Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greetings

NWUK

Hi,

I 'may' be joining you all as a Rav 4 owner this week, good choice I presume?

Nice to find an active forum, wasn't really expecting one when I googled it.

Greetings John and welcome to the "club" there are a superb bunch of guys & gals on here full of knowledge (some even on the Rav) and a very dodgy sense of humour :thumbsup:

Gus

Hi,

I 'may' be joining you all as a Rav 4 owner this week, good choice I presume?

Nice to find an active forum, wasn't really expecting one when I googled it.

Hello John and welcome.

Fingers crossed then!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

As far as I am concerned you will have little reason to regret owning a RAV :yahoo:

Del

http://www.candacars...kshire/12975061 is the one I am looking at, but there is a good choice really, I may opt for a different one

Hi John,

Welcome to the forum (togas optional). That's a nice looking RAV & the price seems very reasonable. Petrol, so no DMF issues and the VVTi engine is bomb-proof - we've got two. I love that blue.

Enjoy,

Jim

Hi John

Welcome to the very informative....mad house :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D

:thumbsup:

Hi John welcome, I see youre going over t,border into Yorkshire for it!!!!!!

Regards Clare

Welcome.. Nice looking car and the best colour !! Interior in leather is very nice !!!! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I bought it today!

just drove back from Yorkshire to 'sunny' Lancashire, loved it. Nice chunk of power when needed, overtakes with ease.

Couple of minor questions, and they really are minor, because I don't mind too much on the answer:)

Mp3 player, fairly sure I read the XT4 could play mp3's ?

Glove box, refrigerated?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a 'best' oil to use? I also have a 2 stroke 125cc bike, and oil there is critical

I have to ask these basic questions as i did not get an owners manual, just a service history :rolleyes:

You mean engine oil?

The recommended viscosity is around 5W/30 and it should be at least semi synthetic. Don't beat yourself up about getting it exact but try to get in the range of 0W - 40.

Castrol Edge 5W-30 1 Litre for instance, its fully synthetic though, does that matter?

Both of our VVTi's are serviced by local Mr.T who seems to use Mobil 1 or Esso fully synthetic. As Anch's says, 5W-30 or 40 is OK.

Well I bought it today!

just drove back from Yorkshire to 'sunny' Lancashire, loved it. Nice chunk of power when needed, overtakes with ease.

Couple of minor questions, and they really are minor, because I don't mind too much on the answer:)

Mp3 player, fairly sure I read the XT4 could play mp3's ?

Glove box, refrigerated?

Cheers

hi Matey

welcome on board

re glove box -- yes it is refrigerated but not to store a meat there :D just to keep bottle at temp you ve adjusted on an A.C climate.

Cheers/Igor

Fully synthetic is technically better than semi synthetic but it can cling to the cylinder walls well enough to raise consumption. Not usually a problem but keep an eye on it weekly for a while after changing just until you get a feel for it.

Fully synthetic is technically better than semi synthetic but it can cling to the cylinder walls well enough to raise consumption. Not usually a problem but keep an eye on it weekly for a while after changing just until you get a feel for it.

That's interesting, Don. I know that fully synthetic isn't good when "running in" because it prevents the bits bedding in but I always reckoned it was best for long-term use after that. Our '02 VVTi has been run on full synth since new. It has 70K + on now and has never used a drop of oil - ever. Having said that, I used to always get the oil & filter changed every 6K miles or 6 months up until about 30K irrespective of mileage. The '54 reg has 38K on and FTSH on full synth and, so far, doesn't use any oil.

Honest John's review of the 4.2 lists increasing oil consumption after 40K miles as one of the few faults but so far (touching wood furiously) ours have been fine.

thanks all

Did you ever manage to get an owner's manual, John min? If you want a wee loan of one for a couple of weeks, jist shout.Belated welcomisers t'club of heidbangeritis......

Big Kev :thumbsup: