Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Part Number For Scuttle Plate Screw Plugs

Molnboman

Third time I have been to Mr T's looking for replacement screws for the scuttle plate below the offside windscreen for access to the Battery and third time they have ordered the wrong yokes!

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where I can purchase the three replacement screws?...ebay etc....or even the correct part number to order.

Thanks in advance

A

There was a thread back in August (Clips) which said short ones 90467 07195 and the long one 90467 07194. Do you mean clips rather than screws?

There was a thread back in August (Clips) which said short ones 90467 07195 and the long one 90467 07194. Do you mean clips rather than screws?

Hey....well I guess you can call them clips...they have a slotted top to enable you to unscrew/lift them from the scuttle plate. under the head they have two lugs which sit in the two holes in the scuttle plate at each hole. Mine are well worn out and thought it would be a good idea to try and replace them...but it's beginning to be a bit of a pain...and the poor Toyota spares lads are getting hacked off....they even gave me a box of spares to try on my car ouitside the showroom and none were correct!

Didn't think it would eb that difficult to be fair!

Cheers

A

I think I have found them on Fleabay!

That's a lovely margin they are making on 6 small bits of plastic! Pffffff!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-RAV4-BATTERY-COVER-CLIPS-SET-SIX-/110638299890?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19c28e7af2#ht_500wt_949

chhers

A

Nice spot. Aren't you in Sweden? The 2 exploded diagrams to me seem to refer to RHD and LHD cars but I may be wrong. So if you are and are saying the Battery is on the offside which is the UK nearside then I suspect it is the parts ending in 2 and 3 for you. Surely they are the same clips on both models? Having said that , not sure why a UK main toyota dealer would have a pic of a LHD drive car on eBay unless it's for orders from abroad.

They look similar but they are not the same. Actually, my local garage gave me some of the smaller ones ( think they are Subarus ) but they are too small to fit. Also, below the slotted head ( to use with a coin to lift them up...alledgedly ) are two lugs which slot into the holes in the Battery cover/scuttle plate holes.

Gawd....who would have thought that they would be so hard to find...

Cheers

A

Nice spot. Aren't you in Sweden? The 2 exploded diagrams to me seem to refer to RHD and LHD cars but I may be wrong. So if you are and are saying the battery is on the offside which is the UK nearside then I suspect it is the parts ending in 2 and 3 for you. Surely they are the same clips on both models? Having said that , not sure why a UK main toyota dealer would have a pic of a LHD drive car on ebay unless it's for orders from abroad.

Yes...I am 55kms South of Stockholm. I am pretty sure they will be the same for both RHD and LHD's...the Battery is on the( offisde ) left hand side lookig at the car from the front.

Cheers

A

Yes...I am 55kms South of Stockholm. I am pretty sure they will be the same for both RHD and LHD's...the battery is on the( offisde ) left hand side lookig at the car from the front.

The Battery on mine here in the UK is on the nearside (ie pavement side when driving) and therefore on the right when you look into the engine bay from in front of the vehicle so that is why I am confused. I agree with you about getting the right bits , a tenner is cheap at Mr T's! Can you buy a beer for that in Sweden? I was in Norway back in the mid 90's and it was £4 then , glad I wasn't paying! One of the clips is longer than the others so that is why I would prefer the original items.

Yes...I am 55kms South of Stockholm. I am pretty sure they will be the same for both RHD and LHD's...the battery is on the( offisde ) left hand side lookig at the car from the front.

The Battery on mine here in the UK is on the nearside (ie pavement side when driving) and therefore on the right when you look into the engine bay from in front of the vehicle so that is why I am confused. I agree with you about getting the right bits , a tenner is cheap at Mr T's! Can you buy a beer for that in Sweden? I was in Norway back in the mid 90's and it was £4 then , glad I wasn't paying! One of the clips is longer than the others so that is why I would prefer the original items.

Hehehe Thanks....aye the Nowegians come over to Sweden for a cheap night out! 5-7 quid a pint over there!...Here it's around £3.5 for a beer....but you can pay North of £7 if you go clubbing it...but those days are truly behind me now!....too busy trying to afford parts for my Rav now! hahaha...See pic link below ....this is why I need to buy a 4x4!..My house in 2009 year....since buying the Rav we have had the mildest winter in 250years!...pffff typical aint it!

Cheers

A

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.325345172691.153048.658552691&type=1&l=e16133d1ad

Just dug out my UK Haynes manual which shows pics of the engine bay on a LHD model but not the UK RHD one! (don't tell Anchs) and the Battery is on the other side to mine.

On a different subject I recall you mentioning the lovely Swedish ladies. When we were in Norway on a training course one of the guys said to the lecturer something along the lines of how pretty many of the Norwegian females were and that they dressed nicely. The reply went along the lines of it's even better in Sweden! I remember that thread (if slightly OT) but didn't reply at the time. That's proper snow not what the softies in the south get. :yahoo:

Just dug out my UK Haynes manual which shows pics of the engine bay on a LHD model but not the UK RHD one! (don't tell Anchs) and the battery is on the other side to mine.

On a different subject I recall you mentioning the lovely Swedish ladies. When we were in Norway on a training course one of the guys said to the lecturer something along the lines of how pretty many of the Norwegian females were and that they dressed nicely. The reply went along the lines of it's even better in Sweden! I remember that thread (if slightly OT) but didn't reply at the time. That's proper snow not what the softies in the south get. :yahoo:

Better in Sweden?...Can't think why....maybe more women...if you really want an eyeful go over to Finland and the Baltic States....Baltic / Latvian women I think are amazing eye candy and the best lookers in the world!..hahaha....did I just say that?

Yes, the snow is amazing here....lasy year it started to snow on October the 23rd...and didn't stop until May 6th.....I kid you not!......Borrheid was never like that!haha

Hehehe Thanks....aye the Nowegians come over to Sweden for a cheap night out! 5-7 quid a pint over there!...Here it's around £3.5 for a beer....but you can pay North of £7 if you go clubbing it...but those days are truly behind me now!....too busy trying to afford parts for my Rav now! hahaha...See pic link below ....this is why I need to buy a 4x4!..My house in 2009 year....since buying the Rav we have had the mildest winter in 250years!...pffff typical aint it!

Cheers

A

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.325345172691.153048.658552691&type=1&l=e16133d1ad

In that green jacket and woolly hat you don't look old enough to buy beer...........

Cheers

A

In that green jacket and woolly hat you don't look old enough to buy beer...........

That's the cold climate....keeps you preserved....am actually younger looking than that now!hehehe

• 8 years later...
26 minutes ago, Mike Caine said:

It is an eight year old fopic, so hopefully the OP would have solved their issue by now.