Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo (2005-2014) Water Leaks Please Read

grahamthegasman

Take the seal off and clean off all the moss and crud that builds up before spending on a new seal. Worked for me. I had water drops running down the inside of the window.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Where is best to buy seals, I am in the process of removing all the interior so I can get my partner to run water over the car while I am sat inside.

If it does end up being the door seal is this just toyota parts? Also If I want to fit the *extra* seal around the rear door could I please have a link to what I need to purchase.

Also a link to the rear light seals as I think I am just going to change everything tbh. And seal up the vents and the prongs for the rear hatch also the 3rd brake. It is a 2012 Toyota Aygo.

EDIT - forgot to say we are getting water in rear passenger footwell... It is a 5 door model. There is a lot of water.

EDIT2 - I have asked Toyota and they aren't interested. They want £125 just to check for a leak. Mod edit.

Thank you ever so much

toyota/citroen/pug dealer for door seals...rear lights might as well use silicon , although theres a eBay seller selling thicker gaskets 

Oh god, so expensive then. Don't really wanna give them any of my money after the way the guy spoke to me earlier.... Gave it him back tho so all good.

OK I will see the weekend once we get the hose over the car.

Thank you

You could have a look at third party sellers such as the City Bug Store UK.

You can also send Parts-King a pm, giving detail of your car (reg.no as a minimum), state what you want, and he will provide a price.

Ok thanks both,

Will see how I get on on the weekend, will keep you all updated!

So got home from work, seats out all plastics and carpet up.

now it looks to me as if it is coming from the fuel pump area, all the floor is wet, front and back foot wells but I cannot see any trail of water from the door seals at all.

It seems it is coming from that area if you look at the pics. But there is no trail from the rear to that point... 

anyone seen that before? Looks like the one puddle is a dark blue colour 

edit- also looks like I got some rubbing down and de rusting jobs to do as well...

13FC6752-B230-43E2-B8C5-5F64CEBB1EEF.jpeg

5B1E0306-5453-4FB8-A554-41DB4B56A28A.jpeg

F325B6DA-7187-4DBF-9942-2F5E2DE32B14.jpeg

EB776603-2E56-4BBF-AD59-200F52590CCB.jpeg

can imagine it coming from the fuel pump cover unless youve been through some mega floods 

do you park at an angle?  mine was trickling around the edge of the boot then into the footwells , think it worse as i left it parked nose down for 2 weeks

Well we only recently bought the car like 5 days ago. Bought privately.

So there would be no way you think for water to come up from there? Round the sides of the tank or something maybe?

Can't wait till the weekend to get the hose on it!

High level brake light, tail gate bump stops, rear vents, rear lamp seals, and door seals are THE MOST common problems. Water gets in the rear boot area, and under braking, cascades under the back seat and forward into the rear passenger footwells. Spend time on those jobs first before anything else, and dry everything out, otherwise you get mould and the carpet will stink 

Just now, Parts-King said:

High level brake light, tail gate bump stops, rear vents, rear lamp seals, and door seals are THE MOST common problems. Water gets in the rear boot area, and under braking, cascades under the back seat and forward into the rear passenger footwells. Spend time on those jobs first before anything else, and dry everything out, otherwise you get mould and the carpet will stink 

Thanks Parts King.

I have had a good search around the forum and got a nice list together. But you have secured what I thought. I am gonna seal everything up even if it isn't leaking just do it.

Thanks so much

I just bought a 12 plate for Mrs Kingo, it had water in the boot, :rolleyes: Sealed the rear lights, high level, did bump stops and lamps, looks like it's fixed now 

• Like 2

So the sound deadening that runs up the firewall from the drivers feet is wet as well same as passengers.

is that gonna be front windscreen?

seems I have bought a boat, seller saw me coming from his lighthouse

dont hear of many leaky screens 

has it not filled the footwells then soaked along towards the front?

should be easy to see whats going on with the trims out...get a helper to hosepipe it while you watch

Hey Steveo, yeah I am doing that Saturday, think it is best I leave this forum till then otherwise I will keep posting haha!

