Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whose Bored Already ?

CharlieFarlie

Cmon admit it who is bored and its not even 12 yet ??? :blink: :blink: Hope You are all having a good un !!!!

I feel like I'm waiting for something to happen.

Yesterday I pulled the back bumper off the RAV to fit the parking sensors. That unfolded a little story.

When I bought the car I was lucky enough to be able to get to know the previous owner. When I fitted the additional boot lighting I noticed that a couple of trim screws were missing and signs of "disturbance". I got in touch with said ex owner and he said that at some stage he responded to an ad' for reversing sensors fitted and working for "x amount". They fitted them and surprise surprise they didn't work so after 2 attempts at fixing them the owner dug in and they had to fit a new bumper. I presume they come body coloured these days because the finish is exceptional. However, after removing the bumper I can see that several bolts are missing, clips are broken and one incorrectly fitted liner has allowed a collection of mud through. None of this takes any harm and it will all go back as the factory put it together but the moral of the story is, do it yourself or make sure you can absolutely trust the contractor.

This is why I service and repair my own car. There are so many @ssoles ready to take your money and cobble things up. The bumper remains on the garage floor and will be revisited tomorrow.

BORED! Charlie??? I have been tracking Santa on Norad, He is safely back at the North Pole now having delivered billions of gifts and he and his reindeer have eaten thousands of mince pies and carrots, you can go into Countdown Village and play lots of games, Bored? not me!! still in my jimmies and new slippers, when i get a rare day off where i don't feel obliged to do anything I Love it.. :thumbsup::clap::cheers::newyear::toot::toot::toast::yahoo:MERRY CHRISTMAS Stew

Great fun - the south westerly wind is bouncing the tiles on the roof; the small garage door keeps blowing open; and the refurbd oven that was delievered a week late (its a massive combi oven) has kept us busy - having tightened one loose gas pipe and got the main burners working, the boiler burners shoot flame through the exhaust vent so we need to drop the burner to find why! And the turkey is now in my 2nd oven... leaving the 3rd oven to cope with everything else til we get the damn lump sorted !!! Oh joy !! :lol:

With a bit of luck the tiles will blow off and I can get a new roof !

Great fun - the south westerly wind is bouncing the tiles on the roof; the small garage door keeps blowing open; and the refurbd oven that was delievered a week late (its a massive combi oven) has kept us busy - having tightened one loose gas pipe and got the main burners working, the boiler burners shoot flame through the exhaust vent so we need to drop the burner to find why! And the turkey is now in my 2nd oven... leaving the 3rd oven to cope with everything else til we get the damn lump sorted !!! Oh joy !! :lol:

Sounds like great fun Bothy, those tiles might need a bit of a helping hand :yes: just opened a bottle of GLEN MORAY (not had this before) so i will raise a glass to all our Scottish friends, Merry Christmas :newyear::thumbsup: Stew

Not been up long, opened pressies,and am now going to have my Christmas dinner. No doubt a bit of Tele this afternoon. Am very happy though just discovered Mrs Browns back on BBC 1 tomorrow night!!!! :yahoo:

Don you are a perfectionist, I shall have to wait and buy your Rav of you when you decide to sell it,at least I would know I am getting a "PERFECT RAV"

Have a good one Clare :thumbsup:

Happy Christmas Everybody :thumbsup:

Had good fun with the Kittens first Christmas going mad with the wrapping paper and pressies. Got some nice gifts and the ones I gave were appreciated so that is all good :yes:

And good to hear from you Stew :toast:

Hoovie, did you sort those headlights?

I see Duncs is lurking...............

Cmon admit it who is bored and its not even 12 yet ??? :blink: :blink: Hope You are all having a good un !!!!

It's NATIVITY Charlie.......Not NEGATIVETY,

Having a great time.....Dinner cooked and eaten .....Copious amount of wine consumed.....just about to settle down in armchair for a snooze!

Me bored.......NEVER!! :yahoo:

Not had another go at the lights yet - been a bit cold (brrr)

Just put my fillet steaks in the oven after a quick pan fry to seal. Sprouts and Carrots on, Roasties in the Oven sizzling, Mmmmm xxx

(Turkey will be tomorrow for Christmas Dinner Part 2 :drool: )

Hey Hoovie.

I notice Clarkson has a chapter dedicated to the RAV SR in his latest book. He basically says its that well built and that well equipped that anyone with a LR or other vehicle will find it too predictable!

