Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lighting In Aygo?!

MiSh

Thinking about changing the colour of the lights on the aygo ...

1 - the front lights

2- inside ( dashboard & radio)

3- number plate lights

does anyone know what lights these take & how to get to the inside ones?

x

alot of people i know has done it to their cars and they havent been done by the police or failed their mot :s

i was only thinking about putting white lights to the headlights & blue inside.. the blue inside shouldnt matter & the white outside is legal isnt it ?

i was only thinking about putting white lights to the headlights & blue inside.. the blue inside shouldnt matter & the white outside is legal isnt it ?

I tried blue bulbs inside and it looked rubbish. The plastics make up most of the colour rather than the bulb so you get a pukey orangy/blue dull glow. Nasty.

umm why would it be like that i wonder :/ .. great! what about white outside? or even inside for that matter? have you tried that?

IE you cant show any other light than white light to the front of your vehicle etc All the blue tint bulbs etc are not road legal. If you goodle it you will get more info.

http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=61 this may help

Sorry I beg to differ.....

The law does not state you can't show any other colour than white to the front.

According to The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989 PART II Regulation 11(1)

you can't show a red light to the front apart from certain exceptions.

i.e you can show white, blue, yellow, green etc. Just not RED.

For the rear it is the opposite.

No vehicle shall be fitted with a lamp which is capable of showing any light to the rear, other than a red light, apart from listed exceptions such as reversing lamps, number plate lamps, amber warning beacons etc.

i got my lights from Halfords.. white with a tint of blue.. he said there absolutly fine so im not worried about it. Also my side highlights are going to white and thats fine to. not going to change inside lights as its a tricky combination.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links