Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Haolebuilt Ii Build Thread

surfcitylocal

I'll be posting pics of the build process of my 2012 Scion iQ in this thread.

If you have any questions about the parts, installation or companies involved please don't hesitate to ask.

Tanabe USA had the iQ for two days to measure for a front strut tower bar, frame brace and exhaust. While the iQ was there they installed a set of Tanabe NF210 lowering springs. These are not as aggressive of a drop as the DF210 springs but they wanted to try the fitment and road test on these first. We will try the lower drop DF210's next.

Many thanks to James, Dahn and the R&D team from Japan for all the work.

IMG_3401.JPG

IMG_3402.JPG

IMG_3404.JPG

IMG_3405.JPG

IMG_3407.JPG

Cant wait to see the progress. Do you want to fly me over to make your dash the colour of your choice?

David

Doesn,t look like thet get alloys as standard on the Scion. This is similar to the Scion Xd that doesn,t come with alloys either.

Regards Clare

I am looking forward to see this thread develop thumbsup.gif

Good luck with it cool.gif

@David, love to have you over!

@Clare, you are correct. Scion doesn't sell their cars with alloy rims stock, they are always an option. Usually they are a bit overpriced and only offer a choice of one or two wheels.

I'm going the Five Axis route.

I'll be posting pics of the build process of my 2012 Scion iQ in this thread.

If you have any questions about the parts, installation or companies involved please don't hesitate to ask.

Tanabe USA had the iQ for two days to measure for a front strut tower bar, frame brace and exhaust. While the iQ was there they installed a set of Tanabe NF210 lowering springs. These are not as aggressive of a drop as the DF210 springs but they wanted to try the fitment and road test on these first. We will try the lower drop DF210's next.

Many thanks to James, Dahn and the R&D team from Japan for all the work.

IMG_3401.JPG

IMG_3402.JPG

IMG_3404.JPG

IMG_3405.JPG

IMG_3407.JPG

Hey surfcity..do you possibly have any more pics/close ups of the spoiler?

Jordan

Jordan, if you check eBay you'll find them on there. It appears that Japan and the US market is getting the larger spoiler (gap between body and wing).

Fish

Jordan, if you check ebay you'll find them on there. It appears that Japan and the US market is getting the larger spoiler (gap between body and wing).

Fish

Yeah I've found that one here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310365940570?redirect=mobile too bad it doesn't come in red..what's people's opinion on black spoiler on red car? Bearing in mind I have gloss black roof and cf wing mirrors.

J

Should be ok IMO. Just remember that I doubt you'd be happy with the paint it comes with anyway, usually they arrive in primer for you to paint.

Fish

Should be ok IMO. Just remember that I doubt you'd be happy with the paint it comes with anyway, usually they arrive in primer for you to paint.

Fish

Thanks! Yeah..but rther it be painted than fork out extra money to get it done for you though haha

Jordan

Jordan, here's a link to the US IQ forums, with a thread about the wing.

Fish

Oh thanks! Actually I've bookmarked that forum. I followed the HID installation on that, much easier than the 'remove the bumper' job described on this one!

J

I took the iQ to ClearPro in Murrietta today and had the clear bra installed. There are no patterns available yet so Lance and Kenny did the whole job freehand. The entire hood is covered and you would be hard pressed to find a seam anywhere on the installation.

DSCN0071.JPG

Measuring out the film.

DSCN0082.JPG

Laying on the hood.

DSCN0083.JPG

DSCN0088.JPG

These guys are master installers. The did an awesome job. The problem with their work is you can't see it!

DSCN0090.JPG

DSCN0092.JPG

Many thanks to Lance and Kenny at ClearPro for the professional installation of the clear bra!

DSCN0094.JPG

I also had an extra 15 minutes this afternoon so I installed my Shark Fin antenna from Beat-Sonic.

Much better looking than the stock one...

DSCN0095.JPG

DSCN0099.JPG

DSCN0100.JPG

DSCN0105.JPG

DSCN0111.JPG

DSCN0113.JPG

Looks much better than stock IMO.

DSCN0115.JPG

I've got more goodies coming from Beat-Sonic. Check out there website for cool toys for your iQ.

