Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Price

PaulinhoT

The price has not been fixed yet but is expected to start around £25K

Kingo :thumbsup:

Dont get me wrong... i love the car. But its not worth £25k.

You cant just throw sat nav and leather at it and then expect it to justify a price that is higher than a BMW 1 Series Coupe.

Regardless of the strength of the Yen, they've gotta stick with the original £20k starting price.

Toyota - We dont want leather, we dont want sat nav or anything else that is going to weigh this car down. We want it simple just like the original AE86. Offer all that stuff as optional extras by all means but dont force it on everyone.

There are only two things i'd want in my GT86. Power Steering and Electric Windows. Otherwise forget the stereo, forget the traction control, forget the AC and even forget the back seats! (When i sat in the drivers seat at the Tokyo Motor Show i had it in the best position for me which was right up against the rear seats which then renders them useless anyway so you may as well leave them out).

Im gonna sit back and wait for the supercharged version.

Dont get me wrong... i love the car. But its not worth £25k.

You cant just throw sat nav and leather at it and then expect it to justify a price that is higher than a BMW 1 Series Coupe.

Regardless of the strength of the Yen, they've gotta stick with the original £20k starting price.

Toyota - We dont want leather, we dont want sat nav or anything else that is going to weigh this car down. We want it simple just like the original AE86. Offer all that stuff as optional extras by all means but dont force it on everyone.

There are only two things i'd want in my GT86. Power Steering and Electric Windows. Otherwise forget the stereo, forget the traction control, forget the AC and even forget the back seats! (When i sat in the drivers seat at the Tokyo Motor Show i had it in the best position for me which was right up against the rear seats which then renders them useless anyway so you may as well leave them out).

Im gonna sit back and wait for the supercharged version.

I completely agree with you. I, myself, haven't had the chance to see the GT-86 in the flesh yet and probably won't until Toyota organises the official Launch in June. (I'll be on the staff Launch come May no doubt)

It's what Toyota have been missing for so many years now, a light weight, rear wheel drive, driver's car.

And I do believe this could be it. I'm not complaining too much about it because, like I said, I haven't seen it yet.

What I do know is it will make a killer tuner.

ill be getting sent on the courses for the gt-86 so that might change my mind but my thinking is 25k for a 197bhp sports car i dont think so......so their you are sitting at the lights in your 25k sports car lights go to green BOOM youve just been taken by a corsa vxr and a clio 197........................(which cost around 10k less)how peeved off would you be...

ill be getting sent on the courses for the gt-86 so that might change my mind but my thinking is 25k for a 197bhp sports car i dont think so......so their you are sitting at the lights in your 25k sports car lights go to green BOOM youve just been taken by a corsa vxr and a clio 197........................(which cost around 10k less)how peeved off would you be...

I dunno guys,

I would not class myself as an avid Toyota fan so less biased to them, but I still quite like the GT86 even at 25k. Yes it may be beaten at the lights by a souped up corsa but power is nothing without control and thankfully Toyota seem to have got this with direct sharp steering and handling (Well based on what the reviews are saying) and I for one am happy this is the case.

Mazda got this with the MX5 and RX7 and they were a hoot to drive with the litle power they had. Moreover, I also heard a more extreme version will be on its way but losing none of the sharpness, which may appeal to some of you and certainly does for me.

Cannot wait personally and about time as well. May actually find myself dreaming about owning a toyota again! Not done that since the Supra all those years back as a kid. :thumbsup:

I hear what you're saying. But the MX5 is way cheaper than the GT86. You can get an MX5 with the larger 2.0 engine for only £18k! And you cant take the roof off the 86...

Theres NO way I'd pay 25k for 197bhp motor! My Avensis oil burner could put that kinda out put if I wanted it to. Yer its gonna beat me 0-60 but for that kinda money who cares!

I fear it will be nearer £28k - £30K by the time it has all the toys fitted.

Toyota need to keep it at £25k MAX to be a really good seller.

If it is £28k you'd have to be a fool to choose it over the Nissan 370z which is the same price.

I imagine that Toyota only want to bring 1 version to limit production costs (or make more money!), but is there not room for 2 models?

