Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Haolebuilt Ii Build Thread

surfcitylocal

Nice article Taz :)

The Hot Lava iQ had Ultra Wheels on it. They do resemble Rota's.

Hey Taz, will you be attending any shows in late October? I'm visiting the area, and thought what better way to spend an afternoon/evening. ;)

Fish

I'll be at a show in Laughlin Nevada late in October, not that close to So Cal, about a four hour drive. Most of the local shows will be done for the season and everyone will be preparing for the S.E.M.A. show in Las Vegas. Let me know when you are in So Cal, I would love to meet the Legend in person.

Ah the legend you seek would be the one known as Tarquin (aka David), he is the man you need to speak with.

• 4 months later...

A little teaser, these will be refinished and mounted in the next few weeks...

20140203_172008_zpsf0878650.jpg

• 1 month later...

I installed sequential LED turn signal lights in my side mirrors today.

Installation is a breeze and I was done in about an hour.

The LED's are mounted behind the side mirror glass and blink with the turn signal.

Here is a video of the LED's in action...

• 1 month later...
Update to the HAOLEBUILT II build.

Here are some pictures of the new style for HAOLEBUILT II, it's "Micro VIP" style.

88IMGP1450_zpsb05ea4f2.jpg

IMGP1447_zpsccffb5c0.jpg

Addition of SSR Vienna Dish 2 wheels...

IMGP1430_zps73c88262.jpg

D.A.D. VIP curtains...

IMGP1627_zpscf5e2a94.jpg

IMGP1654_zps23fc0c0f.jpg

Chrome front grill accents...

IMGP1687_zps58fd136d.jpg

Chrome rear hatch accent...

IMGP1704_zpsa0a47059.jpg

Orataro VIP custom table for audio system...

IMGP1404_zps61c198d0.jpg

300mm VIP rear view mirror...

IMGP1405_zpsf468f34f.jpg

Chrome inside door handles...

IMGP1628_zps00fc47e4.jpg

Chrome outer door handles...

IMGP1638_zpsd0400e4f.jpg

Chrome Scion door sills...

IMGP1649_zpsc70cf1b3.jpg

Orange side reflectors removed from headlights...

IMGP1684_zpsca067dfd.jpg

IMGP1687_zps58fd136d.jpg

Red rear reflectors replaced with clear. LED's for brake lights (red) and reverse (white)...

IMGP1702_zps30b381b7.jpg

IMGP1704_zpsa0a47059.jpg

IMGP1707_zps317192a7.jpg

IMGP1709_zpse65d663b.jpg

Chrome AC vent accents and Micro VIP tables...

IMGP1629_zpsb8409f12.jpg

IMGP1630_zps3ef0d115.jpg

IMGP1633_zps7827f837.jpg

IMGP1666_zps7e58877f.jpg

IMGP1669_zps0bc9840a.jpg

IMGP1666_zps7e58877f.jpg
  • Like 2

Some nice little touches there Taz, loving the chrome. Wheels look good, what we're they off originally?

• Like 1

Hi Taz

I have the same rear powered reflectors. How did you separate the housing without destroying it to fit the white Led's or are they different one's to the one's you had earlier? For some reason i can't open up your pictures up larger

David

Some nice little touches there Taz, loving the chrome. Wheels look good, what we're they off originally?

They have been on quite a few cars over the years, I bought them from a guy who was using them on a Scion xD. They have three bolt patterns, 4X100, 5X100 and 5X112. Production stopped on these wheels back in 2006.

Hi Taz

I have the same rear powered reflectors. How did you separate the housing without destroying it to fit the white Led's or are they different one's to the one's you had earlier? For some reason i can't open up your pictures up larger

David

These are new ones David. I replaced the red factory with the lighted red and then replaced those with the clear.

Here is a link to the eBay page where I bought them... http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Rear-Bumper-Reflector-Light-Lamp-Set-for-Scion-xB-iQ-Toyota-Sienna-Corolla-/251333595506?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AToyota%7CModel%3ASienna&hash=item3a84a65172&vxp=mtr

Cheers Taz. I haven't fitted the red ones yet so may go straight to the clear ones

David

• Like 1

Taz, I'm not sure I would like to eat that liquorice you have attached to your new wheels, what with all the grit and all... We wondered, at least I did, what was next. Do you think your car weighs much more than it did when stock? Very good, although I'm also not so sure about the little silver trays for your drink and cigarette packet. Now if you had NERDS or Tic-Tacs... :nerd: :lol2: The next instalment will be something like this below, and starring in the next Michael Bay movie.

:robot:

Taz, I am wondering what you will be getting up to in the dark laybys with the curtains drawn :blushing: :jawdrop: :naughty:

• Like 1

Taz, I'm not sure I would like to eat that liquorice you have attached to your new wheels, what with all the grit and all... We wondered, at least I did, what was next. Do you think your car weighs much more than it did when stock? Very good, although I'm also not so sure about the little silver trays for your drink and cigarette packet. Now if you had NERDS or Tic-Tacs... :nerd: :lol2: The next instalment will be something like this below, and starring in the next Michael Bay movie.

There will be some changes coming before the iQ is displayed again at the SEMA show in Las Vegas later this year....

• Like 1

Taz, I am wondering what you will be getting up to in the dark laybys with the curtains drawn :blushing: :jawdrop: :naughty:

LOL No pics of that to be sure. =)

• Like 1

Sorry... but no more iQ... it's out of production? Anyway not more here in Europe... damn... :-(;

There will be some changes coming before the iQ is displayed again at the SEMA show in Las Vegas later this year....

That's a real biggie isn't it? SEMA has all the big stars and so on. What's that saying? You-go-boy! On another note, I have a friend down in Kent who has named a place -I typically cannot recall- Bas-Vegas, or to you Taz, Baz-Vegas. Just saying.

That's a real biggie isn't it? SEMA has all the big stars and so on. What's that saying? You-go-boy! On another note, I have a friend down in Kent who has named a place -I typically cannot recall- Bas-Vegas, or to you Taz, Baz-Vegas. Just saying.

SEMA is the show to be seen at in the car modding industry. My iQ was there in 2012...

DSCN2272.jpg

• Like 1

Love the chrome door handles, are they covers or new handles?

As much as I do like them though I fear they may be missing the touch pad bit we have to lock the doors.

Craig.

• Like 1

Love the chrome door handles, are they covers or new handles?

As much as I do like them though I fear they may be missing the touch pad bit we have to lock the doors.

Craig.

These are covers Craig. They are actually intended for the Toyota Venza. The set comes with four covers, the front two have the slots for the touch pads. The seller asks whether there are two or three slots when the order is placed. I used the two rear handle covers which don't have the slots for my iQ. My friend is using the other two with the slots on his iQ even though we don't have the touch pads.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2013-Toyota-Sienna-Chrome-Plated-Door-Handle-Covers-Trims-With-Smartkey-New-/111322971174?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AVenza&hash=item19eb5dbc26&vxp=mtr

• Like 3