Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Haolebuilt Ii Build Thread

surfcitylocal

A few photos of the iQ at HIN (Hot Import Nights) Car show in Pomona, CA.

431744_176534219130181_114992835284320_275571_1728785831_n.jpg

DSCN1252.jpg

DSCN1255.jpg

"Big Abe" making my iQ look even smaller...

DSCN1398.jpg

She's a Police Officer...

DSCN1370.jpg

Getting a friendly hand shake from "Big Abe"...

DSCN1367.jpg

Wasn't it nice of these models to color coordinate with my iQ? I thought so...

DSCN1372.jpg

Wish the hood on the iQ was big enough for this shot...

DSCN1399.jpg

Ok Taz I'm in Love. I NEED!!! to go to one of these shows.

David

I know David. All those hot cars...at least that's what I tell my wife. =)

There is a game show, I think its on ABN/CBN where they have lots of those girls dancing with one guy on a mic.and contestants are taken from the audience, all seemed shocked and all the time through the show the girls are dancing. like dancing jingles. Anyway at the end the contestant win really weird prizes like a heavily decorated Manila or Philippine taxi.

The point being, the girls are amazing!!!!

David

I attended the FWY Series Charity Fundraiser and Car Show today in Anaheim CA. We were raising money for breast cancer research and just having a good time despite the rain. Here are a few pics from the show...

Started off the day at Island Motor Sports, picking up some vinyl for the show.

422024_10150693608612505_648382504_9236259_791987373_n.jpg

Representing one of my sponsors, Air-Runner Inc.

DSCN1422.jpg

Some of the models making my iQ look better.

DSCN1414.jpg

Members of my car club FUSCION displaying the trophies we won from the show...

424811_10150694184972505_648382504_9239437_1111693971_n.jpg

Best iQ trophy. (only iQ as well)

DSCN1436.jpg

DSCN1437.jpg

Even with the rain we had a great turn out and raised some money for breast cancer research.

Many thanks to 742 Marketing, Team Revo, Miller Scion of Anaheim, Air-Runner Inc and all the other car clubs and sponsors.

Good work....

We don't get too many wet days Fish but this one was of them.

are the headlights h11 as well? i know thefogs are h11 but wasnt able to find info on the headlights.

On the Scion iQ both the head lights and the fog lights are H11.

Taz. Your post number 117, posted on 25th February 2012, with the close-ups of your DRL's, your 4 pics, they look really good, but I can see what you mean about putting them a little further back, out of sight until they are on. I like that idea.

David, what would you say about the idea of those lights you got being used to light up the rear interior? Imagine them like a line running around the shape of the opening tailgate area, like the rubber seal does. If the top area was made to face down and then in, it shouldn't be too much of a problem -like I'm the vehicle elcetrics technician- when getting in the car; being blinded by the light in the rear view mirror I mean. They could be connected to the 'door open' switch so they come on when the tailgate is opened. What do you think? Maybe a less bright set of lighting perhaps?

Taz. Your post number 117, posted on 25th February 2012, with the close-ups of your DRL's, your 4 pics, they look really good, but I can see what you mean about putting them a little further back, out of sight until they are on. I like that idea.

Dave, what would you say about the idea of those lights you got being used to light up the rear interior? Imagine them like a line running around the shape of the opening tailgate area, like the rubber seal does. If the top area was made to face down and then in, it shouldn't be too much of a problem -like I'm the vehicle elcetrics technician- when getting in the car; being blinded by the light in the rear view mirror I mean. They could be connected to the 'door open' switch so they come on when the tailgate is opened. What do you think? Maybe a less bright set of lighting perhaps?

i know exactly what you mean, this is what we did on our subarus:

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-interior/215140-trunk-led-light-solution-gr-hatch-diy.html

Nice pictures Jonathan, Yes Bob anything is possible, If you want them on the plastic cover, covering the rear wash motor. The wiring can go through the joining bellows where the existing cables go . Trouble with that is most of the lighting would be behind the rear seats assuming you had them up.Describe exactly the route you would like

David

Dave, what would you say about the idea of those lights you got being used to light up the rear interior? Imagine them like a line running around the shape of the opening tailgate area, like the rubber seal does. If the top area was made to face down and then in, it shouldn't be too much of a problem -like I'm the vehicle elcetrics technician- when getting in the car; being blinded by the light in the rear view mirror I mean. They could be connected to the 'door open' switch so they come on when the tailgate is opened. What do you think? Maybe a less bright set of lighting perhaps?

i know exactly what you mean, this is what we did on our subarus:

http://www.iwsti.com...-hatch-diy.html

Very nice Johnathan and very similar to what I had in mind for the iQ. Great idea I had. ;)

David, I was orginally thinking about lights all around the inside of the tailgate area. However, having seen the amount of light available from these lights, less would be enough. We have the back seats down mostly, like 99% of the time. I would only want them above, as in the Scooby pics from Johnathan. I don't really want to drill through plastic, but, if it would look better, neater, I'd do it. My problem however is that I don't have the confidence to do this stuff like I used to. Then there is connecting it to wires, switches... ooooher!

