Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio Seek

Jakki

Sorry to keep posting! :/

My radio isn't picking up any signal. I can do a search and it just keeps scanning, can't manually enter the radio stations as it still picks up nothing then does an auto search.

We've taken the unit out to check if the areal has fell out of the back but that is still in fact and I've replaced the areal on the roof.

Is there anything else it could be? Where do we look next?

If its an earth, any idea on where to look for it?

Sorry to be a pest!

Sorry to keep posting! :/

My radio isn't picking up any signal. I can do a search and it just keeps scanning, can't manually enter the radio stations as it still picks up nothing then does an auto search.

We've taken the unit out to check if the areal has fell out of the back but that is still in fact and I've replaced the areal on the roof.

Is there anything else it could be? Where do we look next?

If its an earth, any idea on where to look for it?

Sorry to be a pest!

I think the problem is either the stereo it's self or there's a break in the connection from the aerial to the stereo. I would try pulling the stereo out, checking the aerial connection at the stereo and the connector plug of the aerial it's self. Try wriggling the connection whilst trying to pick up a station. Also I would try using a length of copper wire as an aerial off the connection on the roof and to the back of the stereo just to rule out an aerial problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem except that my radio only loses stations intermittently - in areas which I presume are poor reception (remote countryside etc)

I've just noticed that the black seal around the bottom of the aerial base is missing - I can see a ring of bare metal there but when I look at other cars there is some kind of seal/washer between the base of the aerial and the car roof. Did you just replace the top part of the aerial or the whole thing, including the base ?

Does anyone know if the aerial base is easy to replace ?

Cheers

John

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links