Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Haolebuilt Ii Build Thread

surfcitylocal

Came home to some new goodies from one of my sponsors, Varad International. Lots and lots of LED lighting products. I will be installing them on Sunday.

DSCN2857.jpg

DSCN2859.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The underbody and suspension lighting is all in place and wired up. I'll have the body parts, wheels and interior back on tomorrow for some finished shots.

Wiring under the driver seat...

DSCN2899.jpg

DSCN2901.jpg

Rear suspension lighting...

DSCN2902.jpg

DSCN2904.jpg

Front suspension lighting...

DSCN2910.jpg

DSCN2913.jpg

Underbody light bars...

DSCN2907.jpg

DSCN2908.jpg

DSCN2909.jpg

DSCN2916.jpg

DSCN2917.jpg

DSCN2921.jpg

DSCN2926.jpg

Wow, you're not going to loose that now are you?

I wonder if you could rig it so when you remote lock/unlock, it'll flash instead of the indicator. Truly awesome modding so far TAZ.

WOW, worlds first VTOL iQ :hokus-pokus: :toast:

Looking Awesome

I displayed the iQ at the Hot Import Nights show at the Los Angeles Convention center over the weekend. Had a blast at the show and won 5th Place 2 Door Mild. First time to be able to show off the new lighting from Varad.

DSCN2964.jpg

DSCN2947.jpg

DSCN2946.jpg

DSCN2943.jpg

DSCN2942.jpg

DSCN2939.jpg

DSCN2968.jpg

DSCN2969.jpg

I have a question I hope you can answer Taz...

I'm about to purchase DRL's like yours but is it a simple case of wiring positive & negative into the correct terminals on the Battery? I want them to turn on with ignition but to switch off when sidelights and headlights are in operation. I believe that's the law over here in the UK so howwould I go around this? I'm no expert on this particular area. I'm guessing when I order the DRL's that someone posted earlier in this thread on e bay, it will come just with the wire and nothing else? (Apart from the actual DRL's)

Hope you can help - sorry for going on and on!

I have a question I hope you can answer Taz... I'm about to purchase DRL's like yours but is it a simple case of wiring positive & negative into the correct terminals on the battery? I want them to turn on with ignition but to switch off when sidelights and headlights are in operation. I believe that's the law over here in the UK so howwould I go around this? I'm no expert on this particular area. I'm guessing when I order the DRL's that someone posted earlier in this thread on e bay, it will come just with the wire and nothing else? (Apart from the actual DRL's) Hope you can help - sorry for going on and on!

A simple switch located in the driver area will allow you to control when the lights are on or off. The LED's will have two wires as you suspected, pos and neg. A simple operation to install them. Actually your most difficult part will be fishing the wire through the firewall. There is a black rubber boot that has wire looms passing through from the engine compartment to the cabin, you can enlarge that hole a little and pass your wires through there. Hope that helps and good luck with your install. I'll be looking forward to pictures.

Good stuff thank you for that information. Planning on putting them on the bottom lip of the headlight as they look much better situated there I think. Will need to get a wiring diagram online but a switch is a good shout :)

I have an automatic switch that connects under the bonnet and provides automatic switching of DRL's. Looks pretty easy to fit but I haven't tried it yet.

One cable to the Battery negative or an earth point on the body, One connection to the Battery positive and one connection to the sidelight bulb cable.

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_1966wt_1303

Craig.

I have an automatic switch that connects under the bonnet and provides automatic switching of DRL's. Looks pretty easy to fit but I haven't tried it yet.

One cable to the battery negative or an earth point on the body, One connection to the battery positive and one connection to the sidelight bulb cable.

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_1966wt_1303

Craig.

Thanks Craig. I considered a switch but how would I wire it out the box for ease? There's 2 wires and all I want is for them to automatically switch off when the main headlights come on as per law. Looking forward to receiving them and will post pics once fitted as Taz mentioned :)

Your DRL's will have 2 cables each, one positive and one ground.

The DRL switch box has two long leads coming out of it with a live and ground cable. These connect to each DRL.

You then take the remaining three cables from the little switch box and attach one to the Battery negative, one to the Battery live and the other gets attached to the power cable of the sidelight bulb.

Very simple and saves having to add switches and cables inside the car.

Craig.

Ah right thanks. I'll see when they arrive this week what the script is. Im guessing using your information that connecting it to the side lights will make the DRL's switch off when I switch on main headlights? Sorry for all the questions... I learn bit by bit with electronic stuff :)

Yes, In the iQ the sidelights come on with the headlights so the DRL's will go out when they come on.

The automatic headlights don't use the sidelights either, they just go straight to headlights so I thought wiring them up to the sidelight would be pretty much the same as connecting to the headlight feed but either would work I guess.

With any luck I'll be fitting mine in a weeks time so if you haven't tried yours yet, I'll let you know what I did.

Craig.

Awesome cheers for that. Makes sense now

Sounds like a cool little box. Looking forward to more information.

• 2 weeks later...

Haolebuilt II was displayed in the Beat-Sonic USA booth at Autocon L.A. 2012 yesterday. She was awarded 3rd Place Finest Scion at the event.

614953_4031187854362_101206838_o.jpg

552340_3950354830993_1030855754_n.jpg

599393_3950354310980_642538838_n.jpg

DSCN2998.jpg

330721_4407690878358_1834380638_o.jpg

179943_3950369311355_1743342200_n.jpg

DSCN3035.jpg

There was a sad note to the day, there was an accident in the parking lot outside the show and an innocent iQ was hit by another car. The iQ belongs to the mother of my friend.

DSCN3030.jpg

DSCN3028.jpg

DSCN3024.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Some transformations coming...of the Liquid kind.

DSCN1699.jpg

DSCN1700.jpg

DSCN1703.jpg

How did the car get damage to both rear corners but not the fender "bumper"

David

David, the iQ was sandwiched between two other cars. It was hit on one side and pushed into another car parked next to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks to the great guys at Liquid Transformations for all the hard work they put into my interior. I removed the pieces I wanted covered and sent them up to Spokane Washington. Jeff, PJ and Derek got to work and made them look amazing. I chose a burlwood pattern and they did a fantastic job of covering the parts with the water transfer process.

Here are some pictures of the work they did.

DSCN1699.jpg

DSCN1700.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSCN1807.jpg

DSCN1820.jpg

DSCN1816.jpg

DSCN1824.jpg

DSCN1832.jpg

DSCN1823.jpg

I am extremely pleased with the pattern and the workmanship on these parts. If you are thinking of getting a dash stick on kit, check out Liquid Transformations first.

www.liquidtransformations.com

The iQ took Second Place Scion at the Auto Gallery Car Show in Huntington Beach, CA this Saturday. I had to work so my buddy Johnny displayed the car for me.

423634_433777993339288_468673021_n.jpg

314131_433778010005953_390985431_n.jpg

253108_10151419778518677_811852800_n.jpg

462143_4637864032543_1439602284_o.jpg

257307_4637524904065_500008390_o.jpg

Congratulations again, well done.

I just hope you never get fed up withthe iQ and change cars :o

What is the new graphic on the doors?

Congratulations again, well done.

I just hope you never get fed up withthe iQ and change cars :o

What is the new graphic on the doors?

That is the Japanese spelling of Air-Runner, one of my major sponsors.

Yep, must agree, looks great. Although I have to say, I am getting a bit concerned, for you Taz. Why? Where are you putting all these trophies? Will you have to move house to make room? Will some prized piece of furniture at home have to be discarded to make way for the larger trophy cabinet? :toast:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links