Interesting thread! Jealous of the Tanabe R&D parts! Ive stopped with modifying my IQ as I would rather put the money towards my first house deposit but will be watching this thread! :)

WOW... respect... nice work man..

Oeps... and for a moment I thought you had new alloys.... not... :crybaby:

WOW... respect... nice work man..

Oeps... and for a moment I thought you had new alloys.... not... :crybaby:

LOL Those are the intended wheel covers that were not at the dealership when I picked up the iQ. The wheel decision will be finalized next week. FIVE:AD is the front runner currently.

Took the iQ down to San Diego today for measurements at MGP Caliper Covers. They produce covers that emulate a big brake kit. They used my xB as the R&D fitment vehicle and now have chosen to use my iQ.

They do awesome work as you can see here: MGP Caliper Covers

Getting the iQ prepped for fitment...

DSCN0116.JPG

DSCN0118.JPG

Oscar getting in deep on the measurements...

DSCN0124.JPG

Even at 6' 4" MGP owner Mike Barland has some headroom left over...

DSCN0128.JPG

DSCN0129.JPG

Should be about two weeks production time and then I'll travel back down to San Diego to have the covers fitted. MGP will be shooting a video of the installation process while I'm there. I'll post up pics of the finished product when they are ready.

Here is what the covers looked like on my 2006 Scion xB...

IMG_2151.JPG

Naaaice... they look like the Gold trims that SallyiQ had...

Very nice indeed..

Peter

Naaaice... they look like the Gold trims that SallyiQ had...

Very nice indeed..

Peter

Thank you. The wheels were XXR 521's. I had the first set when they were released and showed them at Toyotafest last May. They would look great on an iQ but I'm going with 18's.

The mailman came today bearing gifts from abroad! I received my iQ side mirror lights. I'm hoping they will fit the Scion, they look very close doing the "hold next to" test. I'll be installing them this weekend and posting up pics. They will add the "welcome lights" to the mirrors.

IMG_3475.JPG

IMG_3476.JPG

IMG_3477.JPG

Fitting them next week! Don't you know we cant wait that long. :rolleyes: ;)

Fish

I bought some side mirror lights from eBay for $116.00 plus shipping and I finally got a chance to install them today. It turned out to be a bigger job than I thought it would. The lights have three components, turn signal, running lights and welcome lights. The function of the turn signal and running lights are obvious, the welcome lights come on when the doors are unlocked and fade off once the key is turned to the on position or the doors are locked again.

They were sold under the Toyota iQ listings so I wasn't sure they would fit exactly but they did.

If you are interested in buying a pair you can find them here eBay The shipping was rather fast and well packaged.

For the price I'm extremely pleased with the results.

Here are some pictures...

The welcome lights...

DSCN0486.JPG

The welcome lights and turn signal...

DSCN0487.JPG

The running lights...

DSCN0491.JPG

Headlights, running lights, welcome lights and fog lights...

DSCN0492.JPG

Close up pictures...

DSCN0493.JPG

DSCN0494.JPG

DSCN0495.JPG

After the mirrors were finished it was time for the first wash and wax of the iQ. Sure doesn't take long to do, another benefit of such a small car.

DSCN0485.JPG

DSCN0484.JPG

I went and picked up my body kit and wheels from Five:AD today. The kit is beautiful! Poly material so I won't have to worry about fiberglass cracks. They have thought of everything. There is even a set of directions for the painters included. The installation will be straightforward and simple due to the perfect fitment of the kit.

I picked up the six spoke R6:F wheels. The size is 18X7.5 with a +45 offset.

The body kit will take a few weeks to paint, I'll post up pics when I finish installing it.

A few photos...

At the Five:AD shop with Young Tea who works there and my buddy Wes...

DSCN0601.JPG

New wheels...

DSCN0602.JPG

Dropping off my kit at Imperial Body Shop in La Mirada...

DSCN0607.JPG

The body kit and a few extra parts to be painted...

DSCN0608.JPG

Eric and Daichi from Beat-Sonic, my buddies Wes and Rodney...

DSCN0610.JPG

The R6:F wheels from Five:AD...

DSCN0613.JPG

DSCN0615.JPG

I'll stash them in my garage for a few weeks while the kit is painted...

DSCN0617.JPG