Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Baby

ChrisRuffell

IMAG0306-1.jpg

Had a lancer diesel for a month but missed petrol life. So the dealership let me swap for this!

looks nice man, any plans for it or you going to keep it stock?

whats the spec? engine?

shoulda bought a t sport celica laugh.gif

whats the spec? engine?

It's a 2.0 petrol 141bhp

Not sure about mods yet! Probably some tints..

I don't think lowering it would make it look any nicer.. seriously impressed with it though. It's an ex mobility car, so only 16000 miles on it and has had 3 services... Is like new! I did consider a Celica but it just didnt look as nice imo as the coupe, especially as I thought it was an Aston Martin when I first saw it... Will wait to see what running costs are like , £230 tax kinda hurt me though!

whats the spec? engine?

It's an ex mobility car

Just the type of car you would expect on that scheme......it really does make me wonder at times. Not a dig at you Chris just the system, really nice looking car :thumbsup:

whats the spec? engine?

It's an ex mobility car

Just the type of car you would expect on that scheme......it really does make me wonder at times. Not a dig at you Chris just the system, really nice looking car :thumbsup:

Well I basically fell into it and lost all my dignaty getting out and I'm 20 and reasonably fit.. I said to the guy "so a disabled person was given this... really?!" Wonder what else you can claim !

blimey thats a change.

The lancer and me really didn't get on.. it was the shame of people asking if its an EVO and then explaining no.. its a 4 door family saloon diesel... Starting the train engine in it and pulling away looking shameful

whats the spec? engine?

It's a 2.0 petrol 141bhp

Not sure about mods yet! Probably some tints..

I don't think lowering it would make it look any nicer.. seriously impressed with it though. It's an ex mobility car, so only 16000 miles on it and has had 3 services... Is like new! I did consider a Celica but it just didnt look as nice imo as the coupe, especially as I thought it was an Aston Martin when I first saw it... Will wait to see what running costs are like , £230 tax kinda hurt me though!

ah well, the looks make up for it all laugh.gif

Very nice looking coupe! That number plate would be very popular in Texas, home of LBJ.

whats the spec? engine?

It's an ex mobility car

Just the type of car you would expect on that scheme......it really does make me wonder at times.

Hey, thats my old car, i lost bladder control on a daily basis in it as i couldnt get out due to the low sill's :crybaby:

Dont mock motabbers, we too have a right to a stylish car our friends and family can drive around in....... :angry:

230 tax aint bad i pay 205 on my 1.6 so :) nice looking car!

whats the spec? engine?

It's an ex mobility car

Well I basically fell into it and lost all my dignaty getting out and I'm 20 and reasonably fit.. I said to the guy "so a disabled person was given this... really?!" Wonder what else you can claim !

I believe that theres a guy in Ireland (nothern Ireland i think) that is in a wheelchair - and drives RX 7s, - fully rigged

out with handcontrols with a switch on the gear knob for the clutch.

I have also read in a Ford magazine about two Focus STs being modified for use by drivers with physical disabilities.

While im out of my box - there are also people who drive tractors with pysical disabilities, its also worth noting that the motability scheme as far as i know can also be for a passenger. You can get the standard passenger seat converted to a swivel seat too - and its also worth noting

that someone in a wheelchair is going into the car from a sitting position.

I don't know why im ranting but theres something about "a disabled person was given this" and "just the type of car youd expect on that scheme"

that gets up my nose. Are we saying that disabled drivers should only drive "an abled bodied persons view" of what a disabled person should drive.

Focus STs aren't particularly low admittedly but i mention them to illustrate that not every disabled driver that has a focus just has a 1.6 TDCI with powershift (or whatever Fords simi auto is called). But id consider the RX 7 to be as low if not lower than the Hyundai Coupe

Red diesel

Sorry for giving out folks - i just get irrationally annoyed a bit when i interpret something as meaning - oh such and such a person shouldn't

have such and such a car.

Best of luck with the new car Chris, i have to say the black with the leather red seats suits the car well

Happy Christmas to everybody

Red diesel

My dad had a Gen 3.5 Facelift 2.7L Coupe and it was an epic car! Handled so damn well we couldn't believe. Well worth getting coilovers on that chassis, we had BILSTEIN B16's and Avon Tyres and she was so good.

Such a shame we had to sell her, a highly underrated car.

KP

To lease a car from Motability, you must be receiving either:

Higher Rate Mobility Component (HRMC) of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA) - currently £51.40 per week - or,

War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement (WPMS) - currently £57.40 per week.

If you opt for our lease agreement you do not need to drive. You can nominate up to two drivers who may be friends or relatives, and parents or carers can apply on behalf of a child aged three years and upwards.

The scheme is great for people who need it, the problem is people abuse it, i doubt anyone has any issue with people are on the scheme genuinely.

The vehicles are fully insured and maintained, unfortunately quite a lot of these vehicles are not used by the original applicant, some spotty oike will take will it daily.

If youre on DLA how easy would bending in a Hyundai Couple be if your genuine either getting in the front or back? Difficult i think.

When i sold cars on Motability they were normally Almera Tino's and the odd X-Trail, never a 200SX!

If people want cars that are not fit for purpose they should pay for it from their own pocket.

I didn't mean "they gave this to a disabled person" in an offensive way. It more meant like how was this a good idea considering I don't get in an out of it with dignaty. And if the person needs a wheel chair I doubt it would fit in the boot... Was unaware of being able to be a passenger in it so ill assume it was used for that since its manual and there's no signs of any hand control mods ...

Ps the Hyundai forums are full of grumpy people. I'm staying on the toc! Don't worry I won't post loads of non toyota threads