Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Compressor Front Mount Intercooler

waldo87

saw a couple of people have fitted FMIC and wondered if they will actually improve performance or decrease it.

my reason for asking is on turbo cars a FMIC can actually loose power beacause of the extra distance the air has to travel, i know that obviously the air will be cooler but would these not cancel each other out?

saw a couple of people have fitted FMIC and wondered if they will actually improve performance or decrease it.

my reason for asking is on turbo cars a FMIC can actually loose power beacause of the extra distance the air has to travel, i know that obviously the air will be cooler but would these not cancel each other out?

picking the right size is important, but unless its stupidly big most forced induction don't struggle to get the air through

Its a decent mod on the comp, they suffer from massive heat soak

picking the right size is important, but unless its stupidly big most forced induction don't struggle to get the air through

+1

A worth while modification

+1

A worth while modification

+2 Mod was carried out to Chris' car and the heat difference was dramatic. Helps even more if you have some other mods and go for a remap

Do you know what intercooler he used and what was required to make it fit nrgizer?

It is true that you can lose power with an intercooler this is due to the more convoluted route the intake charge has to take. In most cases this can be rectified but is a little more tricky with the compressor. i believe that the task of mounting a fmic on the compressor is not a simple one, there is no bolt on off the shelf kit so you would have to fab up the pipe work and mounts yourself.

I also beleive that people who have carried out this mod have had to decrease the size of the blower pulley in order to increase the boost pressure. This increase is neccesary in order to counter act the effects of longer pipe work.

After this a re map would defo be needed to reap the benefits and also to prevent error codes.

Do you know what intercooler he used and what was required to make it fit nrgizer?

I'm not sure what kit he bought, you would have to ask him.

If you have a normal bumper it is straight forward to fit. if you have a tte, it's a ballache.

Thats what i was thinking about smaller pulley wheel to keep the flow at same rate. Didnt think there were companys that can could do remaps

Thats what i was thinking about smaller pulley wheel to keep the flow at same rate. Didnt think there were companys that can could do remaps

I believe that getting hold of a smaller pulley is difficult. With regards to re maps I'm not sure on the hackability of the standard ECU. I don't know whether a piggy back unit would be suitable but a standalone management system would defo fit the bill however cost then mounts up.