Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Are There Any Fuelly Experts On Here?

Habu

I need some advice from a Fuelly expert. I know there's loads of you out there. Here's my problem: I've set myself up, added the car, clicked on UK mpg but when I add my entry it's appox 10mpg more than I'm calculating it at. For example, today I filled up and put 2.7 gallons in and had covered 129 miles since the last fill up. I make that 47.7mpg but Fuelly is making it 58mpg. Am i missing something really obvious?

cheers

Peter

Edit: I think i may have sussed it now. I changed my reporting units to litres and my mpg has gone to where it should be - 48mpg.

You put 2.7 GALLONS in it??? Would it not be easier to use the number of litres put in and eliminate the risk of coversion from litres to gallons?

Kingo :thumbsup:

That could be it. For fuelly, you put in miles travelled, litres of fuel, and price in pounds per litre (optional). The UK option only affects the displayed MPG figures.

Just looking at your FUELLY in your signature says you are doing 48 NOT 58

Just looking at your FUELLY in your signature says you are doing 48 NOT 58

it was showing 58 for some reason but has changed to 48 after I made the change on Fuelly.. The conversion to mpg is a hang up from having to always work in gallons before we started using litres. :0

That could be it. For fuelly, you put in miles travelled, litres of fuel, and price in pounds per litre (optional). The UK option only affects the displayed MPG figures.

Yeah, that's were I was going wrong before. I wasn't using the litres of fuel bit. But everything is ok now, thanks. Now to get it into the mid-high 50's.

Hi Habu,

Sorry to go off subject, but how are you getting on with the Lexus? Better ride quality or handling?Just curious to know whether the prius has much room for improvement.

Hi Habu,

Sorry to go off subject, but how are you getting on with the Lexus? Better ride quality or handling?Just curious to know whether the prius has much room for improvement.

Try the Bye Bye Gen 3 thread for a nice early progress so far...

Bye Bye Gen 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links