Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Head Up Display - Celica Volunteers Wanted

SpeedView

Hi folks,

I've started a company to sell SpeedView Head up Displays (HUDs). These little gadgets project your speed onto the windscreen so that you can see your speed and see where you’re going at the same time.

I'm looking for two volunteers for each model (gurus) to give it a whirl on each generation of Celica, in exchange for getting it really, really, cheap - £40 for a Head up Display.

Dead handy if you’ve fitted a mario-kart sized steering wheel like I have on my MX5 (sorry), stopping 9 points turning into 12, or to get a speedo that reads spot on even after playing with gearboxes, diffs, or tyres. You know you want one: bling and something to fiddle with on Boxing Day... ;-)

Quick video:

img_8029-1.jpg

img_7314.jpg

Here's the deal:

I have the "normal" instructions here:

http://www.speedview.co/help/download

I would like a "how to" for each vehicle - something like this:

http://www.speedview.co/forum/showthread.php?tid=2

I'll sell you a unit for £60 including post (£10 off RRP), then refund you another £20 when you upload the "how to" to the forum.

You'll need to find three wires. Earth, ignition live, vehicle speed signal (VSS). Earth and ignition live are easy enough. Easiest place to get vehicle speed signal is usually behind the radio (if it adjusts its volume with the speedo) or instrument panel. I don't have the wiring diagram for any Celicas so you'll have to know how to find those - but otherwise installation is pretty straightforward and I'll be available to advise. Even if the speedo is mechanical there's a work-around for that too.

Anybody fancy being first? B)

Drop a reply in here, via PM, or info@speedview.co

I'm looking for volunteers for ALL makes and models. Thought I'd start with the Celica, MR2, Yaris, RAV4, and Corolla - but if you have something else and would like to give it a whirl that's great!

Last but by no means least - many thanks to admin Steve for supporting new businesses; a credit to toyotoaownersclub.com B)

Damn it, i posted but now i cant see to figure out how to delete my post lol

Please ignore me :)

I am in on this but my only concern is that the LED projection has to be extremely bright if it is focused on a black background as that colour absorbs a lot of light.

Please pm me if you are genuine and I will be happy to test and evaluate your product, got to be careful with on-line scammers you know.

What area are you located as I would rather visit you and sort out the monies and set the unit up before I can commit

Evening Phil,

The screen is more like a smoked/tinted mirror, so good for reflections and offers a darker background for improving contrast. The full daylight output of the projection unit is over 5000 nits (an iPhone 4 screen is only 500 nits) so it is a pretty bright affair.

I'm located in Pembrokeshire and the car that the film was shot inside is located in Sheffield, neither of which are particularly close to Kent! Petrol and showrooms are expensive but postage is not, so I offer 30 day returns instead:

Say you buy a unit and I post it out. You power up the unit (12V on the red wire, earth on the black wire) then hold the film against the screen (but don't peel off the sticker/damage it) and have a look at the display. If you're not totally happy I'll send you a prepaid postage label, you can pop it all back in the box, and provided you didn't strip too much of the wire or damage the screen I'll refund in full.

These are undoctored images by the way:

http://www.speedview.co/gallery

I've dropped you a PM too. :thumbsup:

--

Marko@SpeedView