Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Refreshed 107 And C1 - Is The Aygo Due To Be Revised?

FROSTYBALLS

"The Peugeot 107 and Citroen C1 - which are based on the same platform and share engines - have both been given an overhaul for 2012. An exterior restyle and lower emissions, from 99g/km, are the most notable changes. The Peugeot will be available from February, with the Citroen C1 following in April.

Both cars are now congestion charge exempt and have free annual VED thanks to the lowered emissions figures, and economy is improved to 65.7mpg. Automated manual versions are offered too, with emissions of 104g/km. The 998cc three-cylinder petrol engine fitted to both the C1 and 107 produces 68bhp and 93Nm of torque, meaning a 0-60mph time of 14.2 seconds.

The Peugeot 107 is priced from £7995 for the three-door version, and £9345 for the five-door. Entry level Active models now get air conditioning as standard, and the Allure spec has been improved, with alloy wheels, bluetooth, rev counter and USB connectivity.

Similarly, the Citroen C1 has improved spec, with the same USB and bluetooth connectivity offered in the 107. Externally it benefits from LED daytime running lights and new alloy wheel designs, as well as improved interior quality and a radio fascia redesign. Pricing information for the C1 is unavailable at the moment, but more details will be released nearer its launch in April."

Will this mean that the Aygo is due to receive some revisions shortly?

I don't like the front bumper and grille, I think it looks fussy and old-fashioned and probably will be more expensive to replace or fix after a prang.

The Citroen C1's front looks the best of the three and the 107 the worst IMO.

Its only the front bumpers that have changed so hardly any difference to not like them. Think finally the Aygo looks the best :-)

I personally think the Aygo has gone from looking the best to now looking the worst of the trio. In their current state, the 107 has been the worst-looking, with the massive chrome bar running across the front. The 107 now looks a lot more cohesive after the latest facelift, and the C1 looks decent, even though the Citroen Badge makes it look as if it's got a little black nose. However, I don't think the angular, Yaris-like front end suits the Aygo at all - seems at odds with the rest of the car. Funny how much difference "a front bumper" actually makes to the look of a car!

I quite like the look of the new Aygo, except for those stupid daytime running lights that is now law. oh well.

I still think it looks the best of the three, with the 107 still the worst.

Looking more like the Yaris not good :( the thing i liked about the Aygo is that it was diffrent now it looks nearly the same as the Yaris what are you thinking Toyota personally give the Aygo the GT 86 body and i will be happy :P

gt-86-front34.jpg

Red-Toyota-Yaris-2012.jpg

Yaris

car_photo_488812_25.jpg

Aygo are you sure? looks like the Yaris

mmm not keen on the new front end looks. Was not a fan of the new Yaris so it's no suprise I am not overly enthused by this facelift either I suppose.

To be honest the facelift has got me curious as I thought the trio was being replaced by an all new trio very soon (Autumn/Winter 2012) so why the facelift again? I mean I already posted about my feelings about the new VW UP and it's 2 cousins, and this facelift has not diminished my feelings/desire to that car over the Aygo next time I am looking to change.

Bring out the all new model Toyota! If not beacuse of the VW Up, but also the Kia Picanto which now looks much funkier in comparison.

I don't think they have a big enough profit margin on these cars to update them every seven years. A new bumper is all we are getting although I think the shape still looks very current. Think the 107 and C1 have been made worse......

The all new Aygo/107/C1 is due in 2013 I believe.

I guess they felt a final facelift was in order to keep up with the challenge from the Up etc until the new models are ready. I think the Up looks good but major advantage to the Aygo triplets with the improved emissions and fuel ecenomy.

Can't make my mind up on the new front end. I don't like the colour in those photos so will wait until i've seen it in other colours.

The all new Aygo/107/C1 is due in 2013 I believe.

I guess they felt a final facelift was in order to keep up with the challenge from the Up etc until the new models are ready. I think the Up looks good but major advantage to the Aygo triplets with the improved emissions and fuel ecenomy.

Can't make my mind up on the new front end. I don't like the colour in those photos so will wait until i've seen it in other colours.

Like the new face, also a fan of the new Yaris look... But I hoped for a completely new model as I planned getting a new one this year. Yaris hybrid might be it now, I think it is coming out summer?

I actually like that colour. :rolleyes:

That new front end though. Resembles a big gaping "yawn", I think it looks awful, a Peugeot copy?! :huh:

I agree it looks allot like the Yaris, I think i like it, not keen on that colour but I'm sure thats just a limited edition colour for its launch, I think the C1 looks the best of the bunch.

I like the new face of the Aygo. Makes the other 2 look cheap. But the colour of the Aygo in that photo is awful. At last Peugoet have taken off the stupid big silver thing off the front bumper, although it still looks the worst of the 3. Only thing I don't like about the C1 is the black nose.

Wonder if Toyota will offer DRL fitting to existing AYGOs, I like them, though they look better on the C1. Dont think the new bumper will make me rush out and change my 11 Aygo for it though!

I don't think they have a big enough profit margin on these cars to update them every seven years. A new bumper is all we are getting although I think the shape still looks very current. Think the 107 and C1 have been made worse......

They're launching replacements for all three in 2013. This facelift is to last until then. The shape has indeed done well after 7 years.

• 1 month later...

Toyota have announced Fire and Ice special editions of the new-look Aygo. Not on the website yet but there's info on the Toyota blog. http://blog.toyota.c...go-fire-and-ice

Aygo Fire (based on, presumably, the car we see in the press shots).

• alloys
  • Front fogs
  • Tinted windows
  • LED daytime running lights
  • Leather steering wheel/gear knob
  • Rev counter
  • Burnt Orange paintwork with matching trim available

Aygo Ice (presumably like the current model but with a few tweaks as seen below):

• Air conditioning
  • Leather/alcantara trim
  • DAB-ready 4 speaker sound system
  • bluetooth and USB port

There are also some new 'style packs' with chrome add ons. Aygo and Aygo+ remain as the standard models further down the range, which now starts at £8495. No other word on colour changes apart from the addition of the orange which is already used on the iQ.

Just thought people might be interested :) Though I personally think Toyota have messed up slightly with the restyling. Maybe it'll be nicer in the metal.

i like the new look for the aygo i think it maakes it look a lot more appleling and more grown up and flashyer at the front....and i like th new colour they may bring out ( the orange one) but other than the front there not may differbces that you can see.... or are there???

i like the new look for the aygo i think it maakes it look a lot more appleling and more grown up and flashyer at the front....and i like th new colour they may bring out ( the orange one) but other than the front there not may differbces that you can see.... or are there???

Well it's only a facelift so there won't be many differences. They've tweaked the engine so that emissions are now 99g/km. But they haven't done much else. All-new model due next year.

Looks like they have also reintroduced the colour coded door protectors as used on the last Aygo Blue.

One of the main reasons I bought it in the first place!

So much better looking than the add-on pack and essential to stop those little dents picked up in supermarket car parks.

Might be tempted to upgrade from the Blue now.

New grill looks like the 107 but I prefer the latter smilely face.

• 3 weeks later...