Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help , Insurance Company Recommendations

jd_coke_uk

hi fellow hilux surf owners.

I have a 1992 hilux surf which is due for insurance renewal, the company i have been with (Advance) no longer insures japaneese imports, i have tried several compare sites online, but the cheapest quote i have is in the region of £500, one company called 'YouChooseCar' had the cheek to quote me £9439.92 !!!! And incase you think i have made a typo there, or you have misread, nope 'YouChooseCar' quoted me almost 10grand !!!!!, and thats with no accidents, no convictions, and 1 yr no claims !!!!!, and only 3rd party !!!! wtf!?

Please Please can someone recommend their insurers, the more options the better.

Last year my policy was £325, third part fire and theft.

If anyone has renewed their insurance cheaply lately please can you share with me the company you used and roughly how much you paid. Much appreciated :)

Happy Xmas

Roddy

i have a heavily modified mk3 and the wife a std mk5 and we both found adrian flux insurance reasonable

I'm with adrian Flux as the company i was with last year boosted mine by £500.00 even with 9 years NCB. If you don't do much milage then Flux is the way to go.

Also if you trawl thru this forum or possibly the hiluxsurf.co.uk forum you'll get a small discount with them

Hope this helps

Cheers and Merry Christmas

Paul

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply guys, much appreciated, will give adrian flux a call and see what their quote is. I only do around 2000miles a year in it as its a second car, happy xmas to you all.

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply guys, much appreciated, will give adrian flux a call and see what their quote is. I only do around 2000miles a year in it as its a second car, happy xmas to you all.

Your circumstances just about mirror mine, i found Highway (who normally deal with taxis) and my first year was about £334 and this teat it went sown by about 38 pence. Ill dig out the details for you over xmas but post again if you dont hear from me. BTW 2yrs no claims, and mileage capped to 3000, may have gone up to 5000 in yr 2, ill have to check.

nigel

• Like 1

Hi Nigel, thanks for your reply.

I bought my hilux in Jan 2011, and my first years insurance was with the company called HIGHWAY, through a broker called ADVANCE, and the policy cost about £325 for third party fire and theft, my hilux was listed as my second vehicle on restricted milage.

However i have recently recieved a letter from the insurers stating that

"Highway no longer accepts Japanese imported cars, and due to the fact that yours has been modified we have been unable to place the risk elsewhere".

The letter basically goes on to state that the insurance company is unable to give me a renewal quote, which prompted me to do many a online compare quote, before coming on here for help.

The insurance for any pickup is just crazy, my cheapest quote was twice the amount I pay for the Verso :censor:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links