Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 For Crv

Dale mill

I'm considering swapping my rav 4 T180 for a Honda crv 2.2 cdti what do ya reckon?

I'm considering swapping my rav 4 T180 for a Honda crv 2.2 cdti what do ya reckon?

Head for the bunker,Dale,I suspect heavy incoming :unsure::unsure:

Del

56a520e9-1bce-fbba.jpg

Ha ha ha - a police spokeswoman for Dyfed-Powys said that the Honda 4X4 was on routine enquiries and 'broke down'

More like got stuck :lol:

Seems they got caught playing around while on duty :yahoo:

LINKY

We looked at the latest shape CRV before buying our T180 & didn't like it. personally I preferred the pre 07 shape, that was the biggest thing for us - couldn't decide whether we liked the shape of it or not & opted for the RAV instead.

My mate has one & he loves it - each to their own :-)

Always going to be a personal thing on what makes a good car vs a great car (I loved my Honda HR-V but never really liked the CR-V after the newer bodyshape (around 02/03?) - most people seemed to be the reverse :rolleyes:)

I am sure things have changed a bit, but last time I test drove the CR-V with CVT, I did not like it one bit.

I have no doubt the CR-V is a good car, but must admit I don't like the looks of it and that would stop me personally even trying one. I wish they would bring in the Element into the UK, now THAT is ugly but in a great way :yahoo:

When the RAV4.3 first came out it really didn't float my boat looks wise but then the first update to the front made it look better, and the post May 2010 version is spot on (IMO), and I think some people here think the reverse, but nowt wrong to have differences of opinions.

There seems to be 3 things about the T180 which are a downer from posts I've read - the Run-Flats, the Oil Consumption(?) and the Economy, all of which have been addressed in the latest RAV4s, so maybe an update to a new RAV?

Dave before you consider a CRV please go on the UK CRV Forum, and read up on the problems they have with them.I am sure you will change your mind!!!!!!

Regards Clare

I looked at the Hondas last year but bought a Rav so I suppose I'm biased, but I think I've bought the most economic and capable car in it's class.

I have no regrets at all (especially after last years snow- where the Rav performed impeccably) and it's a joy to drive.

Re Clare's comment- the same could be said of any car, if you look on here you'd be put off Ravs, because you only see the problems!!

Dave

I looked at the Hondas last year but bought a Rav so I suppose I'm biased, but I think I've bought the most economic and capable car in it's class.

I have no regrets at all (especially after last years snow- where the Rav performed impeccably) and it's a joy to drive.

Re Clare's comment- the same could be said of any car, if you look on here you'd be put off Ravs, because you only see the problems!!

Dave

Point taken re mainly negativity on Forums, Dave, but here's one for Dale to consider.....is Honda bending over backwards to replace faulty gearboxes/problems in the same way that Toyota have done / are doing on the engine swaps....? And look what car Dale's got.....could be in line for a shiny new engine? I would stick with The Devil You Know, Dale Boy.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

My mate urra kev has got one.

If I walk round it I can live with the looks with the exception of that rear quarter window that goes from square to round - it seems to belong somewhere else. I don't like the plasitc sill covers although they might be quite practical.

Having said that, once inside it is a different thing all together. The floor is flat and you can just slide form the drivers side to the passenger side. The dash is very well laid out and has typically Honda very chunky stalks and switches. ALL of the switches are illuminated in a subtle blue/white and occasional red accent - very nice (even my half price Kia Soul had that). Its quiet, well equiped and comfortable. It has a spacesaver wheel stowed in a nice magazine that allows you to slide it out even with the boot loaded.

On the down side, it is adorned in stickers warning you of high oil consumption. The dealer was obsessed with oil consumption when he bought it so maybe early engines were wrecked by loss of oil. As it happens, it doesn't use any so maybe they addressed it quick. It had a transmission noise problem that they said was something to do with the rear axle that was fixed under warranty. It uses a Haldex rear axle which I doubt is as good as the RAV 4WD system.

Other than that, it seems a decent motor but like our kev says, I don't know if they would be so forthcoming in the event of a policy warranty claim.

If you like uts, I'd say go for it. I'm sure if you go on a Honda forum you will find countless threads ripping the Rav to shreds.

We were all set to buy a brand new CRV earlier this year as we can get them VAT free. Bought the Rav instead as the deal was too good to be true.

As it happens, I love our Rav and am glad we opted for it over the CRV. I still like them though.