Will let you all know the weekend. Thank you so much everyone so far!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Aygo12White said:

So the sound deadening that runs up the firewall from the drivers feet is wet as well same as passengers.

I reckon that is most likely a capillary action, coming up from the floor, the screens don't normally leak 

As mentioned before, water in the boot or rear footwells can shoot forward under braking, sending water forward, and kidding you as to where it is coming in  

• Like 1

Ok so spoke to parts king but just so everyone knows front drivers side door seal is leaking, absolutely nothing is coming in from the rear, spent an hour with the hose. 

door seals seem a bit expensive so as it is a slight kink in the seal by the looks I have banged some sealant in there and smoothed it all off.

The stuff around the fuel pump looks like it had been leaking at some point in its life but nothing is coming in at all from the rear.

will give it a day or so to cure and will try again if not will be buying a new seal.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2012 at 9:33 PM, grahamthegasman said:

Hi all ,my wifes Aygo has sprung leaks in the boot area and passenger door area.The car is out of warranty but i rang Toyota in Bradford today and they know about widespread problem with Aygos,to my surprise the service manager said they have now extended warranty on Aygos to five years but only for water leaks.Wifes car now booked in ,said wil change door seals and fit mod to both doors.Also will remove rear bumper and refit 2 vents behind bumper and also third break light will be removed and resealed.I was so pleased as car was out of warranty 2008 model,but will now be under warranty for two years so water leaks can now be sorted with no charge to us.RESULT.Please make phone calls and see if you can get yours sorted good luck guys.

Does anybody know if you get leaks from the hinges of Toyota aygo 2008 its leaking in from the top

No, it will be getting past the door surround seal, unless the screen is leaking which would be unusual 

On 2/1/2012 at 5:08 PM, rolfieboy said:

My wifes' Aygo has gone into Derby Inchcape today to have to waterleaks fixed. I had sealed the high level brake light myself and stopped it leaking from there which the garage was told about before they started.

Initially i was told that there would be a £80+vat to find the leak which after complaining, dropped to £40+vat!

I was told that if they found a leak, that was covered by the extended warranty, then i would not have to pay the diagnosis fee.

I was called this afternoon confirming that they had found 4 leaking areas (2 x rubber bump stops for the tailgate and the 2 vents behind the bumper)

I was then told that I may have to pay for these as Toyota may not honour the extended warranty??? This was after they lady had spoke to Toyota GB warranty dept. Anyway, she promised to do her best, but i may end up paying for some portion of the repair.

I made my feelings known and she promised to keep in touch.

I was contacted later still after the lady had tried to order the replacement parts and told that because of the amount of leaks being reported and repaired that all of the parts are on back order, some due in on 11th Feb and some with no date available!

I was told to keep the courtesy car as they will not release my wifes car until all the parts have been delivered and fitted and again, water leak tested.

Now, I work for Toyota at Burnaston and feel totally peeved that customers get treated in this way, especially as we always treat all cars we build with a customer first approach. If this is the level of aftersales care that is normally expected, (cannot complain about Inchcape Derby, they have kept me informed and not their fault regarding parts supply) then i can completely sympathise with people who switch brands after losing confidence in Toyota. Moreover, to me and the lads at the factory, potentially, our jobs could be at risk due to lack of customer loyalty and repeat business.

I will be taking this matter up with TGB internally at work to highlight my worries with aftersales in general.

I welcome any comments or feelings on my predicament (either waterleaks or aftersales service)

Rant over..........and relax!

Does anybody know if you get leaks from the hinges of Toyota aygo 2008 its leaking in from the top

seen several people say they had a leak at the hinge ...they leak pretty much anywhere 

In addition of the recommendations of this post, here are the official Toyota documents I found about the needed fixes (sorry one is in German) : bo-0116t-1211-aygo.pdf2011 service info BO-0116T and 2008 service bulletin B-8005 sb_b8005_0_1_AD water ingress front door.pdf and pic of B-8005 applied.

sb_b8005 view.jpg

• Like 1