Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen3 Engine Vibration At Startup

johalareewi

Over on Prius chat there is a Toyota Service Bulletin that addresses engine vibration at startup. Link to thread....

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii-2010-prius-care-maintenance-troubleshooting/101632-service-bulletin-engine-knocking-startup-t-sb-0204-11-a.html

• Like 2

Hmmm let's hope it makes it's way over the pond. I'm out of warranty now so will I still be able to get the work done for free?

I wonder if something similar will be issued for the Auris HSD?

Unless I've mis-read it, the fix is for the Prius built at only one of the factories in Japan and then only between specific dates. I think there are three factories in Japan that build the Prius.

Why does it only affect cars from one factory and not the other two?

The Auris HSD is made in a factory in the UK. Although where the parts are sourced from, and what gets manufactured here or in Japan, I don't know.

I think it is very much a case of wait and see.

I've had 2 'rough starts' in the Auris, one after a month of no use when away and again this week, for about 10 seconds, on a frosty morning. Don't know why but suspect the thin oil may contribute.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links