Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D.m.f. Conversion Kit For Corolla Verso D-4D

Mikeinho

Hello all.

I'm looking to buy an '03 Verso D-4D. It has 100K on the clock, but looks in pretty good condition.

The only thing that worries me is the dreaded DMF (dual mass flywheel). I've already had a Legacy with a DMF which I had converted to a solid flywheel (and new clutch kit).

Question: is there a DMF conversion kit available for the Verso D-4D. If so, who supplies these? (links if possible)

Any info is very much appreciated. Cheers!

kits probably exist and i considered changing to solid fly wheel on my corolla 2.0d4d but end of the day it's there for a good reason and it improves the drive of the car a lot. without the dmf all the vibration it soaks up comes through the clutch into your foot and makes the car not as nice to drive or be passenger in. i went with a dmf and new clutch kit in the end.

kits probably exist and i considered changing to solid fly wheel on my corolla 2.0d4d but end of the day it's there for a good reason and it improves the drive of the car a lot. without the dmf all the vibration it soaks up comes through the clutch into your foot and makes the car not as nice to drive or be passenger in. i went with a dmf and new clutch kit in the end.

Sure, I knew that already... but reliability over a tiny annoyance everytime for me.

Thanks for your help... oh no, wait... "kits probably exist"... you didn't help.

Bored were we by any chance 'top poster'?

sorry for attempting to provide you with some proper advice and share my experiences, it won't be my gearbox that could fail.

to answer your question yes those SMF conversion kits exist and yes i know where you can buy one, but since i'm not very bored at the moment i won't tell you.

good day. :)

• Like 1

Sure, I knew that already... but reliability over a tiny annoyance everytime for me.

Thanks for your help... oh no, wait... "kits probably exist"... you didn't help.

I often suffer from the occasional "Pointless Answer" however you didn't encounter this here - your reaction was unjust and you have slated someone who believe it or not many quite like around here.

As a more useful note - how about trying sending a message to "Parts-King". If anyone is going to be able to find something compatible it's him.

Two minutes of searching found this Solid Flywheel Tell you what though, being told the engine capacity or code would have been very helpful indeed, but that's what I can give with the little information I have.

Hope this helps,

KP

• Like 3

I often suffer from the occasional "Pointless Answer" however you didn't encounter this here - your reaction was unjust and you have slated someone who believe it or not many quite like around here.

As a more useful note - how about trying sending a message to "Parts-King". If anyone is going to be able to find something compatible it's him.

Two minutes of searching found this Solid Flywheel Tell you what though, being told the engine capacity or code would have been very helpful indeed, but that's what I can give with the little information I have.

Hope this helps,

KP

Thanks for the link KP. Much obliged. I realise my mistake now... I put the word 'Verso' in my search whilst on eBay the other week. Sorted now thanks to your genuine helpfulness.

Are you paying attention D4D? That's how you answer a post!

Good luck with your piece of crap DMF.

"If you fail to prepare... prepare to fail" - Benjamin Franklin.

Hope this helps,

KP

Thanks for the link KP. Much obliged. I realise my mistake now... I put the word 'Verso' in my search whilst on eBay the other week. Sorted now thanks to your genuine helpfulness.

Are you paying attention D4D? That's how you answer a post!

Good luck with your piece of crap DMF.

"If you fail to prepare... prepare to fail" - Benjamin Franklin.

Idiot

• Like 2

I know you are... but what am I? At least I'm not wasting my hard earned cash on ****y boy-racer upgrades. Grow up son!

I know you are... but what am I? At least I'm not wasting my hard earned cash on ****y boy-racer upgrades. Grow up son!

I'll have a go at answering your question fella.

It seems to me that you want to pointlessly "modify" the clutch of a motor you haven't even bought or driven yet, undoubtedly making it worse to use all because you believe the dual-mass flywheel is less reliable than a solid one. You're asking this, even when you have already had a conversion job done on a previous motor - so one would have thought you might have a clue about how to find out this information yourself!

What makes you believe this "improvement" to your car is any more valid or relevant than the EXTENSIVE work KP or Luke have done modify their CTS?

You're a touchy, internet forum troll who it seems loves to disagree and belittle people answering your pointless questions on here, most likely because as a man, you are hopelessly inadequate.

What makes you think you can talk to people like that after your 7th post?

You sir, are the one that needs to grow up.

• Like 2

Gaz you there mate?

Fancy Locking this thread? haha

He's still outside Ewood Park shouting for Steve Keans head at the mo :lol:

Just remove the posts that aren't relevant and alter the offensive ones, may as well salvage the useful info in it.

KP

• Like 1

thank you guys for the back-up there. ok i say many controversial things on here (the t-sport being pants springs to mind) but i ALWAYS try my best to not disrespect anyone and to at least be polite even if i disagree with a post.

with regards to the solid flywheel conversion: i considered this for my own car however it was either luck or fate but at the parts shop a guy asked if i was buying a solid conversion and i said yes. he told me how his car had a solid conversion and the bearing on the input shaft failed (from what i remember) and this was due to the solid flywheel not soaking up the added vibration from the diesel engine. his gearbox subsequently needed a strip down and refurb.

looking back i'm glad i went for the DMF (as many on here advised me), car is smooth, clutch is nice and light and drives smoothly.

this guy slating me and KP and anyone else with modifications to their car is probably suffering from some kind of mental inadequacy, hence why they are trying to throw their weight around on the internet, keyboard warriors i call them hehe :)

• Like 1

Internet-Warrior-500x400.jpg

Haha ain`t that true, they seem to be breeding like !Removed! rabbits too :lol:

D4D, you need to check your PM's mate :lol:

I support the comments made in this topic, Mikeinho, you need to grow up mate

sad_face.jpg

Stop p-p-p-picking on me!!! You big bullies!!!

ubik sake... all I asked about was a !Removed! bit of kit.

Anyway, ended up buying a petrol. Thanks for all the wonderful comments chaps!

guys just so you are aware, mikeinho has PM'd me an apology which i just read before posting this.

• Like 1

Stop p-p-p-picking on me!!! You big bullies!!!

ubik sake... all I asked about was a bloody bit of kit.

Anyway, ended up buying a petrol. Thanks for all the wonderful comments chaps!

who-give-a-fuck.jpg