Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New-Ish Rav?

Paulus17

They could well be the original spec but like Jim says it seems a tall order to have covered those miles.

I had Nexens on the Soul and I wouldn't have said they were noticeably noisy. I did think the Bridgestones on my first RAV were noisier than the Geolanders on the second.

Thanks Don.

What would you do then Don,leave the BDs on or have em swapped for the Nexens??

Well we won't be getting our newtous Rav this weekend :crybaby:

The salesman dealing with us has sent the cherished Number docs away to be done after telling us he would go personally to get it changed over to the local DVLA branch.He says that they have stopped doing it over the counter now.Otherwise we'd have just done it ourselves.

The Silver Rav we have was ready for us to pick up in two days with new tax and the reg transfer,which was why we thought this one would be about the same time??

Still there you go.

Shocking implication there, Paul....something a car salesman said would happen within a certain time frame hasn't actually happened...? Golly Gosh, mate...you will end up in court for depreciation of character....!!!! Is that the right expression....?

Big Kev :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well it has come as bit of a shock Kevo,as all the independant garages we have dealt with over the last so many years have really gone to that extra mile for us,and me thinking we are dealing with a genuine,boney fido Toyota dealer they would be the same if not better.Ya live and learn i guess :lol:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paulus17

• firemac

• anchorman

• CharlieFarlie

Measure the tread depth then work out if keeping the Bridgestones plus the cost of changing them is worth it. Don't forget driving to the tyre place and any risk of getting the alloys marked.

Measure the tread depth then work out if keeping the Bridgestones plus the cost of changing them is worth it. Don't forget driving to the tyre place and any risk of getting the alloys marked.

Thanks Don.

There is more tread on the Nexens,without doubt,but i thought i'd read somewhere that the budget tyre would wear down more quickly than a more better quality tyre such as the Dueler??

Not really sure enough to comment. Sometimes the budget ones last longest but maybe they give less grip. Nexen are a huge Korean company and I imagine they won't produce rubbish.

Not really sure enough to comment. Sometimes the budget ones last longest but maybe they give less grip. Nexen are a huge Korean company and I imagine they won't produce rubbish.

Cheers Don.

We have seen quite a few Ravs that have had the Nexens fitted,mailnly on the back??

We haven't been on a long run on the motorway since we have had the Rav,but they do sound quiet on the A road trips?

Well it seems that i owe the Toyota dealer and salesman where we bought this Rav from an appology. :blush:

It does seem you have to send the reg transfer docs away to Swansea,as they don't do it over the counter,as we were told when we bought this Rav.It seems we were driving illegally with the cherished reg on till the docs came through :eek:

So we will be pickking the new Rav up tomorrow morning :clap::yahoo:

I suppose we could have picked it up last weekend :o

Well fellow Rav-ers,we went along early this morning to the Toyota dealer,done all the necessary paperwork,handed over the cash, and now the XT-3 is drying out in the our garage :yahoo:

What a day to pick it up on,absoloutely bouncing down of rain and windy,so no piccys of it yet.

But he/she,Mrs P hasn't decided what to call it yet :rolleyes: looks great,and i'd forgot to say that it has the reversing sensors fitted which Mrs P loves.

Also noticed that the bit of plastic that covers the steering wheel adjustment is still in place from new i think??

Just checked out all the MOTs on line and they all seem ok,didn't know you could do that on line :blink:

So as soon as crimbos out the way we will be going on a longish drive and hopefully grab some piccys of it in the dry. :thumbsup:

Well fellow Rav-ers,we went along early this morning to the Toyota dealer,done all the necessary paperwork,handed over the cash, and now the XT-3 is drying out in the our garage :yahoo:

What a day to pick it up on,absoloutely bouncing down of rain and windy,so no piccys of it yet.

But he/she,Mrs P hasn't decided what to call it yet :rolleyes: looks great,and i'd forgot to say that it has the reversing sensors fitted which Mrs P loves.

Also noticed that the bit of plastic that covers the steering wheel adjustment is still in place from new i think??

