Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Political Correctness, Grrrr....

oakridge

A friend's teenager daughter has been 'put on report' on the last day at school for wishing a friend 'Happy Christmas' instead of 'Happy Holiday'.

As usual this this year the only religious themed cards that we have had were from the Muslim Charity where my wife does the bookkeeping.

It's a funny old world.

Happy CHRISTMAS.

Malcolm

I think it will be Brinsworth Comprehensive, near Rotherham.

No we do not send religious cards, but receiving them from the Muslim community shows how stupid the whole PC thing is.

Whatever happened to the hard-earned right to free speech? I prefer the quotation attributed to Voltaire: 'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it'.

Malcolm

Political correctness gone mad indeed :yes: i think the press would have a field day with this one.

It's so sad we can't celebrate our native culture for fear of upsetting some folk, but does this work in reverse... I think not. :angry:

Many Muslim people we know have christmas trees and (Halal) turkey on Christmas Day.

So many political correctness types are so busy basking in their perceived goodness that they fall into the booby traps of real life.

Malcolm

How serious is being put on report - what is meant by it and what are the potential consequences (obviously its not a good thing - as someone has taken note of the alleged incident :ffs:)

Hope common sense rules and the "being put on report issue" rectifys itself when the teacher that took the action realises that they

were being silly. Mind you if the teacher is anything like some of mine when i was going to school - this will never happen - that would mean

actually saying i (teacher) was wrong and thus completely out of the question :rolleyes: .

I wonder what would happen if someone wrote into that school and said - im personally offended at the lack of respect

shown to people who wish to celebrate christmas as is the culture in the country they live in.

Well done to the guys from the Muslim community that are sending christmas cards though - top people :thumbsup: .

Red diesel

A friend's teenager daughter has been 'put on report' on the last day at school for wishing a friend 'Happy Christmas' instead of 'Happy Holiday'.

As usual this this year the only religious themed cards that we have had were from the Muslim Charity where my wife does the bookkeeping.

It's a funny old world.

Happy CHRISTMAS.

Malcolm

NO WAY! On report for saying Happy Christmas??? What a :censor: joke! I'd be straight round the school and be having a word with the head teacher because that is just mad in the extreme!!!... What is OUR country turning into?

Sadly, teachers these days are more interested in filling kids heads with political dogma than teaching them something that will help them when they get out in the real world...New Labour's legacy...

In our area a teacher needs to be a MEMBER OF THE lABOUR PARTY TO GET A JOB IN THE FIRST PLACE ! (sorry abvount the caps - me keyboard is too small for Scottish fingers)