Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla E12 3Zz-Fe On Lpg ?

lubobg

Hi Guys i have toyota corolla 1.6 VVTI (3ZZFE) and i'd like to convert it whit lpg direct injection system ..

so some people say, that the engine is not apllicable, due to the fact, that the valves wil not work properly with gas and aren´t produced for LPG-mode.

What kind of experiences do you have with LPG, esp. with a Corolla?

Is there Corolla 1.6 driver with LPG?

Thank you for your help.

Hey

It will work fine, I got a E12 1.4 (4ZZ-FE), and got it converted to run on LPG. Single point injection, I get about 85 miles of city driving for 10 quid (more miles on the motorway!). LPG isn't as efficient as petrol when it comes to MPG but since it is overall cheaper per litre than petrol, you get more miles out of it. Especially if you live overseas, I know LPG is much cheaper compared to UK if you live in Belgium/NL/etc.

If you get the more expensive sequential LPG system, you will get better efficiency.

But the engine works great, it doesn't have as much pull as petrol, but other then that works great!

I actually converted it myself with the help of my dad as that is what he does!

If you got more questions let me know

Hi Sbm007 ,

Thanks for the answer , i am from Bulgaria and here the price of liter lpg is about 0.55 p , the lpg system itself will cost me about 430 pounds ...

but i'm still gathering views , before take the decision .

• 3 weeks later...

i also have e12 1.6 on lpg BRC direct injection

90 000 km i drive on lpg and i dont have any problem with rolla. you need flash lube to instal and use because toytoas valves are sensory on heat and with lpg you have increased temperature

My friend have sequential injection LPG on his zze112, 3zzfe. on highway it did 6,5 lt. in city it seems about 8 lt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all, I'm new here but have some km on my wheels with LPG.

I have Toyota Corolla 1.6 VVTi 2003 with LPG. The car have about 400.000 km (I have changed the motor due a car crash). First one had 246.000 km, this one 156.562km all of them on LPG.

The only thing about LPG on this car is that if LPG is not good the check engine light comes on (in Macedonia LPG is imported from Bulgaria and Greece and any time I put bulgarian LPG the light turns on), and you need to drive it about 1000km on fuel every 10.000 LPG km (during driving on fuel mix some additive to clean the valves).

My LPG system is MPI - multi point injection and consumes 4,7-6l/100km (90-120km/h) on motorway, 7-10l/100km city. It's one of the cheаpest cars to run on LPG.

To instal MPI LPG system costs about 800-1000 euro.

Before I had Subaru Vivio, Audi A4, Daewoo Racer all on LPG by far Toyota Corolla is the best pocket friendly car I've had.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links