Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Xt5 Extra's

flyboyprowler

Having read the very informative article on model history from anchorman, I am now looking for a VVTi XT5 auto, but can any one tell me when the last XT5's rolled out as I want the sun roof. Also was there a list of available extras for this car. I am also considering a Lexus RX 400, but an older model due price. Any comments as to the pros and cons of either would be appreciated. I am a low mileage user, as we spend a lot of time in Spain and the new car will sit, alone in the garage while we are away!! Many thanks and a Happy and safe New Year to all. Ainsley

By rx400, do you mean the hybrid one? The standards were 300's I think.

I have an xt5 on a 56plate and my father had a RX400h for 3 years to this past March. I drive it plenty, taking it on holiday camping etc and can safely say that it is a much better car inside than the rav. Then you would expect it for a £40k car, compared to a £25k one from the same people! It is marginally larger in length and width and this shows if you ever go 5 up. The rav is a bit cramped with 3 in the back. The toys on the Lexus are very nice, especially the Mark Levinson audio/DVD player.

I actually only bought the Rav as i loved the old man's Lexus so much but didn't want to risk a hybrid out of warranty and couldn't afford one new enough to still be in warranty, so in my eyes an xt5 was the closest thing spec wise and for the right price.

Hope that helps...

What exact features were you looking for? My 57 plate XTR has a sunroof, so I presume it's not just that?! I suppose the XTR's a fair bit cheaper than an XT5, so therefore you'd get a newer one.

Dave

Thanks so much for the replies. We have actually considered hiring when we come home, but I like my cars, and a Fiesta doesn't fit the bill! I have got used to the "toys" on my BMW, which is why I like the look of the XT5. I appreciate the comparison of the two cars, I could buy a 55 or 56 plate Lexus, for only a little more than a 58 59 plate RAV. I agree, a little bit chalk and cheese, but I love the RAV we have in Spain, it is perfect for where we live, but a Lexus may be nice to come home to, just wonder what the ultimate depreciation would be! Thanks again