Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris 1.33 Starting Issue Help!

mickz

Hi Guys

Could anyone please just help clarify what the engine startup procedure is for the Auris??? I've followed the manual i.e. neutral, press clutch and turn ignition, but seven times out of ten the engine dosen't turn over and I have to turn the iginition off and start the process again...any ideas?????/

Cheers in advance

Mick :thumbsup:

Hi Guys

Could anyone please just help clarify what the engine startup procedure is for the Auris??? I've followed the manual i.e. neutral, press clutch and turn ignition, but seven times out of ten the engine dosen't turn over and I have to turn the iginition off and start the process again...any ideas?????/

Cheers in advance

Are you keeping the clutch pedal fully depressed whilst you turn the ignition and operate the starter?

Hi Guys

Cheers in advance

Are you keeping the clutch pedal fully depressed whilst you turn the ignition and operate the starter?

No I wasn't lol, cheers for the help.

Mick ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same trouble with my Auris 1.6. Took it back under waranty, and as with my last toyota the mechanics don't know.

This is my last Toyota, i'm going for the Jaguar x type.

With the 1.33 you need to keep the clutch fully depressed whilst operating the starter (via the ignition key). Don't know whether a 2008 1.6 is the same - but are you keeping the clutch fully depressed whilst you operate the starter??