According to Warranty Direct, the CRV is the third most reliable SUV available (the HRV is first & the Grand Vitara is second); sadly the RAV doesn't get into the top ten but rather unbelievably, the Freelander comes in at no.7!

Of course cars aren't bought solely on reliability but I must admit that Toyota's reputation for same was a consideration for us when we bought our first one some 11 years ago. If Im honest, I'm not overly taken with the CRV's looks but then again I reckon the 4.3 RAV doesn't look anything like as good as the 4.2 - the main reason why we keep our eye out for good 4.2's rather than buy a 4.3.

To each his own however.

According to Warranty Direct, the CRV is the third most reliable SUV available (the HRV is first & the Grand Vitara is second); sadly the RAV doesn't get into the top ten but rather unbelievably, the Freelander comes in at no.7!

Of course cars aren't bought solely on reliability but I must admit that Toyota's reputation for same was a consideration for us when we bought our first one some 11 years ago. If Im honest, I'm not overly taken with the CRV's looks but then again I reckon the 4.3 RAV doesn't look anything like as good as the 4.2 - the main reason why we keep our eye out for good 4.2's rather than buy a 4.3.

To each his own however.

Of the cars I have owned, the HR-V is the one that has cost me (as opposed to dealer paying) the most in repairs oddly - having a cracked exhaust manifold was, I was told unheard of, apart from mine obviously!, and then being told a new manifold was £300+ AND I may have to pay for other bits they may break while fixing that was the last straw and put me off Hondas.

I was with you on 4.2 v 4.3, but I love the latest 4.3 (but has to have the nudge bar IMO to beat the 4.2)

To each his own however.

Of the cars I have owned, the HR-V is the one that has cost me (as opposed to dealer paying) the most in repairs oddly - having a cracked exhaust manifold was, I was told unheard of, apart from mine obviously!, and then being told a new manifold was £300+ AND I may have to pay for other bits they may break while fixing that was the last straw and put me off Hondas.

I was with you on 4.2 v 4.3, but I love the latest 4.3 (but has to have the nudge bar IMO to beat the 4.2)

I owned more Fords than I care to admit but my RS2000 was so unreliable it broke my heart (& nearly my bank account!) so much so that I've never considered a Ford since. The sad thing was that from a performance/handling standpoint, it was brilliant. Nevertheless, according to just about every report & test that I've seen in the past 5 years or so, Ford's products are just as good as any & in some opinions, better than most. But I still won't ever have another.

My point is that everyone has their own experiences which impact their subsequent decisions. Companies like WD & JD Power, etc. only deal in hard facts from their commercial operations & they are producing that info from a much greater sample of cars than any individual can hope to experience.

I agree with Anchorman, they are very nice inside but I too disliked the rear quater window and even after looking at a few with 19" wheels on them - which does change the appearance of the vehicle, I could not convince myself I liked it enough to buy one, plus the wife didn't like it and she would have had the car 95% of the time.

Disappointing really as I am a huge Honda fan to the extent that I have had Honda cars for 12 years, have a Honda CBR 600 and even have a Honda lawnmower purely and simply because they very rarely go wrong. If the CRV had looked better then I probably would not be posting on here :P .

Having said that both the wife and I love our T180 and wouldn't swap it for any thing now given our recent experience of fantastic customer service & support that we have had from Toyota since owning the vehicle and the knowledge/comfort of knowing that should any thing go wrong in the next 2 & a bit years (the remainder of our extended warranty) then it should hopefully be a case of drop it in to Mr T and they fix it.

Surely a car has to break down first for the owner to claim on the warranty... :lol:

Dave

Point taken re mainly negativity on Forums, Dave, but here's one for Dale to consider.....is Honda bending over backwards to replace faulty gearboxes/problems in the same way that Toyota have done / are doing on the engine swaps....? And look what car Dale's got.....could be in line for a shiny new engine? I would stick with The Devil You Know, Dale Boy.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Never answered my own post before...weird...but in addendum, I recently took a friend's petrol CRV to have the radio code reset on the other side of Glasgow (30 mins each way). I was very impressed with it indeed and would certainly weigh up my options if there was a newish one available (if I was in the market....)

Kev Clarkson :thumbsup:

From what i can remember the main bone of contention with the 2007 onwards till facelift of 2009 was the gearbox (especially 1st to 2nd) and the hard plastics used in the cabin area.

Regards Clare

The three people I know who have a CRV seem very pleased indeed with it. Apparently the petrol felt rather underpowered and the diesel is much better for overtaking etc.

Personally I think the RAV is a much better looking car and will stick with RAVs.

David