Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla T Sport Compressor Viewing

morgie

Hi all,

Hope you're all having a good Christmas break.

I had a look at a Corolla T Sport Compressor today. The drive was nice, could definitely feel more of an even spread of power. The car looked to be in good condition too, but I'm not convinced I want to move from my standard facelift TS for it. I have a few questions that I'm sure can be quickly answered here:

1.) Is the engine strut brace significantly beefier that the one in the FL T Sport, no branding on it either?

2.) Is the spare wheel meant to be the standard T Sport alloy spoke style rather than the Compressor style? (Having said that - aren't they different sizes?)

3.) One garage receipt had extremely bad hand writing, it looked like it was for some repair work including the Fuel rail and rear injector seals being replaced. Also included a few "clips". Any common issues causing the fuel rail to need replacing or thoughts on why this may have been needed?

Cheers for any help. I'll take the chance to wish everyone all the best for 2012 now!

i'm pretty sure the standard t-sport wheel is 16" but the compressor had 17" wheels fitted

Thanks guys. Unless I'm missing the point - isn't that a bit of an issue - how would you fit the spare 16" T Sport wheel to the car when all your others are 17"?

The strut brace on it looks right, just compared it to some others on Autotrader, thanks.

its cos the first ones that arrive had tsport wheels on so they was used as the spares and the later ones had steel wheels on so they had to give you a comppressor wheel

Think this one was registered early in '06 and was original a demo car at the Toyota garage, so makes sense that it had the T Sport spare then.

Any thoughts on point 3 in my original post?

pulsation damper on the fuel rail may have been faulty. they would have replaced the rail rather than the damper. When doing that, the O rings have to be changed.

nrgizer - thanks. Do you know if that's a common fault?

etihad - no, it was a Thunder Grey one down south. Do you know the red one?

Common faults on the compressor seem to be leaking shocks and broken exhausts, they are both very costly to replace, you will need to replace these with aftermarket parts if you want to avoid a repeat problem. Also you'll need to keep an eye on the S/C oil as it will use a bit over time and if it runs dry then BANG! The oil is about £80 for a litre but that should last you a little while. Also bear in mind it will do 20-25mpg and only run 98 octane plus.

Other than that they are gorgeous cars :)

Thanks for the extra info reidy.

...bear in mind it will do 20-25mpg...

Yeah, I automatically tried to check the trip computer in the car to see what it was averaging....soon reminded myself that 'function' is not available for Compressor owners :closedeyes:

I suspect a lot of owners get low MPG's because they can't resist using the mid range clout whenever possible, especially if you've stepped up from a standard T sport. For me though, stage 2 cams are the way forward :)

nrgizer - thanks. Do you know if that's a common fault?

etihad - no, it was a Thunder Grey one down south. Do you know the red one?

Well it was for sale at toyota in Sheffield. Sold within 3 days of it been there, was cheaply priced.

Common faults on the compressor seem to be leaking shocks and broken exhausts, they are both very costly to replace, you will need to replace these with aftermarket parts if you want to avoid a repeat problem. Also you'll need to keep an eye on the S/C oil as it will use a bit over time and if it runs dry then BANG! The oil is about £80 for a litre but that should last you a little while. Also bear in mind it will do 20-25mpg and only run 98 octane plus.

Other than that they are gorgeous cars :)

all true. My shocks were replaced with new ones one of them has destroyed its self within a space of 5 months. Its under warranty so hasnt cost me anything. am pushing for TRD Coilovers, as there are none of the oem shockers available anymore, and warranty company paying for them i just need a definite answer they cant get anymore of the original ones.

I have custom exhaust, happy with that.

The supercharger job is a 30min job, what's actually annoying is that the gasket is now discontinued!

And its only v-power and more like 18-20mpg :P

I suspect a lot of owners get low MPG's because they can't resist using the mid range clout whenever possible, especially if you've stepped up from a standard T sport. For me though, stage 2 cams are the way forward :)

Me too, maybe we could get discount if both done at the same time :thumbsup:

Maybe, it would work out cheaper in the sense that there will be an overnight stay involved (In Coventry)

Maybe, it would work out cheaper in the sense that there will be an overnight stay involved (In Coventry)

Or subikhorpe!! >>> the swear filter seems to be blocking this Scu thorpe...

didn't realise how much I love my cams until I came up against another T sport

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links