Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Haolebuilt Ii Build Thread

surfcitylocal

Do these look similar?

Tempted to try a pair, well, one for now so I may have a spare one if they work.

How do they stay in the light fitting, is it just the rubber grommets keeping it in place rather than the bayonet fit of the original?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130670633066#ht_2027wt_1344

Craig.

I had a chance to get a few more things done on the iQ today.

I went over to Beat-Sonic USA and picked up a front camera module to try out. I'll install that in the next few weeks. While I was there Eric also gave me a smaller shark fin antenna to try on the iQ. The original one I installed looked good with the Scion rear wing but was a little big for the FIVE:AD body kit wing. Here are some pictures for comparison...

The new smaller antenna installed...

DSCN1498.jpg

I think it's a much better fit.

I agree Taz. Wasn't sure with them side by side, but seeing it fitted in place, and with the spoiler... cool. ^_^

Loving the LED reverse lamp install. Very bright. Not sure what the stupid rules are in this country, if they are only allowed to be of a certain brightness. The regular reversing lamp is useless really, like on most cars. All they are for IMO is letting someone behind you know that you are reversing. A good thing, but then, not if it's dark and you can see naff all behind you. They even look easy enough for me to install... then again. :unsure:

Hey Bob we could buy a pair and have one each. Halve the cost

David

Correct me if I'm wrong Taz but, Do you have your original wheels back on the car?

Craig.

I do Craig. The FIVE:AD wheels are at Rotiform. I am having 3mm shaved off the hubs on the two front wheels. I'm trying to get the front wheel well to clear the tire sidewall at full drop on the air suspension. In the mean time I'm on the steelies again.

Do these look similar?

Tempted to try a pair, well, one for now so I may have a spare one if they work.

How do they stay in the light fitting, is it just the rubber grommets keeping it in place rather than the bayonet fit of the original?

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_2027wt_1344

Craig.

They do use the rubber plug type mount. The smaller size fit the iQ perfectly. It's a friction fit but very snug.

Cheers Taz,

Wondered why the wheels had changed, makes sense to stop them hitting the car!

I'll get a set of HID reverse lights ordered up then and give it a go.

If they do work and I have one spare kit left over I'll over it to the forum if anyone else wants to have a go. :)

Craig.

Finally got my new vanity plates from the state of California today. I had to wait in line for an hour with the unwashed masses (I usually do all my transactions at AAA) but it was worth it to pick these up...

DSCN1536.jpg

DSCN1538.jpg

DSCN1537.jpg

I installed my rear view camera today that I got from Beat-Sonic USA. It was a snap to install and wire up. On the Scion iQ you only need to connect the RCA cable to the head unit. The camera wires up to power that is controlled by the ACC position on the ignition switch and a ground. Simple.

DSCN1548.jpg

These particular cameras are intended to mount to the license plate but I took a little different route. I was planning on removing my rear wiper and plugging the hole so I decided to mount the camera there. I had to trim the rubber nipple on the grommet but it came out fine. Almost looks like it was intended to be there.

DSCN1539.jpg

DSCN1540.jpg

DSCN1541.jpg

When the transmission is moved to reverse the camera comes up on the navigation screen.

DSCN1543.jpg

DSCN1544.jpg

DSCN1545.jpg

This particular model has no reference lines but I like it that way. I have the same camera for the front and a module that lets them work together. I'll be installing that soon.

Finally got my new vanity plates from the state of California today. I had to wait in line for an hour with the unwashed masses (I usually do all my transactions at AAA) but it was worth it to pick these up...

DSCN1537.jpg

I love it! Now you'll be able to brag to all your friends that you have the lowest IQ in California! No, on second thought, don't tell them that, they'll mistake you for a politician! :D

Nice pictures from the camera... but but but... I no understand?

And "NO"? wiper anymore?..... Seems like a step down....

DSCN1539-1.jpg

Have to admit I like that installed where the rear wiper goes. :)

Fish

The camera actually is designed to attach to the license plate frame Peter. If I were to locate it lower on the rear I would just mount it on the plate frame. I have no need of a rear wiper where I live and I think the camera being there looks better than a color matched hole cover. I also like the view it gives me rather than focusing more on the lower area behind me.

More pictures of how it's intended to be mounted here.

Thanks for the update... hardly thinkable .. no rear wiper... in Holland ... OMG... :-)

I did see that. Hilarious!

I went to the Formula Drift Long Beach event today to represent Air-Runner. Had a blast watching the drifting and seeing some amazing cars.

Set up at the Air-Runner booth.

DSCN1645.jpg

DSCN1640.jpg

DSCN1622.jpg

DSCN1644.jpg

Scion brought some cars as well.

The iQ...

DSCN1632.jpg

The tC...

DSCN1631.jpg

The soon to be released FR-S...

DSCN1630.jpg

And the Cartel build FR-S...

DSCN1633.jpg

DSCN1634.jpg

Oh, and there were some models there too...

DSCN1666.jpg

DSCN1669.jpg

All in all a great day in Long Beach.

Coverage of my iQ in this video from Air-Runner. Shot at the Formula Drift in Long Beach. You can see my iQ driving on the track at the very end. Lots of fun!

Air-Runner at Formula D

Your iQ looks amazing!!!! Love the white brake callipers! been debating painting mine yellow for a while now, also wonder what the FR-S wheels would look like on an iQ???

Your iQ looks amazing!!!! Love the white brake callipers! been debating painting mine yellow for a while now, also wonder what the FR-S wheels would look like on an iQ???

Nice video Taz, crap music -my opinion- but the cars looked good. I liked the other iQ there too, nicely done. If I can say one thing about the cars seen, all looked immaculate. You can tell you guys take your car modding very seriously. It's not just a little paint here, a little sticker there. I mean, have you counted how many stickers you have on your car? BTW, the models looked good too.

:dontgetit:

Love the rear bumper and skirt on the Scion IQ - would love to fit that to mine (when I get it

Nice video Taz, crap music -my opinion- but the cars looked good. I liked the other iQ there too, nicely done. If I can say one thing about the cars seen, all looked immaculate. You can tell you guys take your car modding very seriously. It's not just a little paint here, a little sticker there. I mean, have you counted how many stickers you have on your car? BTW, the models looked good too.

:dontgetit:

People don't always notice on first glance but that iQ belongs to Scion Corp and it has the FIVE:AD one off fender flares. Very subtle but I like them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links