Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Management Code P1386

maanse

No one?

Ok, I just had the car back from the garage after having the smoke problem (constant white smoke bursts from exhaust between 2000rpm and 3000rpm) checked again by my own independent garage, and they checked the fault code too. They think it is down to the dpf trying and failing to re-gen and have advised me to go to main stealer.

Does that sound like i need the dpf replaced or can i hold of re-mortgaging at the moment....(joke)

Also, garage said turbo waste gate is sticking.... is that a case of just cleaning the wast gate??

• 1 month later...

No one?

Ok, I just had the car back from the garage after having the smoke problem (constant white smoke bursts from exhaust between 2000rpm and 3000rpm) checked again by my own independent garage, and they checked the fault code too. They think it is down to the dpf trying and failing to re-gen and have advised me to go to main stealer.

Does that sound like i need the dpf replaced or can i hold of re-mortgaging at the moment....(joke)

Also, garage said turbo waste gate is sticking.... is that a case of just cleaning the wast gate??

Hi Mark,

What is the fault code: P1386? DPF problem or other.....??

Jozsef

Hi jozsef,

The fault code was p1386, however after multiple trips to Toyota they couldn't find the problem, in the end I thought I would just try a fuel additive.... Seems ok so far.

Hi jozsef,

The fault code was p1386, however after multiple trips to Toyota they couldn't find the problem, in the end I thought I would just try a fuel additive.... Seems ok so far.

Ok. This is good news! :thumbsup:

What is the name of the additive?

Thanks,

Jozsef

I used forte. I don't know how long it will stay a solution but I'm hoping it's permanent.

I used forte. I don't know how long it will stay a solution but I'm hoping it's permanent.

Forte is good stuff that I've used many times alone with Millers diesel clean!... But if you want the best stuff then go for BG244 as this is a once a year or 10k juice!... Beats the other stuff hands down :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links