Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New-Ish Rav?

Paulus17

Well folks,after only owning our very first Rav since August 2010,we have gone and bought another :yahoo:

We went and had a look at it yesterday and it is a great looking motor,Rav4 XT-3,04 plate,with just 39500miles on the clock,one lady owner,full service history,and it looks and feels just like new.

We have PXd the other Rav which we feel we got a great deal from the Toyota dealer.

We are hoping to pick it up next weekend when the Reg plate has been tranfered,so piccys will follow then,but SWMBO can't wait to get behind the wheel of it again :D

So watch this space :yahoo:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paulus17

• firemac

• anchorman

• CharlieFarlie

Well folks,after only owning our very first Rav since August 2010,we have gone and bought another :yahoo:

We went and had a look at it yesterday and it is a great looking motor,Rav4 XT-3,04 plate,with just 39500miles on the clock,one lady owner,full service history,and it looks and feels just like new.

We have PXd the other Rav which we feel we got a great deal from the Toyota dealer.

We are hoping to pick it up next weekend when the Reg plate has been tranfered,so piccys will follow then,but SWMBO can't wait to get behind the wheel of it again :D

So the first one didn't put you off then??

Wait til they start to breed - our driveway is starting to look like a Toyota dealer's forecourt. Two RAV's & an Aygo; now the better half is talking about a Land Cruiser - again!

Look fwd to the piccies.

So the first one didn't put you off then??

Wait til they start to breed - our driveway is starting to look like a Toyota dealer's forecourt. Two RAV's & an Aygo; now the better half is talking about a Land Cruiser - again!

Look fwd to the piccies.

:D :D

Nah Jim,the boss loves em :eek:

As i have said before i have never seen Mrs P enthuse so much about a car.

I can see her getting her overalls on and doing a service herself :o :D

Pictures Paul ??????..................... :thumbsup:

Hopefully i will be putting some piccys up the weekend Charlie??

Would You like a couple from the cars website put up Mate ??

Would You like a couple from the cars website put up Mate ??

Go on then,if you can't wait :thumbsup:

But i'll still be putting me own on when we get it as those piccys really don't do the car justice,honest guv,and possibly with side steps fitted :D

Thats not the one Charlie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only kidding :D :D

Thank you :thumbsup:

When we went to look at it Saturday it was covered in thick frost and was more white than blue,but they soon had it defosted :lol:

When we went to look at it Saturday it was covered in thick frost and was more white than blue,but they soon had it defosted :lol:

Very nice, Paul. That blue is the best colour. Enjoy!

ATB,

Jim

ATB,

Jim

Cheers Jim :thumbsup:

Mrs P can't wait.Christmas has come early for her :lol:

ATB,

Jim

Two new cars in a year?....you're gonna spoil that woman, Paul!:laughing:

So nice in 4.2 guise.... the newer ones look like people carriers`s to me.... ;)

Yea, we've never much taken to the 4.3, hence why we have two 4.2's. Having said that, the 4.3 SR in that white metallic is tempting (even if some think it's chavvy :lol: )'

Thanks Jedi :thumbsup:

As some of you know our 02 Rav had 4 new Nexen budget tyres fitted,which Mrs P wanted to have swapped over from the old Rav to the new one.

But the new one as got Bridgstone Duelers fitted all round with plenty of life left in em from what i could see of em.

So would we be wise to swap the tyres over do you think.

Are the BDs good in the snow and ice,as we are forecast some heavy snow these parts tonight/tomoorrow morning.

ATB,

Jim

Two new cars in a year?....you're gonna spoil that woman, Paul!:laughing:

Nah shes spoiling herself Jim,she deserves to i guess :thumbsup:

As some of you know our 02 Rav had 4 new Nexen budget tyres fitted,which Mrs P wanted to have swapped over from the old Rav to the new one.

But the new one as got Bridgstone Duelers fitted all round with plenty of life left in em from what i could see of em.

Are the BDs good in the snow and ice,as we are forecast some heavy snow these parts tonight/tomoorrow morning.