A basic version with fabric seats and no sat nav for around £22k and the better spec model for £25k :thumbsup:

black rumple....see the bits highlighted which make me think you dont follow cars or are into cars that much....

Mazda got this with the MX5 and RX7 and they were a hoot to drive with the litle power they had. Moreover, I also heard a more extreme version will be on its way but losing none of the sharpness, which may appeal to some of you and certainly does for me.

the reasons

1)rx7 and little power cant be used in the same line......1.3 per rotor=2.6 lrt with two turbos strapped to it....280 bhp

2)mx5 weights nothing and the 1.8 has 146bhp

and it wont be a souped up corsa/clio beating it.....it'll be a standard vxr/197

• 3 weeks later...

If it is £28k you'd have to be a fool to choose it over the Nissan 370z which is the same price.

I agree.... I used to have the 350Z and value gave it great appeal. If the GT86 starts at £25,000 then Toyota will have screwed themselves

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's hardly dear is it! What does 25k actually buy now in 'list price world' a decent spec diesel Avensis? prius?

it would be great if it came in at £20k but its not likely when you're talking more than that for nearly all new hot hatches.

Around £16k in US http://www.scion.com/cars/FR-S/ maybe less equipped, but still....

Well, yeah it is cheaper when you take into consideration the exchange rate at $1.6 for every pound. But remember, people who live in the States earn Dollars not Pounds.

So it's still 24,995 regardless of the currency.

But I see where you're coming from.

This IS going to be 25K in the UK and with a rush of pre-orders, they will sell like hot cakes, I can't see any of them stuck in the showroom unsold

http://blog.toyota.c...e-for-new-gt-86

Kingo :thumbsup:

You're right. They are selling quick. I, myself, have taken 8 orders already mainly all speced up with the Sports Leather and the Touch and Go upgrade.

TBH, I think it's really well speced up anyway. But I'll have to wait until mid June to form a true opinion, I get to go round Donnington in the GT 86 and the Yaris Hybrid. Not too worried by the Yaris Hybrid, but interesting nonetheless.

So what price are buyers currently ordering their GT86s at?

My local Toyota dealer when specced up a manual GT86 with leather and mettalic paint (£1600+450), added this on to the ballpark £25k and totalled £27,000. Then proceeded to tell me no discount was available fullstop. And after prolonged discussion, no deal of any sort could be struck, eg to offer a discount, discount against an option, first service free, discount if HP rather than cash was used, etc Even had the salesman back and forth to the sales manager several times. I even used the phrase, if something can be done to ease back the cost, I'll sign today and leave a 10% deposit now.

I was simply told every Toyota dealer will offer this right now with no discount of any kind will be offered. Right now I'm struggling with this concept. Surely a dealership wont turn away a customer verbally waving a chequebook at them?

The thing is as well, if the deal was "right", I genuinely would have bought one there and then.

So what price are buyers currently ordering their GT86s at?

My local Toyota dealer when specced up a manual GT86 with leather and mettalic paint (£1600+450), added this on to the ballpark £25k and totalled £27,000. Then proceeded to tell me no discount was available fullstop. And after prolonged discussion, no deal of any sort could be struck, eg to offer a discount, discount against an option, first service free, discount if HP rather than cash was used, etc Even had the salesman back and forth to the sales manager several times. I even used the phrase, if something can be done to ease back the cost, I'll sign today and leave a 10% deposit now.

I was simply told every Toyota dealer will offer this right now with no discount of any kind will be offered. Right now I'm struggling with this concept. Surely a dealership wont turn away a customer verbally waving a chequebook at them?

The thing is as well, if the deal was "right", I genuinely would have bought one there and then.

That is right, no Centre can give discount on the GT 86 in any form. The price for a GT 86 in manual is £27,045 and that is the price customers are buying at. Even on the extras, there's no movements from Toyota and that's just it, it's from Toyota not the individual Dealer Centre.

When you say if the deal is "right", what is that?

Do you mean to through in anything? Or is it mainly pricing?

(I'm not trying to close you lol Just interested to hear what people are thinking on price.)