Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Price

PaulinhoT

I understand the pricing concept as it's a new model. But surely a dealer would he able to do "something" for me, to get me to buy from them, rather than their competitor dealership "down the road". Even if it was throw in mats, first service free, rebate on road tax, etc.

The dealership has given me absolutely no incentive to buy from him, rather than a competitor Toyota dealership. At this point, it's 100% personal opinion, down to even how tidy the forecourt is, etc, etc. Not a sound commercial basis to incentivise a customer to place an order.

As I'd said a strange concept apparently. But I'm interested to know what other buyers have experienced.

So what price are buyers currently ordering their GT86s at?

My local Toyota dealer when specced up a manual GT86 with leather and mettalic paint (£1600+450), added this on to the ballpark £25k and totalled £27,000. Then proceeded to tell me no discount was available fullstop. And after prolonged discussion, no deal of any sort could be struck, eg to offer a discount, discount against an option, first service free, discount if HP rather than cash was used, etc Even had the salesman back and forth to the sales manager several times. I even used the phrase, if something can be done to ease back the cost, I'll sign today and leave a 10% deposit now.

I was simply told every Toyota dealer will offer this right now with no discount of any kind will be offered. Right now I'm struggling with this concept. Surely a dealership wont turn away a customer verbally waving a chequebook at them?

The thing is as well, if the deal was "right", I genuinely would have bought one there and then.

That is right, no Centre can give discount on the GT 86 in any form. The price for a GT 86 in manual is £27,045 and that is the price customers are buying at. Even on the extras, there's no movements from Toyota and that's just it, it's from Toyota not the individual Dealer Centre.

When you say if the deal is "right", what is that?

Do you mean to through in anything? Or is it mainly pricing?

(I'm not trying to close you lol Just interested to hear what people are thinking on price.)

What's your thoughts on getting a buyer to order with you, rather than another Toyota dealer "down the road"?

So what price are buyers currently ordering their GT86s at?

My local Toyota dealer when specced up a manual GT86 with leather and mettalic paint (£1600+450), added this on to the ballpark £25k and totalled £27,000. Then proceeded to tell me no discount was available fullstop. And after prolonged discussion, no deal of any sort could be struck, eg to offer a discount, discount against an option, first service free, discount if HP rather than cash was used, etc Even had the salesman back and forth to the sales manager several times. I even used the phrase, if something can be done to ease back the cost, I'll sign today and leave a 10% deposit now.

I was simply told every Toyota dealer will offer this right now with no discount of any kind will be offered. Right now I'm struggling with this concept. Surely a dealership wont turn away a customer verbally waving a chequebook at them?

The thing is as well, if the deal was "right", I genuinely would have bought one there and then.

That is right, no Centre can give discount on the GT 86 in any form. The price for a GT 86 in manual is £27,045 and that is the price customers are buying at. Even on the extras, there's no movements from Toyota and that's just it, it's from Toyota not the individual Dealer Centre.

When you say if the deal is "right", what is that?

Do you mean to through in anything? Or is it mainly pricing?

(I'm not trying to close you lol Just interested to hear what people are thinking on price.)

What's your thoughts on getting a buyer to order with you, rather than another Toyota dealer "down the road"?

C, I'm always interested in. PM me with your requirements and I will see what it is that I can do. :thumbsup:

Looks like £27k take it or leave it. And currently deliveries in August to dealers.

I wish I had a Toyota dealer willing to sell me a GT86, showing they could do it better than their competitor. even if they couldn't move on price, offer me some other incentive to place an order with them...

If so, they'd have my name there and then. Plus a deposit of course!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links