Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Haolebuilt Ii Build Thread

surfcitylocal

Yep, must agree, looks great. Although I have to say, I am getting a bit concerned, for you Taz. Why? Where are you putting all these trophies? Will you have to move house to make room? Will some prized piece of furniture at home have to be discarded to make way for the larger trophy cabinet? :toast:

LOL. My xB won more than 80 trophies. I really appreciate the small ones, much easier to store. When I sold the xB I asked the new owner if he wanted the trophies, he didn't ask how many I had so when he came to pick up the stock parts and the trophies he was glad he brought a truck!

More good things coming to the Haolebuilt II project.

Welcome to the newest sponsor, Advanced Keys.

This is something you in the UK already have or have the option of. In the States and Canada we do not. I'll have pics to show you in a few weeks. The latest model is being delivered by September 28th in time for installation before the iQ is displayed at S.E.M.A. in Las Vegas in October.

Push-Start2.jpg

www.advancedkeys.com

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the newest sponsor of the Haolebuilt II project, R1 Concepts. They produce drilled and slotted rotors for the iQ. I received mine a few days ago and installed them yesterday. These are drilled with the R1 logo engraved. You can have custom engraving done to the rotor as well.

DSCN1921.jpg

DSCN1906.jpg

DSCN1914.jpg

DSCN1910.jpg

DSCN1919.jpg

You can find them here: R1 Concepts

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my DC Sports intake back from the powder coating. Primo Powder Coating did a great job on the intake. Nice candy red.

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

That looks top Dollar, it's a pitty the air filter has to be tucked away out of site.

What does the air filter sound like Taz? It's lovely in candy red:)

Thanks Aaron. It sounds a bit more aggressive than the stock intake. Added 5 hp also.

That looks smashing lad! Any more cheese Grommit? Sorry, but that is the mutts nuts. It looks really good and with the contrast of the connections at the top there, DC Sports... very nice indeed.

Amazingly fast shipment from Tokyo on these OEM Toyota iQ window visors. Easy installation and they look great. They mount with 3M tape and two clips. They even have the small iQ Badge.

DSCN2000.jpg

DSCN2001.jpg

DSCN2004.jpg

DSCN2006.jpg

DSCN2008.jpg

DSCN2009.jpg

DSCN2011.jpg

DSCN2014.jpg

DSCN2013.jpg

My rear reflectors have been removed and replace with red LED brake / tail lights. Mike (atomicmojo) did a great write up on how to convert the stock reflectors with the boil,bake and glue method but I was just too damn lazy. I ordered the lights from eBay for 35.00 and wired them up yesterday.

The lights are a direct replacement for the reflectors on the iQ. They offer the ability to be used as tail lights, brake lights or both. I chose to wire mine up as just brake lights. They are very bright and the install was simple.

DSCN2032.jpg

DSCN2033.jpg

DSCN2035.jpg

DSCN2036.jpg

DSCN2037.jpg

DSCN2038.jpg

DSCN2062.jpg

DSCN2063.jpg

DSCN2065.jpg

I finally got around to installing the TRD Rear Sway Bar on my iQ. Can't believe it took me this long to get this mod done. It was one of the first on my list. Glad I finished it.

DSCN2019.jpg

DSCN2020.jpg

DSCN2021.jpg

DSCN2022.jpg

DSCN2023.jpg

DSCN2024.jpg

DSCN2025.jpg

DSCN2028.jpg

Time for some color on the wheels. Dan at Primo Powder Coating in Huntington Beach coated the FIVE:AD wheels with a Sparkle Candy Teal. The color is going to be very polarizing, either people like it or they don't. I do. =)

DSCN1993.jpg

DSCN1992.jpg

DSCN1990.jpg

DSCN1989.jpg

DSCN1988.jpg

DSCN2044.jpg

DSCN2042.jpg

DSCN2047.jpg

DSCN2053.jpg

DSCN2057.jpg

A warm welcome to the latest sponsor of the Haolebuilt II project, NRG Innovations. I stopped by their shop today and picked up some goodies for the iQ.

The office is more like a toy store!

DSCN2133.jpg

DSCN2134.jpg

DSCN2135.jpg

DSCN2136.jpg

DSCN2138.jpg

DSCN2139.jpg

DSCN2143.jpg

Can't wait to get it all installed and post pics.

http://getnrg.com/

I had a chance to day to install some of the goodies from NRG Innovations. I started with the Quick Release Hub and Steering Wheel.

DSCN2186.jpg

DSCN2185.jpg

DSCN2183.jpg

DSCN2182.jpg

Then it was on to the engine bay where I installed the NRG Red Voltage Stabilizer...

DSCN2195.jpg

Then the NRG Red Ground Wire Kit...

DSCN2198.jpg

DSCN2199.jpg

Then the NRG Red Fender Washers and Red Radiator Cap...

DSCN2201.jpg

DSCN2203.jpg

Many thanks to the great guys at NRG Innovations for the contributions to the Haolebuilt II project.

www.getnrg.com

The nice people at Advanced Keys have added a security / push to start system to the Haolebuilt II project.

The Toyota iQ's have the option of push button start but the Scion model does not. I really wanted to add a push button start and this system does it all.

