Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ecu Memory Saver!

sniper9652

Going to change the Battery soon on my 54 reg 4.2 D4D , has anyone tried one of these so you don't lose any settings, codes...etc?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gunson-77065-Memory-Saver-EOBD11-/280630267499

Where is the EOBD data socket on the Rav 4?

Regards, Steve

Surely you'll only have to reset the clock and radio memory, hardly worth the expense of a gadget? I've not seen any other effects after disconnecting the Battery.

Anyway, I believe the socket is behind the dash by your right knee when you're in normal driving position.

Surely you'll only have to reset the clock and radio memory, hardly worth the expense of a gadget? I've not seen any other effects after disconnecting the battery.

Anyway, I believe the socket is behind the dash by your right knee when you're in normal driving position.

Sorted now thanx to 'Uncle Bob' and the link below! (some have stated lost ECU engine parrameters..central locking needing re-setting...etc..etc! That was the reason for my interest in the 'gadget'!)

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67760&hl=

Just for interest can anyone give a bit more detailed info on this '180 pin EOBD data socket', location..etc, maybe a pic or two?

Cheers, Steve

Perhaps I've just been lucky then, but if the gadget gives you peace of mind then it's (possibly) worth the money.

As for the port, it's under the fuse box next to the bonnet release switch (at your right knee when seated), but tucked up behind the plastic trim slightly - if you stick your head down there and look up you can't really miss it. On the diagram below it's located at the red dot.

post-99583-0-97788200-1323679373_thumb.j

It looks a bit like a TV SCART socket in size I guess (used to connect videos/DVD players etc).

post-99583-0-31473300-1323679573_thumb.j

So you need a second Battery nearby for this? Would prefer a rechargeable device with say 30 minutes capacity to run the clock/interior light.

I've been working on cars for 14 years and never needed one of these, don't think I need one any time soon. It's good that a) when you are working on the car, moving the power cables, you know it's not still live. B) It's good to reset the adaptations every 12 months to start again from scratch.

Also - £30! You could probably build one for about a fiver. I assume it's diode & resistor protected to stop one Battery trying to charge the other through the thin OBD2 wiring?

you will only loose radio stations and clock if your doing a battery switch over

Cheers 'srjp' and others for your input, my mind is now at rest! Thanx

Steve

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links