Just checked out all the MOTs on line and they all seem ok,didn't know you could do that on line :blink:

So as soon as crimbos out the way we will be going on a longish drive and hopefully grab some piccys of it in the dry. :thumbsup:

Nice Chrimbo pressie, Paul.

Wish you many very happy miles in it!! :thumbsup:

Nice Chrimbo pressie, Paul.

Wish you many very happy miles in it!! :thumbsup:

Cheers Jim,we hope so too :thumbsup:

Brilliant Paul . Really pleased for You !Have a great Christmas.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you Charlie and Don :thumbsup:

Looks like piccys will have to wait a while longer now as today as had it,still very busy and tomorrow is the big day.

Been down the garage though first thing this morning to see how she started from cold and it seemed fine.

There is also a brand new Dueler as a spare,never been used so perhaps the duelers were the originals on it.

The two front tyres also look to have more tread than the back ones on closer inspection.Should these be changed over to the back or wouldn't that make much difference??

Also the sunroof and windows open a lot quicker than the previous Rav, :thumbsup: which were a little sluggish and noisey-ish??

Well we finally managed to get out today with the Rav and take some piccys of it :yahoo:

Mrs P said it feels like driving a new car,not that we have ever driven a new car,but i would say it is better than the two year old Zafira we bought.

Steering feels a lot lighter,gears feel better,and the engine seems more responsive compared to the silver Rav we had,Mrs P says.

But i think i did notice a whining sort of noise coming from the rear which seem to go with the speed of the car.

Any ideas what that could be,nothing serious i hope??

So i think we made the right decision in getting this one so soon after getting our first :thumbsup:

So here are a few piccys,hope you like.

bluerav.jpg

bluerav4.jpg

bluerav2.jpg

bluerav5.jpg

bluerav3.jpg

Great registration for a pair of old COJjers, Paul..... :yahoo:

Nom Witheldibus.

Golly that's one shiny motor. Has Ninja Charlie been at it during the night :unsure:

Stunning Paul ! Fabulous colour !! If the whine is bothering You get it back to the dealers without delay and get them to fix it.. :thumbsup:

The whine may well be the tyres.

I had some strange noises in my 3-dr after I bought it. Took it to Mr. T who said, "\Can't find anything mechanically wrong. It may be your tyres, sir. We have known them to make some really unusual noises due to out of roundness, tread wearing at different rates, etc."

Yea, right!, thinks I. But lo & behold, when I got the alloys re-furbed I asked them to re-fit the fronts on the back & vice-versa and remarkably, the noises went away!! Don may be right; try swapping the tyres front to rear - it's a cheap, quick solution and you could be surprised.

Thanks for the comments everyone :thumbsup:

Yep the colour is lovely and the shine remarkable,which is nothing to do with me nor Ninja Charlie :lol:

This was what attracted us to it,especialy when we saw it,as the web piccys they put up really didn't do it justice.

The inside is just as clean and sparkly,with no scratch,mud marks,just like new.Can a seven year old car really look this good??

I can't even see any marks in the paintwork where it's been washed before so full credit to the previous owner.

So how can we keep it looking this good.??

Our other Rav had a sticker on the windscreen which meant it had the full body/interior Toyota care service which was why that looked so good,but this one is way above that one.So what as been done do you think to keep it looking so nice??

The whine i never noticed on the other Rav,but will try changing the wheels over as the front does have less tread than the backs,which look newer.

Kev you will be welcome to the plate when we eventually get our cherished one on :lol::thumbsup:

.........as long as you don't have the same tyres front and rear!

Kev you will be welcome to the plate when we eventually get our cherished one on :lol::thumbsup:

Your old registration number will then belong to DVLA - but you may find goes back on the RAV when you next retain your personal plate...

David

.........as long as you don't have the same tyres front and rear!

:huh: :huh:

How d'ya mean Don?

Your old registration number will then belong to DVLA - but you may find goes back on the RAV when you next retain your personal plate...

David

Thanks for that David :thumbsup:

I was hoping Kev would have bought it off us for several thousand pounds :lol::lol: