Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Matte Black Toyota Emblem

corollat3sport

Hey guys,

i want to spray my front Toyota Badge matte black and i was wondering if anyone else has done this and can show me photo's and also how i should do it? :)

also how do you think it will look...good or bad lol

cheers guys

Hey guys,

i want to spray my front Toyota badge matte black and i was wondering if anyone else has done this and can show me photo's and also how i should do it? :)

also how do you think it will look...good or bad lol

cheers guys

Get a spare Badge off eBay, wash of any residues with `Fairy`, dry, spray, done.

Now you can change back in seconds if you don`t like it. :)

thanks for the quick response guys :)

my front Toyota Badge is gold :( hence why im going to spray it matte black or maybe satin black...i don't like the look of it at the moment and after i spray it, should look a lot better and if not im going to go "dangermooser style"....get a badgeless grille :D

so shall i just buy some spray and clean the Badge and just spray it over?

thanks again thumbsup.gif

Not that I am an expert but I think for a half decent result you need to sand the Badge with a fine paper then use primer before spraying it the colour you want, it will have a better chance of taking than just spraying it. I think there are plenty of guides on the right way of doing it on tinternet

Need to sand it with 800 grit, then primer, then a quick wet sand with 1200 grit, a coat of colour and finnaly laqure.

Just a pointer, dont use "matt black" paint. Its a nightmare at picking up and showing dirt and the finish will go horrible after a while and will require re-doing in no time, especially on a everyday car.

I use satin black, its soo much better and much more durable. Simoniz does an awsum spray can of it which can be had very cheeply of eBay. I personally spend a little bit extra and get the "tough satin black" spray they do, as it is a lot harder paint so less likely to chip (ive tried both) and is perfect for the front of a car.

HTH

awesome guys, now i know what to do so i will have a go at it :)

thanks for all the input thumbsup.gif

will be here if i need any more help laugh.gif as im not really good with painting so wish me best of luck

Just remember a good finish is 90% prep and that it will never be a "perfect job" from a rattle can and youll be fine :thumbsup:

Also dont spray the can to close you want to dust it on and build it up to a wet look, stop there as any more and you risk getting runs. My TTE spoiler came out as good as toyota painted the car itself ;)

thanks for everything guys, i thought it was just taking the Badge off and spraying it and putting it back on laugh.gif

now i know my Badge will look perfect :)

thanks again

right how do i take my Badge off laugh.gif

i think it will be easier for me if i can take it off :)

anyone know how to?

also i have found this Steven:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290594927332?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1748wt_952

good or avoid?

cheers guys

@dangermooser

anything new with the rolla? haven't really seen a update on your thread recently lol

right how do i take my badge off laugh.gif

anyone know how to?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290594927332?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1748wt_952

good or avoid?

cheers guys

@dangermooser

anything new with the rolla? haven't really seen a update on your thread recently lol

Yup that stuff is good, but i'd personally spend £2 extra and get there tough spray as its less likely to stone chip. Dont forget you need to get some primer too ;)

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=160646929988&index=2&nav=SEARCH&nid=92863863473

If the Badge is like the E11 all you have to do is remove the grill (two screws) and its clipped in from behind, just push the clips in and volia itll pop out.

If you take of the black panel around the bonnet latchvyou can unclip the Badge, but if you cant do that then unclipping the grill is just as easy.

@dangermooser

Yeh have done a few more bits and pieces including updated ice, CAI and other bits done and in planning!

Generally don't post much on here nowadays preferring the dark side of the site that must not be mentioned

right how do i take my badge off laugh.gif

anyone know how to?

http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_1748wt_952

good or avoid?

cheers guys

@dangermooser

Yup that stuff is good, but i'd personally spend £2 extra and get there tough spray as its less likely to stone chip. Dont forget you need to get some primer too ;)

http://item.mobilewe...nid=92863863473

If the Badge is like the E11 all you have to do is remove the grill (two screws) and its clipped in from behind, just push the clips in and volia itll pop out.

oh sorry i forgot to look for the extra tough paint lol thanks for that mate almost forgot haha

sorry to hassle you but can you point me in the right direction of some good primer i should use?

cheers mate

If you take of the black panel around the bonnet latchvyou can unclip the badge, but if you cant do that then unclipping the grill is just as easy.

thanks man will have a go and see if i can get it off thumbsup.gif

i sprayed my front badge black imo looks much better :thumbsup:

085.jpg

this photo has made me extra sure that i want mines black laugh.gif

@dangermooser

Yeh have done a few more bits and pieces including updated ice, CAI and other bits done and in planning!

Generally don't post much on here nowadays preferring the dark side of the site that must not be mentioned

oh right lol well best of luck though mate :)

oh sorry i forgot to look for the extra tough paint lol thanks for that mate almost forgot haha

sorry to hassle you but can you point me in the right direction of some good primer i should use?

cheers mate

I again personally use the simoniz white primer - avalible from the same guy on eBay too, so combine the two for cheeper postage ;) but any primer will do :)

cheers mate

I again personally use the simoniz white primer - avalible from the same guy on eBay too, so combine the two for cheeper postage ;) but any primer will do :)

Hmmmm no im going to go your way and use the simoniz white primer then :) and also see if i can save and get cheaper postage laugh.gif

thanks man thumbsup.gif

SAM_0460-1.jpg not a great pic sanded it back removed the silver for a good key, primed it and matt blacked it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links