Auto door lock / unlock. Remote engine start. Full alarm system and Push to Start. When I have the key card in my pocket and approach the iQ the doors unlock at about a five foot distance. When I walk away the doors lock and the alarm system activates at about 10 feet. Beyond the 10 foot range the remote engine start will work. I can start my iQ from inside my house.

Professional installation is suggested so I had my buddy Gene do it while I watched. The installation is rather straight forward and programming is simple. There is a flashing LED to alert the public that the alarm is active. The system comes with two key cards and two bypass cards. There is a small receiver mounted on the dash that will bypass the system in the event your Battery in the key card dies or you lose it. When the bypass is used the alarm is deactivated but the push to start is still active.

I will post up a video of how the system performs but for now here are some pictures of the start button.

DSCN2226.jpg

DSCN2227.jpg

It is pure joy not having to use the key anymore.

This system is the AK - 105B and retails for $349.

The customer support was amazing. Brian from Advanced Keys spoke to us on the phone during the installation even though it was past 10:00 pm his time. The system is the latest they have and the installation instructions had not been finalized. He walked us through some wiring questions and made the job so much easier.

You can check them out at www.advancedkeys.com

• 3 weeks later...

The iQ was photographed by world famous photographers Andrew "Fly" Tipping and James Louis for an article in Japanese Performance Magazine in the UK. The shoot and interview was done in Newport Beach CA.

DSCN2548.jpg

DSCN2557.jpg

DSCN2551.jpg

DSCN2550.jpg

DSCN2554.jpg

DSCN2540.jpg

Cool, I'll keep and eye out for it :)

Wonderful.

I do not know if you are doing anything else with the dash.

This is not mine, but one that someone in Australia is fitting on their Fabia vRS.

He is doing the Targa Tas Tarmac Rally.

A Haltech IQ3 dash & OBD II interface.

george

http://www.haltech.c...dashes-and-data

http://youtube.com/embed/F43Tv-QFz9s

post-104736-0-89041700-1352658071_thumb.

post-104736-0-03497300-1352658116_thumb.

post-104736-0-96631500-1352658276_thumb.

A must for any Renault owners :o

• 2 weeks later...

I added some new LED front turn signals. They are the usual 7440 connectors but with a third wire added to provide the look of DRL's. The lights are illuminated white when the parking lights are on and then flash amber when the turn signals are used. I also added a flasher relay to replace the stock one. This will allow the addition of LED turn signals without having to install resistors at each lamp location.

The LED "switchback" bulbs and flasher unit...

DSCN2622.jpg

DSCN2623.jpg

The third wire is simply run to the parking light side marker light positive wire and spliced in...

DSCN2627.jpg

The stock flasher is removed and replaced with the LED flasher...

DSCN2641.jpg

DSCN2643.jpg

DSCN2644.jpg

The bulb appears white when the parking lights are on...

DSCN2633.jpg

And amber when flashing...

DSCN2632.jpg

The bulbs can be found here: iJdmToy Switchback 7440 LED bulbs

The LED flasher can be found here: iJdm LED Toyota Flasher Relay

The stock 194 Wedge bulb used for lighting the rear license plate on the iQ is not the brightest bulb (pun intended) so I changed it out to a 194 Wedge type LED bulb from iJDMToy. It's a simple job and the results are much better than stock.

The only tools you'll need are a flat head screw driver or a plastic trim removal tool.

The light bulb can be accessed from the under side of the rear bumper just above the license plate...

DSCN2645.jpg

Using a flat head screw driver or a plastic trim removal tool, press on the black plastic tab located at the end of the lens and push towards the lens. The entire black plastic housing will be removed from the bumper, not just the lens.

DSCN2646-001.jpg

DSCN2647.jpg

When you have the housing removed, turn the bulb socket counter clockwise and the socket will come lose from the housing...

DSCN2648.jpg

Gently pull on the stock bulb and it will come out of the socket. Replace the stock bulb with the LED bulb and turn on the lights to check that it lights. If it does not, reverse the bulb and try again. The LED bulb is polarity conscious and will only light if installed correctly.

DSCN2652.jpg

Once you are sure everything is working properly, the installation is the reverse of the removal.

DSCN2653.jpg

Here you can see the stock lighting...

DSCN2654-001.jpg

And the difference with the LED bulb is clear to see...

DSCN2660-001.jpg

An easy job but the result is well worth the short time it takes to accomplish.

I was invited to display the iQ at the SF Auto Salon, a one day car show inside of the 55th Annual San Francisco Car Show this past Saturday. There were many amazing vehicles on display. The iQ took home the trophy for Best Car On Air. Here are some pictures of the event...

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

706233_4092682235668_309889923_o.jpg

Next project is starting. PowerBass USA is sponsoring the HAOLEBUILT II iQ for the International Consumer Electronics Show in January. The iQ will be on display with new products from PowerBass installed. I went out to the headquarters in Ontario today to pick up the equipment we will be installing in the iQ. I have just over four weeks to build and install all of this. It's going to be a busy month...

DSCN2700.jpg

DSCN2704.jpg

DSCN2705.jpg

DSCN2706.jpg

DSCN2707.jpg

DSCN2708.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links