Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charliefarlies Guide To The Toyota 2Ad Diesel Engine And Its Issues.

CharlieFarlie

Hi!

I´m a new member here, but i have been a member in fintoys.net club here in Finland for 3,5years.

I have 2008 Corolla Verso 2AD-FHV and i have some problems with it now.

Has anyone any ideas for this problem in below:

Car is running nice and not spend too much fuel, but the starting when temperature goes under -0 celsius. I't just cranks and cranks but doesn't start. Only way i can get it started is to heat the commonrail pump with heatblower about 15-30mins. Then it starts nice and works fine, OR yesterday car started nice, i drove it about 1,5km and check engine light lighted up and motor takes only 1500rpm, about 45sec and it stalls and lids VCS and TRC lights. Techstream says P0093 large fuel leak and VSC/TRC says P1271? Engine ECU.

Car has new valeo startmotor, new original glow plugs. Now i changed SCV from another pump, but no help what so ever. Fuelfilter is changed in 1/15 too, but no help. I have examined car with Techstream and all values seems to be fine, injectors correct values are -1,1 0,8 0,5 -0,2 so they are ok.

These problems have bee over a month, next i will try another Fuel temperature sensor in the commonrail pump if it helps. Or any ideas for this? Anyone have this problem too?

Your car is most likely suffering from a faulty SCV there is a modified SCV and new Engine control unit software to fix this, P0093 is also likely to be caused by a faulty SCV both issues are subject to bulletins from Toyota and the fix for both is a new Modified SCV and Updated software to prevent the issue.

Bulletin reference for cold start issue = EG-0144T-1210 ( 180 version 2ADFHV only )

Bulletin referance for P0093 = EG-0044T-0310

The fact that by heating the fuel you can start the car follows with the fault pattern of the faulty SCV, the issue is caused by a Fault where scratches form on the valve internals this increases friction inside the valve an along with fuel that thickens when cold causes the valve to stick;

Stuck Closed = poor cold start after extended cranking or when running P0088 "fuel pressue too high"

Stuck Open = sudden drop in fuel pressure which the car thinks is a fuel leak resulting in P0093 "large fuel leak detected"

The modified valve has been redesigned to prevent scratching and to run at a higher cranking fuel pressure and the modified software has been created to allow the higher fuel pressure on cold start.

Both issue could be caused by other issues as well but the bulletins above contain diagnostic instructions on how to confirm the cause of the fault before fitting the new SCV

Part number of the modified SCV for a Verso = 04226-26020

updated Software version should be minimum of 30F3600 or higher. ( Verso 180 only )

HI!

The SCV was the problem what i was wondering, but there is another scv on place right now and no changes. The software is uptated with 30F09700. Fuel pressure in idling was littlebit higher with another scv (from 220tkm driven adfhv) than the original. But would broken fuel temperature sensor cause these problems too? That i will try to change today, if it not helps, i actually dont no what to do. Shall i try the another commonrail pump or what.

Here is screen from techstream, if somebody can tell me is there something "abnormal".

These srcreen was taken in with original scv and there was -20 temp outside

post-146437-0-87132400-1423465552_thumb.post-146437-0-17576000-1423465564_thumb.

And where i can find those bulletins?

Could it be something as simple as an air leak?

Diesel1.

Probably not an air leak.

Engine started to twitch for 2-3 seconds and then it stalled. I tried to start and it started, the same thing started again for 3 times, techstream was in place and anything special was seeing. Then it stopped again and won't start at all. No troublecodes, diesel is flowing good from fuelfilter to pump, whatta ?

Injection pump dead? Driver injection box? I don't know, gotta sleep over night and figure out tomorrow.

Good damn.