable. I'll have a look at the schematic as that may give some clues as to whether it is electrically possible.

Right I've had a look at this. The windows are driven directly by the window switch (in contrast on the VAG/jag etc they are driven by an ECU, which is stimulated by the window switch).

There is no connection from either the key lock switch or any ECU to the window switch. The only thing that comes close to the window switch from an ECU is a power relay activated by the ECU, that allows you to close the windows with the ignition off before opening the door.

And so it would not be possible to use software only, without modifying the vehicle wiring, to stimulate the window motors - since the connections from lock switch or body ECU simply aren't there to signal the windows to close.

O well thats a shame, so the only way would be with an additional module incorperated into the window switch and alarm some how? Like an add on box??

Do any Toyotas across the range have this feature?

I thought everything was controlled by the ECU`s nower days, but obviously not in Toyotas case.

Yes it would have to be an aftermaket module. finding un-switched power would be needed, as well as keeping an eye on the current consumption.

You might be able to trigger the module with the lock line to the driver door, and then could house all components in the driver's door.

It's surprising just how basic the wiring on the RAV4.2 is TBH.

I`ve always though this about Toyota`s/Lexus..... they may be reliable, but the technology is agricultral when compared to other manufactures IMO :yes:

O well thats a shame, so the only way would be with an additional module incorperated into the window switch and alarm some how? Like an add on box??

Do any Toyotas across the range have this feature?

I thought everything was controlled by the ECU`s nower days, but obviously not in Toyotas case.

Try e-mailing:

enquiry@singtech.com.sg

Company in Singapore. They may possibly do a module.

I`ve always though this about Toyota`s/Lexus..... they may be reliable, but the technology is agricultral when compared to other manufactures IMO :yes:

This is my first foray into Toyota but yes it's well behind the curve so far as I can tell.

I have a closure module bought for about a tenner on eBay. Requires cutting wires though having looked at the wiring diagram today. I'm a little worried about the rating on the pins and relays since it's cheap Chinese crap.

This Rav is my 1st foray in to Toyota also, but so far so good.

A while back a bought a Golf V6 4 motion and at the same time my mate bought the Lexus IS200 both look great cars from the outside, that was until we popped the bonnets to compare engines.

The Golf had this loverly looking V6 cutting egde looking engine in it, we then popped open the bonnet of the IS200 and there it was in all its glory..............a straight 6 tractor engine...... it looked ancient :unsure:

But having said that, my golf was awalys in the Garage, and his Lexus was not. :thumbsup:

This is my first foray into Toyota but yes it's well behind the curve so far as I can tell.

I have a closure module bought for about a tenner on eBay. Requires cutting wires though having looked at the wiring diagram today. I'm a little worried about the rating on the pins and relays since it's cheap Chinese crap.

How do these units sense the current drawn from the motors or do they not? for example when you go to close the windows I presume all 4 windows will be activated to close at once, but if they are already closed, wont this just put a great load on the circuit/motor, unless this module senses this and cuts power to that window?

Does the straight Toyota window circuit have any sort of current limiting when it senses the window is shut or is it not this advanced?

You might be able to trigger the module with the lock line to the driver door, and then could house all components in the driver's door.

Requires cutting wires though having looked at the wiring diagram today. I'm a little worried about the rating on the pins and relays since it's cheap Chinese crap.

I wouldn't advise mounting any module with relays in it, in a door, but it's up to you.

Think about what can happen to the relay when you slam the door.......... VMs have made this mistake.

Sure, it depends what the unit is doing, but it can be amusing for a few seconds watching the window drop a little, when the door's slammed, due to the relay contacts being bounced from the door slam.

I wouldn't advise mounting any module with relays in it, in a door, but it's up to you.

Think about what can happen to the relay when you slam the door.......... VMs have made this mistake.

Sure, it depends what the unit is doing, but it can be amusing for a few seconds watching the window drop a little, when the door's slammed, due to the relay contacts being bounced from the door slam.

Good point, hadn't thought of that.

For me the knock-off molex minifit connectors they use that are rated to 7A (even from Molex) are enough to put me off. I wouldn't want to run more than about 5A through them.

No help, but our BMW had this feature back in 1991 (hold key in position a few secs to close anything open) so it's certainly not new tech, guess Toyota just never get asked for it.