Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Snow Socks

rambler

As per title.....

Considering buying some for works transit luton,keeping an eye on the weather during Jan / Feb for snow forecast.

The guv won't buy them :angry: but if it aids my progress when / if i have to deliver & gets me back to yard....then i'm all for them.

They won't last 5 minutes on anything but soft snow so if you buy anything buy chains.

I thought it was illegal to use chains here?

I liked the idea of the snow socks, but really, as said in previous post, they won't last very long if you find patches of no snow. Only really good if the snow is bad.

I bought some last winter for my Qashqai when I got fed up not being able to get out the driveway (very frustrating considering the previous year, the RAV4.2 just ignored the snow and carried on as if it were not there.

With the Autosocks (I got the 'official' Autosocks rather then the copies) I was able to drive successfully to gt to the main road and also to drive up a sheet-ice road which without the socks the Qashqai was just spinning its wheels trying.

I would have no hesitation in recommending them, especially if your journey is not one you want to put off.

I bought Mrs P a pair of the Autosocks last year for the Meriva we had,after them been recommended by a friend who swears by em.

But we never got to use em and they are still in the packaging.

Not sure what happened to my long reply to other comments, but in short, I drove a total of over 50 miles with mine (not all in one go of course!) in snow, ice and variable roads where the ice came and went (so left on for the duration) and the wear was minimal.

Like anything, different makes will probably wear at different rates - the Autosocks worked great.

We've got one Transit Luton amongst our fleet. Tbh the most trouble we had was with a Renault Midlum which ploughed into a 10" snow covered road.

Mind you we tend to carry loads up to capacity which helps.

Well....our " Graham " the plumbers merchants transits are almost new,oldest is 57 plate,i've noticed traction control button on the dash,we have 3 of them & a ldv luton (Fwd).

I am starting a new hours contract tomorrow ,and should be driving all week,Colchester,Maidstone,Greenwich,hertfordshire ,then back to Colchester ,all in 7 hours or under.....not looking forward to it.Leaving yard once loaded approx 9am...take it from there.

When i leave the yard fully laden (they just about grip)with all the weight,boilers,rads,baths.....but when its empty you just spin & spin...so could be in herts in snow,and struggle getting back :angry: before 5pm

Tbh.....the Ldv is better when its empty,but rarely get the chance to drive it.

I may even get lucky and be on the trade counter serving all the plumbers in the area,instead of out and about.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links