Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Intake Pipe Slipping Off Turbo

tallguy

Over the last few days the air intake pipe from the filter housing to the turbo slips off the turbo intake, does the circlip loose strength over time?

Does the intake pipe just fit over the smooth bit of the turbo intake or should it fit further on?

08 plate D4D T-spirit

Over the last few days the air intake pipe from the filter housing to the turbo slips off the turbo intake, does the circlip loose strength over time?

Does the intake pipe just fit over the smooth bit of the turbo intake or should it fit further on?

08 plate D4D T-spirit

Try getting a new clip on it. If its like the T25 model it slips over the smooth bit. But have you checked that there isn't a bockage anywhere thats causing this? Air filter Okay and box?

08 plate D4D T-spirit

Try getting a new clip on it. If its like the T25 model it slips over the smooth bit. But have you checked that there isn't a bockage anywhere thats causing this? Air filter Okay and box?

The clip I can pinch together quite easily by hand (surely it should be a stronger clip?). Anyway, in the short term i'm going for a cable tie - this should be OK - Yes?

08 plate D4D T-spirit

The clip I can pinch together quite easily by hand (surely it should be a stronger clip?). Anyway, in the short term i'm going for a cable tie - this should be OK - Yes?

I'd use a couple and see how you get on...

its probably been damaged by over tighten the clip.

replace

Difficult to over tighten as its a spring type hose clip

Hose clamps

Even with 2 cable ties on its still slipping slightly - no blocakge on the air intake pipe or filter housing (new filter too) - will try good old fashioned Jubilee clip

• 2 weeks later...

its probably been damaged by over tighten the clip.

replace

Difficult to over tighten as its a spring type hose clip

Hose clamps

Even with 2 cable ties on its still slipping slightly - no blocakge on the air intake pipe or filter housing (new filter too) - will try good old fashioned Jubilee clip

Ended up with a Jubilee clip as the cable ties failed to hold it. Now seems to be holding well.