Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Stalling

freezer

Hi folks,

My corolla at the moment is stalling when press clutch in. It doesn't stall all the time but the revs fall way down every time. Its going back to the garage tomorrow for third time, first time they changed spark plugs and second time they said nothing was wrong with it. Any ideas?? Its a '99 G6R.

spark plugs??? does it run rough all the time or just stall at idle?could be the crank position sensor had the same problem with an old corsa :thumbsup:

Spark plugs were changed last week.

Running rough all the time, told them about the idle speed control and they think its either that or the throttle body. Starting to wreck my head at this stage!

Had a problem with my old fiesta doing this due to a rubber air hose working a bit loose near the air filter, turns out the jubilee clip has worked loose giving the pipe play.

running rough all the time could be the ht leads or the distributer, idle speed valve is normally just at idle when it constantly searches for the idle. do you have any engine management light on? :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies. No lights on the dash at all and will check air filter box and pipes tomorrow. When its sitting in idle the needle is very up and down. When driving and you go to clutch in and brake the rev needle drops way down and the car cuts out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links