Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Thread

bmwe30m3

hello every1 i hav a 2006 toyota avensis the problem is that the p/s front tyre doesnt last 2 months ive changed 4 part worns in the last 7 months i hav had the tracking done from 4 different places ive changed the alloy aswell ive had it checked from an mot station 2 make sure there are no bushes gone ........but everything checks out fine ,,,,,,,its never had an accident and its really pi//ing me off im so fed up that i want to sell the car if you have any suggestions im all ears :censor: :censor: :censor:

The Avensis is notorious for wear on the front tyres , i could not keep them on my Avensis , very very hard on tyres , if they are uneven wearing on left or roght maybe need relined but they are hard on the front tyres , that is my experience

We need to establish if the tyres are wearing evenly or not ? Is the wear all on one side for example ? Even an Avensis should manage a lot longer than 2 months on any decent tyre.

Just to clarify, is it just the o/s front that's wearing rapidly and also are you using part-worn tyres? If the answer to the latter question is yes, then perhaps it's the use of part-worn tyres. Can you give more details of the wear pattern?

worn on the inside......tracking/camber

worn on the outside.....tracking/camber

worn in the center......over inflated

worn on inner and outer edges...underinflated..

Just to clarify, is it just the o/s front that's wearing rapidly and also are you using part-worn tyres? If the answer to the latter question is yes, then perhaps it's the use of part-worn tyres. Can you give more details of the wear pattern?

a brand new tyre lasted about 3 months thats why i started using part worn bcuz they are alot cheaper its only the front p/s tyre and it is wearing out evenly

worn on the inside......tracking/camber

worn on the outside.....tracking/camber

worn in the center......over inflated

worn on inner and outer edges...underinflated..

the cambers have been adjusted the bloke at the tracking station checked them also

a brand new tyre lasted about 3 months

how many miles?

Something is certainly wrong, I have had 35k off my 2 front tyres (Bridgestone REO50) and still some left..

Really ? That's actually very good for a reasonably powered FWD car that isn't exactly light. I'm guessing those tyres are composed of quite a hard compound rubber or you're very light-footed :)

in my experience if you are running average oem premium (Continental, Goodyear, Pirelli etc.) tyres on a modern fwd car like an Avensis, Mondeo, Insignia/Vectra etc. then typical life on the fronts is 18-25k.

Rears are another story though - I've just changed mine at 40K but I probably could have got another 10k out of them before they hit the legal limit of 1.6mm.

Something is certainly wrong, I have had 35k off my 2 front tyres (Bridgestone REO50) and still some left..

Really ? That's actually very good for a reasonably powered FWD car that isn't exactly light. I'm guessing those tyres are composed of quite a hard compound rubber or you're very light-footed :)

I would say light footed, especially due to the cost of fuel nowadays...