Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Condensation In Boot

DazT180

Has anyone else had a problem with what seems to be condensation in the boot, under the carpet, it must b condensation because there is no visable sign where the water is coming from! Can anyone help?

Has anyone else had a problem with what seems to be condensation in the boot, under the carpet, it must b condensation because there is no visable sign where the water is coming from! Can anyone help?

I had this on going problem traced to rear light seals and clip mounting hole water would run down rear panel and make corner of boot insert wet hence excessive condensation took three attemps to fix ,ended up applying tetrostat to body work ,fault rectified remove boot trims and apply talc powder to panels to show trace of water

Hi Daz, I had a problem with water in the boot yup, this was rectified by Mr T under warranty. I believe the dealer replaced (or added) two rubber thingies with modified parts (not sure what or where), replaced both rear light seals and replaced the boot seal. The problem has not re-appeared since.

I am pretty sure this was a fairly common warranty claim problem and there are other posts in the forum relating to it, might be worth searching some older posts for info.

Hi Darren,

I have just posted a similar point myself, on my car the boot is filling with water along with soaking mats and condensation in the car!

I guess we are both waiting for advice from the forum guys.

Fingers crossed.

Best wishes

Paul

had the same problem on driver's side, the dealer said it was the vents in the boot & replaced both under warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

hi there

i had the same and it was the vents in the boot mr toyota found this and it has been fine and dry since

skid