Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Muppet Range Rover Driver

webleymk3

Would you believe I had another incident today....

Back roads in edinburgh had not been treated and following this morning's snow they were covered in compact snow and very slippy. A muppet in a Range Rover came tearing round a corner at a rate of knots no car could handle given the conditions and slid into the side of me.

Following a brief altercation, He then proceeded to deny everythin and, jumped into his car to drive off!!! Whilst on the phone to the police I stood in front of him to stop him driving, he simply drove... I wound up on his bonnet!!! Once I slid off he made off!!!

For my troubles I am left with a damaged door and wing and a police reference number...

Car is no more than 4 months old to me... Raging!!

Don't want to go thru my insurance as I just had the claim for the write off and I simply can't afford to fix it myself just now. My mum passed away a couple of weeks ago (hence why I've been quiet on here) and I had to pay to bring a sibling and her husband home from California at short notice... The airlines like those customers as they know they will pay just about anything for a seat.... Hmph!

Anyway, I'm ok but KevRav2 is a little worse for wares....

Blooming sorry to hear that. Are you ok after an altercation with the bonnet. Lesson to be learned from this...... First thing to do is not the police, but use your phones camera for the reg of the car that's hit you, it's the most important thing after making sure everyone is alright.

Got all that. I just wish I had taken a photo of his face. Young Asian guy, I suspect he was driving daddy's car and just assumed being a Range Rover he could drive like a numpty in the snow. Police have already told me the DVLA record shows the previous keeper only and that there is a note from him saying he no longer owns the car. I suspect the reason he wanted to get away so fast was because he has no insurance....

Bummer! You never know, he may be caught on a camera and caught with no insurance.

Oh good one. There are cameras in that part of town.... Must check that one out and mention it to the police....

Cheers

Surely if you report this as a hit and run rather than a RTC you will get a different reaction!

Being driven into is quite serious even if you are stood in the way, what if you banged your head on the kerb etc etc

Oh good one. There are cameras in that part of town.... Must check that one out and mention it to the police....

Cheers

You're having a rough end to 2011 Weblers. I hope the :censor: lttle scroat gets caught

Cheers

Always worth them checking. It's how they got the guys that murdered the Police Woman in Bradford, tracked them on the cameras. Might lead you to them, or a place of work, and you've got photos of the car at the scene so you could be onto a winner. Fingers crossed!

Sorry to hear about your loss mate. Its :censor: awful when a car driven by a :censor: does something like that. I hope you get it sorted and he gets whats coming to the :censor: :censor: :censor:

Ole Charlie is quite good at dishing out a chestfull of slack ribs if it helps Mate ?? Sorry to hear this !Removed! awful.. Get this elevated to a hit and run straight away... Ring and tell them You are injured !!!............... :blink: :blink:

Sorry to hear about this Dave,and i hope your ok.

Simlilar sort of thing happened outside our house a few years ago.

A black Range Rover flew round the corner going into the opposite lane and hit a woman driver coming the oposite way.

They both got out and we could see the RR driver shouting and pointing at the woman so i went out and told the woman that i saw what happened and told her to take a piccy of him and his car at which point he got back in his RR and drove off at great speed.Never heared what happened??

Sorry to hear about this, rather a nasty incident. sometimes it does seem like you're getting heaped with more than your share of bad luck, do try and escalate it to H&R.

We have a lot of fast cars round here Impretzas EVOs and the like. Driven by impressively young drivers, usually on impossible private plates their mates/relatives knocked up in their car spares shop. No insurance, not registered, unlikely they have a driving licence. One recently passed me in a line of traffic at a red light by simply going round the outside of us all on the other side of the centre refuge and powered over the lights.

Best to just keep out of their way, (like the police seem to)

And you thought all those ANPR cameras would stop this happening....

Repeated condolences on The Mammy, Dave, and take solace that....

THIS PERSON LEFT THE SCENE OF AN ACCIDENT

THIS PERSON MAY HAVE BEEN DRIVING WITH NO OR INADEQUATE INSURANCE

THIS ubik WAS DRIVING WITHOUT DUE CARE AND ATTENTION (TO CONDITIONS)

Stay calm....he will be caught and well reprimandicated, but escalation to hit and run....can this be done retrospectively....? Pursue the camera thing, and yer mates HEREON will make sure yer Rav is restored to better than pre. this debaclement....!!!

In closure, would you mind if I buy MY OWN lottery ticket....?

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Stay calm....he will be caught and well reprimandicated, but escalation to hit and run....can this be done retrospectively....? Pursue the camera thing, and yer mates HEREON will make sure yer Rav is restored to better than pre. this debaclement....!!!

Cheers Kev. I'll tell what numbers I'll use so you can be sure to avoid them!!!

The hilarious thing is that if they catch him he will be in some serious trouble. Hit and run, not giving insurance details and leaving the scene- kind of. The altercation took place down the road after we initially parted ways as I thought he had only pranged my wing mirror. Only noticed the real damage after he was gone.

The hilarious thing is that if they catch him he will be in some serious trouble. Hit and run, not giving insurance details and leaving the scene- kind of. The altercation took place down the road after we initially parted ways as I thought he had only pranged my wing mirror. Only noticed the real damage after he was gone. I high tailed it after him and caught up with him which is where the argument took place.

The hilarious thing is that if they catch him he will be in some serious trouble. Hit and run, not giving insurance details and leaving the scene- kind of. The altercation took place down the road after we initially parted ways as I thought he had only pranged my wing mirror. Only noticed the real damage after he was gone.

Post up some damage photos tomorrow Dave. Is your wing mirror shot? I've one of each and some covers 'in stock' if needed :thumbsup:

Cheers Dave. Wing mirror was fine. It just folded in on impact. It's the back door and wheel arch that took the hit. I think the door will pop out and just need painted. Not sure about the wheel arch tho. I have some pics. Will post the'marra.

I think the fact it was in very slippery ice I was on was a saving grace as the car slid as opposed to gripping meaning the damage was less than it could have been.

Cheers Dave. Wing mirror was fine. It just folded in on impact. It's the back door and wheel arch that took the hit. I think the door will pop out and just need painted. Not sure about the wheel arch tho. I have some pics. Will post the'marra.

I think the fact it was in very slippery ice I was on was a saving grace as the car slid as opposed to gripping meaning the damage was less than it could have been.

Sorry to hear of your trouble, Dave. Trust it gets sorted to your satisfaction. Hopefully, next time, the b@st@4d will hit a 44-tonner.....

Jim

Very sorry to hear of your accident Dave, this is typical of some of the Youth of today. I had an incident at work the other day, one of my pupils (remember I teach the one,s that mainstream education don,t want to know about) took his foot to the wing on my Cooper S. £300 worth of damage, and he did not give a sh**!!!!! needless to say I,ve made his life a misery since. It,s the mentality of many of the Youth today unfortunatly.

Hope you get it sorted, my thoughts are with you

Regards Clare

Thats why I carry a hammer and other implements in case I need to defend myself.

Edinburghs not that big a place. If you have the regy, try posting up on some of the cruise sites.... I think Falkirk have one and there must be one covering Edinburger.

Ask around at the local takeaways ?? More than a few will hate the wee shiit in the area for showing off.

Over this way, its most likely a drug money funded nutter.

While I sympathise entirely with the OP I can't imagine the police doing very much. While in your shoes I would be reporting it as an attempted murder, unless he does something silly and gets nabbed in the very near future I wouldn't be holding my breath. It was perhaps also unwise to get in front of his car, if he is living on the other side of the law and escaping the scene before the rozzers turn up involves driving over you, he might not even think twice.[/Captain Sensible]

I come across some odd driving in Croatia, I tend to keep vaguely near the speed limits, which ubikes the locals off no end. I was coming back from Zagreb a few months back and I had some 'tard behind me, he kept pulling up close, flashing his lights, then pulling back again. Eventually we got to a straight and he overtook me and immediately slammed on his brakes (ooh look, your hazard lights turned themselves on :lol: ) I could then see him reaching inside his glovebox for something, then the driver's door opened and I thought "if you come out of there waiving a gun your body will be testing the crumple zones on the front of my Pug." Then the door shut and he drove off. What the f...? :blink:

@ bothwell_buyer: be very careful what you carry with you in the front of the car, you can be done for carrying an intended offensive weapon.

Completely off topic: After that big pile up a month or so ago, where people were trapped in their cars and burned alive, I was thinking of getting one of those emergency hammers. One end of them has at least one pointed face for smashing windscreens etc. and the other has a knife for cutting seatbelts. They also come with a mounting bracket so they can be affixed within easy reach under the dash.

While I sympathise entirely with the OP I can't imagine the police doing very much. While in your shoes I would be reporting it as an attempted murder, unless he does something silly and gets nabbed in the very near future I wouldn't be holding my breath. It was perhaps also unwise to get in front of his car, if he is living on the other side of the law and escaping the scene before the rozzers turn up involves driving over you, he might not even think twice.[/Captain Sensible]

I come across some odd driving in Croatia, I tend to keep vaguely near the speed limits, which ubikes the locals off no end. I was coming back from Zagreb a few months back and I had some 'tard behind me, he kept pulling up close, flashing his lights, then pulling back again. Eventually we got to a straight and he overtook me and immediately slammed on his brakes (ooh look, your hazard lights turned themselves on :lol: ) I could then see him reaching inside his glovebox for something, then the driver's door opened and I thought "if you come out of there waiving a gun your body will be testing the crumple zones on the front of my Pug." Then the door shut and he drove off. What the f...? :blink:

@ bothwell_buyer: be very careful what you carry with you in the front of the car, you can be done for carrying an intended offensive weapon.

Completely off topic: After that big pile up a month or so ago, where people were trapped in their cars and burned alive, I was thinking of getting one of those emergency hammers. One end of them has at least one pointed face for smashing windscreens etc. and the other has a knife for cutting seatbelts. They also come with a mounting bracket so they can be affixed within easy reach under the dash.

The thing is, he was never actually aggressive with me, which you would think he would be had got something to hide. one of the reasons i got off his bonnet quickly was that i didn't really want a ride down the street on the front of his car.

I'm gonna call the police on Monday and ask how it's going, a reiterate that i am concerned he struck me with his car and drove away.

Oh lordy, what is this bullitin board doing now?

Do you have any bruises that would show up on a camera? I really do have little faith in the police (I have experience...) but I hope they catch the little ubiker and crush daddy's pimp truck.

I think the word you're looking for there is "cold".