I need to take another look at the inside and make up my mind on where I want them to go. Will deliver the verdict tomorrow. Got the PM by the way and thanks for that.

Okay, I looked at the area in the boot earlier and took some photo's. After our discussion on the phone I can see the gap you are talking about below the speaker surround. I have also included pics showing where I thought the light strip could go, and they wouldn't be as discrete stuck on the plastic in that position. Still, if they were put as close as possible to the rubber seal, they wouldn't look as obvious... but then still not discreet there are they? And there is the wiring to consider too, out of sight is better.

post-113536-0-24431600-1332334261_thumb.

post-113536-0-94357400-1332334397_thumb.

post-113536-0-71091400-1332334413_thumb.

The iQ is once again a four seater! I had Air-Runner Inc move the tank and compressor under the iQ so I could put the rear seat back into place.

DSCN1458.jpg

The system is just barely visible from behind. This is at my normal ride height.

DSCN1459.jpg

This is with the system aired out all the way, just enough clearance. The iQ won't move when it's dropped all the way so I don't have to worry about speed bumps.

DSCN1461.jpg

DSCN1462.jpg

The tank and compressor under the iQ.

DSCN1465.jpg

DSCN1464.jpg

DSCN1463.jpg

Now that the rear seat is in place it's time to start on the interior transformation.

Oooher! That does look a bit close to the ground there Taz. Will you be getting something fitted ahead of it to stop any debris hitting the gubbins they put under there? I'd be worried that something might pierce the air tank or take out that compressor. But then, I do worry. :eek:

I appreciate the concern Bob. It would have to be something really big and really sharp to pierce that tank. It's steel rather than aluminum. I think if this was a daily driver I would have gone a different route for sure.

I had a chance to get a few more things done on the iQ today.

I went over to Beat-Sonic USA and picked up a front camera module to try out. I'll install that in the next few weeks. While I was there Eric also gave me a smaller shark fin antenna to try on the iQ. The original one I installed looked good with the Scion rear wing but was a little big for the FIVE:AD body kit wing. Here are some pictures for comparison...

DSCN1490.jpg

DSCN1491.jpg

DSCN1493.jpg

DSCN1495.jpg

The new smaller antenna installed...

DSCN1496.jpg

DSCN1497.jpg

DSCN1498.jpg

DSCN1500.jpg

DSCN1501.jpg

I think it's a much better fit.

I made a trip over to O-NEX and picked up some HID reverse lights. They were simple to install and really light up the area behind the iQ. With the dark tint on my back windows the extra light really helps out the visibility. They are only 15 watts so they light up immediately unlike the higher wattage HID headlight bulbs.

DSCN1477.jpg

DSCN1478.jpg

The set comes with a variety of connectors to fit different type bulb sockets making the kit truly "plug and play".

DSCN1479.jpg

The reverse light bulbs are easy to reach and there is plenty of room in the cubby for the ballast and wiring.

DSCN1480.jpg

DSCN1485.jpg

DSCN1486.jpg

The output is amazing for only being a 15 watt bulb.

DSCN1488.jpg

My garage illuminated by the reverse lights...

DSCN1533.jpg

DSCN1534.jpg

DSCN1535.jpg

www.onex.com

WoW they are bright. I was toying with the idea of changing the right hand cluster to the same as yours so it has 2 reversing lights. Not sure. My guess the police wontl worry as it will only be obvious when on and yet again will be a genuine part. Nothing odd about. I reckon you must really cran your neck to see where your going wit all those stickers. Lol

David

But in the UK a rear fog light is a requirement. Well, MOT requirement anyway.

What you need is a right hand light unit with 2 bulbs, a clear one for reverse and a red LED type for fog light use.

I like the brighter reverse lights though, Have to admit the iQ reverse bulb is a bit dim.

Craig.

Correct me if I'm wrong Taz but, Do you have your original wheels back on the car?

Craig.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links