Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Management Code

maanse

Ok guys,

As above engine management light came on with code p0380 glow plugs circuit A malfunction. Now, i took it to a garage to have it read and their advice was (after paying a diagnostic fee) to pay Toyota to do the diagnostic and hopefully they can shed more light on it..... Is it worth taking it to toyota or just change the glow plugs and bar?

Thanks guys....

HI

In February my engine light and vsc and trc con lights came on, garage did obd check and identified glow plugs. they replaced them. He was not sure if that would resolve the problem and would not take payement until I was satisfied that the problem was sorted. I have not had any problems since. The lights seem to come on for the most obscure reasons.

HI

In February my engine light and vsc and trc con lights came on, garage did obd check and identified glow plugs. they replaced them. He was not sure if that would resolve the problem and would not take payement until I was satisfied that the problem was sorted. I have not had any problems since. The lights seem to come on for the most obscure reasons.

Hello, Mine did this tonight whilst driving along. Did yours do the same? Seems to drive ok lol. Am going to the local dealer tomorrow hopefully.

Not sure when mine came on only noticed them when driving along road. They went off for a few days then came back on when I started the car, once they had been on I was looking for them each start up. Car was driving ok as normal.

Yea mine seems to drive OK, touch wood it hasn't come back on since the garage reset it. Im not sure when it came on because the other half was driving at the time.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Not sure when mine came on only noticed them when driving along road. They went off for a few days then came back on when I started the car, once they had been on I was looking for them each start up. Car was driving ok as normal.

Thanks for your reply. Am going to say it quietly but mine have gone off again. Have booked the car in for a check next week - fingers crossed. Only thing i have noticed recently is that starting takes a little longer sometimes. Guess glow plugs could be on their way out. Will keep you posted.

Thanks for your reply. Am going to say it quietly but mine have gone off again. Have booked the car in for a check next week - fingers crossed. Only thing i have noticed recently is that starting takes a little longer sometimes. Guess glow plugs could be on their way out. Will keep you posted.

Yea mine seems to drive OK, touch wood it hasn't come back on since the garage reset it. Im not sure when it came on because the other half was driving at the time.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thank you for replying to my post. Quietly saying that mine have gone off again lol. Car is booked in for a check next week. Will keep you posted.

Ok, I decided as the car seemed to be running great (apart from white smoke over 2k rpm)that i would use it and see if the light came back on and sure enough after 250 miles it came back on and went into 'limp home mode'. So i got the car home and have plugged it in to see what the fault code is and again its p0380 although this time its p1386 as well, So a quick google search leads me to the 5th injector. Is that correct and could that be causing my white smoke over 2k rpm?

• 1 month later...

Ok, I decided as the car seemed to be running great (apart from white smoke over 2k rpm)that i would use it and see if the light came back on and sure enough after 250 miles it came back on and went into 'limp home mode'. So i got the car home and have plugged it in to see what the fault code is and again its p0380 although this time its p1386 as well, So a quick google search leads me to the 5th injector. Is that correct and could that be causing my white smoke over 2k rpm?

Hello, I have the same fault code P1386 , VSC, TRC, Engine lights are on. With OBD reader I can clear the code but it comes back after about 500 miles. I have a loads of white smoke now just started.

Anyone else had the same problem?

Have your car been fixed yet Maanse?