Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recommended Mods For That Bit Extra Poke?!

TomTS

Any ideas on what i could add to my car to give it a bit more power?

Already got k&n typhoon and an aftermarket cat back exhaust.

Cheers guys

New ECU? (serious money though)

Stage 2 cams for a stronger mid range?

Ditch the rear seats?

:)

Lol my mate said to ditch the seats aswell leather ones are quite heavy!!

Where can you get the cams from as i was really after the mid range as the lift is fine for me :D

Yep i thought about ECU but as you say lot of money as you cant remap the standard one :(

An ECU would make the most out of your existing mods but its a proper expensive ordeal

Se7en Motorsports offer stage 2 cams fitted for £650, they work with your stock ECU and give you a stronger mid range

My mate Luke has just had a set fitted to his TS, I'll point him to this thread so he can give you a bit more info :thumbsup:

Yeah i would go down that route but not just yeat havent got the pocketmoney for an ECU yet :( haha.

That aint a bad price to be fair i may look at getting that done do you know how much power increase you can gain from the cams?

Yeah point him this way if you would mate :thumbsup:

With the stock ECU you probably wont gain much, if anything really. The gains are made throughout the power band whilst maintaining peak power at the top end

Take a look at this graph, these cams are similar

Green is Horsepower, Blue is Torque. Both are measured at the wheels

Dotted line = stock

Solid line = stage 2

Massive improvement from 4000rpm onwards, look at the 20bhp increase at 6000rpm.

ST2vsSTK-Stock.jpg

That is still a improvement though isnt it you would feel the difference but like you said with stock ECU wont be as much of an improvment, i am going too look into getting the cams done and probably the ECU in future.

Bolt on turbo kit :D lol

Luke has just text me he's raced his brother who has a stock TS in 3rd gear from 3k to redline and he was 2 car lengths ahead, so definitely an improvement yeah

No bolt on turbo kits for RHD corolla's :(

Rotrex is the way forward though :lol:

Oh has he really that is a big difference that is even more tempting me now :thumbsup:

Lol i know i read up about the turbo kits and couldnt find anything anyway disapointing but they would be expensive.

How much are the rotrex? They sound nicccce!

That guy did it himself (search for the "CTS Supercharger" topic in the corolla club forum.

Se7en motorsport offer this setup for about £4.5k, a few celicas are running this

bang for buck mods that I can testify work:

Fuel Pump £80

Decat £100? (I bought a second hand exhaust and chopped the cat out)

Polishing the inlet manifold £?? Cost of sandpaper and time to get the rough casting nice and smooth. I would leave the area around the fuel injectors because you need a bit of turbulence to aid mixing.

ECUs:

Piggyback £400-500

Dastek/AEM FIC/Greddy Emanage, these will intercept the ECU signals and allow you to put a bit more fuel in etc. I think you could get about 20PS with the right mods. The big limitation is the inability to advance ignition timing for more power.

Fully Standalone £1000

AEM/OMEX/Apexi etc. On the Corolla you will need to do a parallel install because the power steering and various dash gauges require the factory ECU. This setup is fully tunable and you'll get whatever power there is to be had by doing it.

I went down the fully standalone route, I have added 110PS to the car.

NRG is it possible for you to estimate or do a rough timing on 0-60 on your car?

mmm... This is a guess but it can comfortably do it in 6 seconds, probably faster than that. I haven't had a dry day where I can totally plant it yet.

The car will max out in 6th gear, ie it will do 160mph.

mmm... This is a guess but it can comfortably do it in 6 seconds, probably faster than that. I haven't had a dry day where I can totally plant it yet.

I'd guess at 5 seconds or less

So with all the mods you listed there NRG you managed to add 110ps yeah?

Yeah 5 seconds easy

The cost I came to for changing the ECU for a standalone (Apexi) was

Apexi PFC - £1000 delivered inc import taxes

Harness - £350

Mapping and tuning - £400 (4 x Hours @ £100p/h)

Total £1750+

Those are just my estimates btw

Adding a supercharger obviously changes things a bit but unless you can do all the custom fabrication yourself, you need really deep pockets :lol:

Wow thats a lot of money for an ecu change lol my pockets dont go that deep!

you're best of trying the exhaust and intake along with the polishing and cams if you wanted to. but i think from all that i've read at my time here this engine is highly tuned from factory as it is, it's difficult to get more power out of whilst keeping it naturally aspirated.

NRG i reckon you'd get 5.5s or even less on good tyres dry weather with a decent start and optimum gear changes

You can extract more power from the 2zzge, its just not cheap to do it :lol:

There's a guy on celica club spending £6k on his cylinder head to make maximum power NA

You can extract more power from the 2zzge, its just not cheap to do it :lol:

There's a guy on celica club spending £6k on his cylinder head to make maximum power NA

Link?

I'm talking ****, it wasn't on celica club (It probably will be on a celica however)

Quote from the other side

Luke, the head is built ready to drop on mate, but you have the cams so knock £400 off that price Saying that im doing alot more machine work to the heads now days with better results, and Feb we are doing a fully built NA engine that is having everything we could think of doing to the head (The guy is spending £6000 just on the head)

Come feb my car will be going on the rolling road along with another group of rolla owners. I'll have k&n typhoon, cams and a cat back so it will be interesting to see what the figures are.

Feels faster tho.

I would be tempted to install the stage 2 cams on a compressor.

It would certainly be interesting, if they work your mid range would be epic :)

Looking to start a group buy on the other channel, I'm gauging interest off the facebook page