Some idiot that had a few too many decided to jump out in front of my truck on the A1 early hours yesterday morning and I hit him, he was very lucky to get away with just a sore hand, he could've got himself killed and all I have done since is relive the whole thing over and over again, I really did think I was going to find a body at the side of the road, I honestly didn't know what to do with myself. So there he was with his :drunk: mates running down towards the wagon thinking that he'd managed to stop me to give them a lift home, they honestly thought this was acceptable. All I can think since then is that I could've killed someone, I can still hear the loud bang from the impact. I am beside myself this Christmas :fear: :fear: :fear: but luckily things could've so easily been a lot worse.

I could really do boring right now, could someone please send me some :thumbsup:

I hope you are all having a great time, have one :beer: for me.

Keep your chin up buddy. I work on the railway now although I did have a LGV license at one time. The same applies to a truck to some extent as it does to a train. If somebody puts themself in front of it there is only a certain amount the driver can do. It looks like he got off lightly and frankly I hope the pain in his hand deprives him of his usual twilight passtime.

You did your bit by saving his life so stop beating yourself up and if anything give yourself a pat on the back.

Keep your chin up buddy. I work on the railway now although I did have a LGV license at one time. The same applies to a truck to some extent as it does to a train. If somebody puts themself in front of it there is only a certain amount the driver can do. It looks like he got off lightly and frankly I hope the pain in his hand deprives him of his usual twilight passtime.

You did your bit by saving his life so stop beating yourself up and if anything give yourself a pat on the back.

Thanks mate, I didn't do anything though because he came out of the darkness,it happened so quick that I didn't have time to change course. I know it's not my fault and I think it's just shock that I'm experiencing. I'll be fine in a day or 2, back out to work tomorrow at 4am, heh heh, no rest for the wicked :rolleyes:

My eyes will be extra pealed :eek:

Give Me a shout if they do !! I was a roofing Contractor for 32 Years... Have a Good un !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bored? Oh no. Fed and watered to satisfaction, thank you very much. Up early to get her ladyship breakfast in bed then cleaned, laid and lit the fires, opened pressies with a drop of decent hooch from Kevverlandshire, dined on duck'n'all the trimmings with a good claret and then time to ponder the meaning of life with eyes closed.

Slightly bemused tho. I spent minutes agonising on Amazon to choose her Christmas presents. A CD of renaissance choral music, a tapestry wall hanging, a bottle of her absolute favourite wine at vast expense and a silly afterthought DVD. The result? All the goodies laid aside while she giggles her way thru the afternoon at the Shaun the Sheep DVD. Why did I bother?

Never let Dr Spooner loose on the phrase Bah Humbug. :clown:

And my New Year resolution? To continue pimping the GV with casually applied mud by driving it around farms in low ratio and to wash it once a year whether it needs it or not.

Cheers all and keep the positive posts coming.

PS to Bothy: Sorry about yer roof. Suggest laying off the sprouts. They have the same effect on me too :oops:

Thanks mate, I didn't do anything though because he came out of the darkness,it happened so quick that I didn't have time to change course. I know it's not my fault and I think it's just shock that I'm experiencing. I'll be fine in a day or 2, back out to work tomorrow at 4am, heh heh, no rest for the wicked :rolleyes:

Hope You feel better soon Mate !! A large lump of boredom on its way on Santa's sleigh !!

Bothy. If you're hooked up to next door's gas and electric then he won't mind sharing a few tiles, surely.

Great fun - the south westerly wind is bouncing the tiles on the roof

Windy ? I'll say it's windy, the Mrs and I took our usual christmas day walk to cemetry with flowers. Along comes one

humungus gust and knocks both of us over eek.gif couldn't believe it.

edit, I reckon said flowers now round about Fife somewhere thumbsup.gif

Hope You feel better soon Mate !! A large lump of boredom on its way on Santa's sleigh !!

Cheers mate, I take it the estimated time of that delivery is about 12 months :)

Bothy. If you're hooked up to next door's gas and electric then he won't mind sharing a few tiles, surely.

He's away for the day to dine with family...

well thats us just finished dinner.

Faither is saying he's fcked ie in that at 92 and 11 twelthfs as he'll be 93 in 3 weeks, he just feels past tired. Godbless the old soul. Who on earth am I going to talk about after - Ancs ?????

Fill your boots bothy but I'm 53 5/12 so I'm getting cream crackered too. I am grumpier than a 99 year old sometimes. Now off to complete that back bumper job.