Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Bought A 40K 2000 Rav4 5Dr Nv 2.0 - First Thoughts

BeechCustom

Those are the proper RAV driving lights and will have cost a small fortune.

They were about £150 option in 2002. I painted the ones I had:

4-2spots.jpg

Ouch. You're supposed to shout "eyes" before you give somebody a welding flash with a shine like that.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just used my first full tank of petrol in the Rav. As I suspected MPG is quite a bit worse than the BMW. I did 265.4miles using 48.06 litres at a cost of £62.91. This gives an actual MPG of 25.1MPG. The trip computer was reading 25.9MPG. I was doing mostly very short journeys in traffic during this time. Is this MPG about right?

The BMW was returning around 35MPG.

I'll be doing longer journeys from now on so should see an increase in overall MPG hopefully!

PS - Regarding the Drivers Lights I've no idea what wattage they are. They have 'Bosch' stamped on the glass and they certainly do their job. I'm not used to additional lighting on vehicles so maybe that's why I found them so impressive?

I've just used my first full tank of petrol in the Rav. As I suspected MPG is quite a bit worse than the BMW. I did 265.4miles using 48.06 litres at a cost of £62.91. This gives an actual MPG of 25.1MPG. The trip computer was reading 25.9MPG. I was doing mostly very short journeys in traffic during this time. Is this MPG about right?

The BMW was returning around 35MPG.

I'll be doing longer journeys from now on so should see an increase in overall MPG hopefully!

PS - Regarding the Drivers Lights I've no idea what wattage they are. They have 'Bosch' stamped on the glass and they certainly do their job. I'm not used to additional lighting on vehicles so maybe that's why I found them so impressive?

Yes I would say that for short journeys at this time of year that is about right. Maybe you will be able to get 30 mpg in the summer with longer journeys.

We got 28.3 mpg in our last fill up with my wife's RAV. That included some reasonable length journeys.

David

I can just eek 24 or 25MPG on my 2 door. On a run it's about 28MPG. It's not heavy; but it is shaped like a brick.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links