Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Swapping Stock Radio For A Double Din?

Povo

Hi,

I was wondering how hard is it to swap the standard radio for a double din touchscreen?

I am able to take it apart and all, it's just the replacement method.

Firstly I'll need a fascia with a hole in it. There are plenty on eBay but some don't have a cage in which the stereo sits in. Do I need the cage or not? Also some fascias come with some converter wires. Do I need those?

Here's one with the wires: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/DFPK-11-11-S-TOYOTA-COROLLA-VERSO-SILVER-FASCIA-PACKAGE-SURROUND-STEREO-KIT-T18-/180780289123?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a17584c63#ht_1402wt_1082

Can I just solder the wires or something instead of buying adapters and all that stuff?

Regarding the double din radio, I want to get this: http://www.dinodirect.com/touch-screen-car-dvd-player-system-gps-navigator-7in-sl-6735-gt-2-001-currency-EUR.html

Also how do I find out which cable is which on the main radio cable that is in the stock radio? I know the main connector is the very right one which has all the speaker cables and 12V power. Does anyone know what wire colour is for what?

Also I noticed, if the stock radio is not in the car, I cannot use the buttons that control the display on the speedo which shows mileage, fuel consumption etc. Is there any way I can fix this?

If you have any tips or anything I've missed please let me know! Thanks!

Alright, so I risked it and bought the radio. Now all I MOSTLY need is the wiring diagram that shows which wire is for what on the factory radio.

• 4 months later...

Hi Povo,

Can you please pass me your expirience. Did you manage to mount this radio into in your car. Can you please send me some pictures. I'm realy interesting in buying this radio also.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I installed the radio a long time ago. All that I needed was a Toyota to ISO radio connector from eBay. One end is black the other is the same as the back socket of the stock radio.

You just plug it in and it works right away. No wire soldering or anything. Place the fascia back and it's good to go.

Install time was about 30 mins.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Povo.

I want to change radio unit because of bluetooth connectivity problem. But I just pull radio unit from car and notice that bluetooth is not located in it. But I am still interested in buying a new radio unit. Do you maybe have some picture with new radio unit?

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

Sorry for late replies. I don't have any pictures at the moment but I will get some if I'm taking out the radio any time soon.

If you try to do this yourself, trust me it's much easier than it sounds. Before doing this I thought that I will need to solder wires and stuff, but it really was just taking out the old radio with fascia, putting new radio into the new fascia, connecting 1 ISO cable (Toyota cable to ISO converter for a couple of pounds from eBay) and then putting it all back together!

Thanks Povo!

Yesterday I installed radio in car. I only have problem with command for steering wheel. I installed Road Terminator (same as Erisin ES777a or something like that or DM7033). Everything is great. I manage to install even rear camera. ;) Do you have solution for steering wheel command, please advice what adapter to buy!

Thanks in advance!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links