We've had Duelers on our 5-dr since new and they've always been fine. The last two severe winters they performed excelllently - no probs at all. Our 3-dr has them as well. I like the look of the Conti Cross Contacts & may fit them next time but only for a change, not because there's anything wrong with the BD's. I must admit to a bias towards Bridgestones as I've used them on my bikes for years as I've always found their balance of performance & wear to be excellent and I used to always go for Bridgestone RE71's on my 323 GT & RS2000 prior to the RAV's.

Unless you're really attached to the Nexens, I'd leave the Duelers on.

We've had Duelers on our 5-dr since new and they've always been fine. The last two severe winters they performed excelllently - no probs at all. Our 3-dr has them as well. I like the look of the Conti Cross Contacts & may fit them next time but only for a change, not because there's anything wrong with the BD's. I must admit to a bias towards Bridgestones as I've used them on my bikes for years as I've always found their balance of performance & wear to be excellent and I used to always go for Bridgestone RE71's on my 323 GT & RS2000 prior to the RAV's.

Unless you're really attached to the Nexens, I'd leave the Duelers on.

Thanks for your reply Jim :thumbsup:

I doubt there is much to choose between them.

Thanks Don.

The dealer did say i bet those are noisey on the road,the Nexens that is,but they are really quiet for a budget tyre we think.

Do you think that the BDs could be the original tyres.The dealer didn't seem to think that they would be??

Thanks Don.

The dealer did say i bet those are noisey on the road,the Nexens that is,but they are really quiet for a budget tyre we think.

Do you think that the BDs could be the original tyres.The dealer didn't seem to think that they would be??

If the car's done 40K miles & the tyres seem to have "plenty of life" in them, it's rather unlikely that they are the originals. In my experience, 40-50K is about the max you'll get out of these tyres.

If it has a full service history, there should be an invoice for new tyres at some point, If not, then it's not a FSH.

Thanks Don.

If the car's done 40K miles & the tyres seem to have "plenty of life" in them, it's rather unlikely that they are the originals. In my experience, 40-50K is about the max you'll get out of these tyres.

If it has a full service history, there should be an invoice for new tyres at some point, If not, then it's not a FSH.

Cheers Jim.

There was some paperwork in a folder but i only glanced through it all so not sure??

They could well be the original spec but like Jim says it seems a tall order to have covered those miles.

I had Nexens on the Soul and I wouldn't have said they were noticeably noisy. I did think the Bridgestones on my first RAV were noisier than the Geolanders on the second.

They could well be the original spec but like Jim says it seems a tall order to have covered those miles.

I had Nexens on the Soul and I wouldn't have said they were noticeably noisy. I did think the Bridgestones on my first RAV were noisier than the Geolanders on the second.

Thanks Don.

What would you do then Don,leave the BDs on or have em swapped for the Nexens??

Well we won't be getting our newtous Rav this weekend :crybaby:

The salesman dealing with us has sent the cherished Number docs away to be done after telling us he would go personally to get it changed over to the local DVLA branch.He says that they have stopped doing it over the counter now.Otherwise we'd have just done it ourselves.

The Silver Rav we have was ready for us to pick up in two days with new tax and the reg transfer,which was why we thought this one would be about the same time??

Still there you go.

Thanks Don.

What would you do then Don,leave the BDs on or have em swapped for the Nexens??

Well we won't be getting our newtous Rav this weekend :crybaby:

The salesman dealing with us has sent the cherished Number docs away to be done after telling us he would go personally to get it changed over to the local DVLA branch.He says that they have stopped doing it over the counter now.Otherwise we'd have just done it ourselves.

The Silver Rav we have was ready for us to pick up in two days with new tax and the reg transfer,which was why we thought this one would be about the same time??

Still there you go.

Shocking implication there, Paul....something a car salesman said would happen within a certain time frame hasn't actually happened...? Golly Gosh, mate...you will end up in court for depreciation of character....!!!! Is that the right expression....?

Big Kev :lol: