Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Muppet Range Rover Driver

webleymk3

Pm sent

.....Police man....? :thumbsup:

Not very PC Kev

At least in inspector................

@ bothwell_buyer: be very careful what you carry with you in the front of the car, you can be done for carrying an intended offensive weapon.

Whilst you would need to explain a hammer, axe and a crowbar, a nice big hefty maglite torch to see with is perfectly innocent, but could do a fair bit of damage to someone.

Gah, maybe I was being a touch too subtle there.

Nah, Steve....some of us shared the same wave..... :thumbsup:

Nah, Steve....some of us shared the same wave..... :thumbsup:

Made sense to me too. :-)

I'm gonna call the police on Monday and ask how it's going, a reiterate that i am concerned he struck me with his car and drove away.

Did you get any useful noises out of them yet?

wee update:

Spoke with the police today after hearing nothing from them yesterday, told them i was disappointed and that maybe it should be escalated from a road traffic accident/offence to hit and run, afterall he did strike me with his vehicle...

The office dealing with it is on a training course today and is due to call me ASAP...

Anybody know of what is good to use as a temporary fix to protect the body work now that the paint has been chipped off???

Thanks

Weblers

wee update:

Spoke with the police today after hearing nothing from them yesterday, told them i was disappointed and that maybe it should be escalated from a road traffic accident/offence to hit and run, afterall he did strike me with his vehicle...

The office dealing with it is on a training course today and is due to call me ASAP...

Anybody know of what is good to use as a temporary fix to protect the body work now that the paint has been chipped off???

Thanks

Weblers

Possibly cover with waterproof tape for now? Not sure about a suitable temporary primer paint with the water based paints now being used on cars.

Maybe ask at a local body shop?

wee update:

Thanks

Weblers

How about a spray of WD40? Won't look particularly elegant but it will offer some protection. Or if you have some Waxoyl in the garage or pick up a spray can of it in Halfrauds (but not the black bitumastic type!).

Maybe a big blob of vaseline as a temporary measure?

Very sorry to hear of your accident - there are so many irresponsible people around.

Unfortunately someone hit my wife's car whilst she was parked the other day. So I know what it is like.

David

Just brush some hammerite on for the winter either way its going to be all sanded and resprayed, if theres any rush showing now, sand it off and hammerite. Should keep the metal in good nick until you have time to fix.

Just brush some hammerite on for the winter either way its going to be all sanded and resprayed, if theres any rush showing now, sand it off and hammerite. Should keep the metal in good nick until you have time to fix.

i was think that or Nail Varnish... if the latter i will need to get more as I need what i have for the weekend...

erm.... :jawdrop::laughing::naughty:

Police have just said there is little or no chance of tracing the driver as the car is unregistered and uninsured....

Fricken brilliant

How is it possible that a car is unregistered? The previous owner has the responsibility to pass the new keeper details to the DVLA.

Burger :( Sometimes I'd prefer to be wrong.

Anyone got any issues with posting the numberplate on the forum here?

Police have just said there is little or no chance of tracing the driver as the car is unregistered and uninsured....

Fricken brilliant

|I would have thought that those two facts should have set off all sorts of alarm bells with plod. If such a desirable vehicle is unregistered & uninsured, why? There's got to be a sinister reason & it could be tied up with something really nasty that the fuzz should get on to toute suite.

Someone has suggetsed posting the plate on here but surely every plod in the force area should be on red alert for that car until they find it.

Webles, old chap, I don't want to sound hysterical but you may have had a lucky escape there.....