Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Obd2 Code Reader.

BALIKBAYAN

I bought an ELM327 recently at e-bay. Just good to have if/when there will be any faultcodes to read. The bad thing is that it doesn't seems to work with the car. I can't get any contact with the car's computer. Wich code reader do you use? And wich software do you use? And where to buy and how much?

Hi i just received my ELM327 scanner (USB) and it works fine with my 2004 Avensis. I've just read 2 fault codes from it. As for software, i just used the free EasyOBDII v3.0 software that came with scanner....

Check reader has been assigned a Com Port and that software is set to use correct com port and baud rate (38400).

I tired that software and also obd2spy. The software finds the Elm327, but not the car.

I have a bluetooth eBay elm327, and it's very picky about how it finds the car. The only way mine will work is if the ignition is on, but the car is not running. It will detect the ECU fine, and then the car can be started. If the car is already running when I try to connect, it sits there scanning protocols forever.

Might be worth a try if you haven't tried that already.

I double checked wich version of easyobd2 I had. It was version 2.2. I found a newer version (2.4) and it worked much better. I had to test it in the garage and I could read most things from the ecu. Now I am happy again.

Version 3.0 is not a free software as I can understand, but I might buy it anyway. It has more features. It was only $18 at www.easyobd2 webpage.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links