Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Mode Am I In?

tfj

My Prius has 3 Mode buttons: PWR - ECO - EV.

When I press one of thee buttons a corresponding green icon appears on the instrument panel, however if for example I press the PWR button (green icon appears) I am in PWR mode; but if I then press PWR button again the green icon disappears altogether. So does anyone know what Mode I am in?

My Prius has 3 Mode buttons: PWR - ECO - EV.

When I press one of thee buttons a corresponding green icon appears on the instrument panel, however if for example I press the PWR button (green icon appears) I am in PWR mode; but if I then press PWR button again the green icon disappears altogether. So does anyone know what Mode I am in?

Normal. If you're in Pwr and you press it again you go to normal. Same thing applies if you're in eco.

Welcome :cheers:

As said, when not in PWR, ECO or EV mode, you are in Normal mode.

To be quirky, you could press PWR then press EV to get into EV-PWR mode :thumbsup:

Thank you........................

To be quirky, you could press PWR then press EV to get into EV-PWR mode :thumbsup:

Great help thank you both. I have read about 'normal' mode elsewhere on these pages, but thought that there was a selection button that I didn't have!

What then are the advantages/disadvantages of 'normal'?

Thank you........................

Great help thank you both. I have read about 'normal' mode elsewhere on these pages, but thought that there was a selection button that I didn't have!

What then are the advantages/disadvantages of 'normal'?

Hi Trev. No probs, just keep asking if you have any Q's. Re Normal, it's a balance of economy and power. Many people stick to normal but I only ever drove in eco and shifted briefly into normal or power to briskly overtake or if the car was struggling up a long hill in eco mode. Normal is neither at its most economical or its most powerful but a sort of mid setting. You'll find eco dulls the throttle and turns down the heating and ventilation (the fan slows down :)) whilst power releases the full fat power to the leccy motor and gives the car a useful shove up the yaris. Normal is somewhere in between :)

Thanks for the quick update. Actually what you say is just about what I have found now that I come to think about it properly. I am just a bit surprised that the dealer didn't go into quite as much depth as you guys. Having said that; he did give me an otherwise excellent intro, although it seem that I will learn a lot more from these pages.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links