Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Battery Type

oldcodger

Hey,

Looks like my original Delpi 40 ah 330 cca batttery is not holding it charge for long.

Been looking at the Bosch S4 range which from previous entries seems good for a standard car.

(ECPs have a xmas 15% off at the moment)

Thing is seems there is a couple to chose from - the 005 rated at 60 ah 420 cca or the 075 at again 60 ah but 540 cca.

Would seem that the 075 is better with the higher cold crank amps - yes ?

What puzzles me is that the S4 075 is physically about 25% Smaller in height that the S4 005 ? - seems a bit the other way around to what you would expect.

Just wondering which is actually better ?

Any recommendation for other makes / types welcome.

Happy New Year!

I've just replaced my Corolla 1.4 Battery. I went for the biggest Battery that would fit the Battery tray. I bought a Bosch S5 S5005 for £60 from car batteries online. The battery dropped in ok. I thought it was a good price... More Amps the better! I gave the battery an overnight charge before fitting.

I hope this helps?

DS9

That is great for you dude, You really found what really fits to you.

I'm just happy the Battery fitted in the Battery tray. At first I didn't think it would fit. My old Battery came with the car... so it was time to change it. The 40Ah was just too small for the car if you ask me...

The height is the very important figure... 190mm otherwise the battery strap will not fit.

Cheers,

DS9

There's a piece on batteries in the Jan Practical Performance Car. Best buy is Varta Silver Plus, below that the Varta Silver, then Exide and Halfords. The editorial on Varta mentions Bosch, is Varta part of Bosch?

I think the Battery on my 2005 T Sport is probably the original, so I'll need to change it soon I would imagine, is it easy to do, no gotcha around radio/alarm codes?

Marc

bosch/varta batteries are very good. some people advise against it however personally if i change the Battery in any car then i would get the largest capacity Battery which will physically fit without mods to Battery tray or strap.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links