Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Auris 1.6 Tr Fuel Range Meter.

ginge111

Hello all.

This morning i filled up my Auris 1.6 TR to the brim with fuel. As i pulled away from the petrol station i noticed that the fuel gauge wasnt showing that the petrol tank was full. I definitely put some in there as i left £60 lighter. Usually the petrol meter will instantly increase as soon as i start the engine. Eventually it gradually started filling up and now shows as full. However, the fuel range meter on the right hand dial only shows me as having 6 miles remaining? When i left the station it showed as 13 and i have driven a few miles to give the average consumption a chance to set to see if that would change it. It didnt.

Any ideas what is causing it to not change? Has anybody else had any issues like this?

Any help would be appreciated, i do have a 6 hours drive tonight and would rather know how much longer i can last!!

As with anything electronic, the first thing for any odd or weird issue has to be to reset the system and so that means disconnecting the Battery for a few minutes. Disconnect the negative lead. It's also worth pressing the brake pedal for a couple of seconds too after it's disconnected as the bulbs are a definite direct "load" across the supply and will instantly discharge any capacitors in the system control unit.

When you reconnect do it smartly, and tighten the clamp just sufficiently. Don't overtighten.

Start car, allow to idle for a few minutes and then drive. The ECU will take several miles to relearn certain values and during this phase the engine may appear to be running less well (such as poor or variable idle etc)

Just fiil up again with ignition off. It is always like that when you tank with ignition on

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links